Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Some from Air force background or family should clarify this.

Pakis are claiming that it's the wreckage of Indian Mig because its tail has a Prefix C

PAF wreckage from Jodhpur

14202640_1047941378635476_703215312981376011_n.jpg

Bornubus

Anymore info on this display?
As far as I know, C designation numbers were also present on Canadair Sabres supplied to Porkistan.
On Paki forum they say that its not F 7 as claim by Indians (allegedly)

However, i am not sure what is written on the description.

WolfPack86

Country flag
MiG-21 jet overshoots runway at Srinagar Airport, no one injured
NEW DELHI: An Indian Air Force MiG-21 fighter jet overshot the runway by 200 metres, while landing at Srinagar Airport on Tuesday afternoon. No casualties or injuries were reported.

The jet's pilot was safely evacuated, but the runway was damaged. Civilian flights to and from the airport have been stopped.

"The fighter jet made an emergency landing at the Srinagar Airport after the pilot noticed a technical snag in the plane. The tyres of the jet were badly burnt due to the emergency landing but timely action saved the plane," airport sources in Srinagar told PTI.

Sources further said fire tenders were rushed to the runway to ensure the aircraft did not catch fire.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...rport-no-one-injured/articleshow/54423559.cms

Bornubus

AF UAV crashed in Jaisalmer.

------------------''

shiphone

Country flag
Anymore info on this display?
As far as I know, C designation numbers were also present on Canadair Sabres supplied to Porkistan.
LOL....F86? so obviously not....
BTW is so called PAF J-7 displayed in IAF museum?

Sabres

and IAF MiG-21 FL/M/MF

QQ截图20160922161557.png

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
IAF successfully fires long-range air-to-air missile

The missile achieved a direct hit on a target which was much smaller than an actual aircraft and flying at a low altitude.
NEW DELHI: Indian Air Force today successfully fired recently acquired long range air-to-air MICA missile on a manoeuvring target from Mirage-2000 Upgrade combat aircraft.
With the success of this mission by 'Tigers', the first squadron of the force, IAF has become one of the few air forces in the world with the capability of such beyond visual range air-to-air missile, a Defence Ministry release said.
The missile achieved a direct hit on a target which was much smaller than an actual aircraft and flying at a low altitude, it said.
The target was destroyed on missile impact validating the launch envelope of the missile, it said.
The operational success of this mission confirms a critical capability of IAF, it added.

sbm

Country flag
Anyone know if IAF bases have underground hangars for aircraft? Reportedly Trishul airbase has one. Any others?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Anyone know if IAF bases have underground hangars for aircraft? Reportedly Trishul airbase has one. Any others?
Adampur in Punjab and Hindon in UP.

FYI, Hindon is Asia's largest Military Air Base (8th in the world) with one of most complex and massive underground hangar facilities.

Reactions: sbm

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Adampur in Punjab and Hindon in UP.

FYI, Hindon is Asia's largest Military Air Base (8th in the world) with one of most complex and massive underground hangar facilities.
Do all our Mig-29 are upgrade? are still upgrading.............?

sbm

Country flag
Wow! Fully underground hangar for combat aircraft ? Wowsers. But Hindon has no aircraft stationed there at present does it ?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Do all our Mig-29 are upgrade? are still upgrading.............?
Six months (I guess), I posted am article that MiG-29 upgraded, they were delivered, but since then, I have got news about upgradation multiple. So, I conclude that we have been upgrading them. We have upgraded some and will upgrade more.
My personal view.
I know that wikipedia says this but is it accurate?
Accuracy is for determining location, not base standing in standards.
You are concerned about accuracy because you think I quoted from Wikipedia.
And if I would have quoted the source quoted in Wikipedia, nobody would have questions.:p

sbm

Country flag
Six months (I guess), I posted am article that MiG-29 upgraded, they were delivered, but since then, I have got news about upgradation multiple. So, I conclude that we have been upgrading them. We have upgraded some and will upgrade more.
My personal view.

Accuracy is for determining location, not base standing in standards.
You are concerned about accuracy because you think I quoted from Wikipedia.
And if I would have quoted the source quoted in Wikipedia, nobody would have questions.:p

I like the response! Nice. Seriously though. We have a TOI report for Trishul air base but any for Adampur and Hindon. Surprised Lohegaon and Gwalior are not so enabled.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Goa airport which is combined Naval and Civilian airport, seems very unprotected to my naked eye. More 50% of Naval air assets are based there, in open or in non reinforced flimsy hangers. Very vulnerable situation. Any major raid or bombing, and most of our Naval air assets would be gone.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles