India's 'silent' prime minister becomes a tragic figure

pankaj nema

Country flag
Can we stop this diatribe towards one guy when the problem is with the entire establishment. Let's not help Congress in escaping this because we created a scapegoat for them.
There is NO diatribe

If the PM has NO authority as the currrent PM then he can simply resign and say
I have failed in my duty

He has been the PM for EIGHT years now
He Surely has no lust for power

He is simply SHIELDING the Gandhis who are the real crooks

sob

Mod
Country flag
Zee news with new spin, due to India rejecting American fighters from MRCA deal and due to closeness if ties with Iran, the US establishment is out to defame the country.

The spin is going on right now.

p2prada

Zee news with new spin, due to India rejecting American fighters from MRCA deal and due to closeness if ties with Iran, the US establishment is out to defame the country.

I would say it is more to do with Walmart not being allowed inside the country than the MRCA deal. Oh! Well. Another country following British footsteps.

pankaj nema

Country flag

Zee news has a small brain so it can think of only conspiracy theories

The fact is that American media comments prominently on ALL Emerging powers
and yes that includes India

And due to globalisation Indians have become very image conscious

We want the world to praise us much more than criticise us for poverty and corruption

Hence such comments hurt and become a big deal here in India

When Indira and Rajiv used to be criticised Indians gave TWO HOOTS about it

Reactions: KS

pankaj nema

Country flag
This time our PM is facing the flak

There was a time when INDIA THE COUNTRY itself was badly criticised by American media for
KASHMIR and NOT signing the NPT ie in the mid Nineties

It was the WORST period in India US relations ie the Nineties

venkat

Unfortunately MMS doesn't believe in Monica levinski type of things.....He is not a politician..He is a renowned economist ,who along with PVNR pulled India out of economic doldrums in the 1990s with liberalization and other measures ,which made India change its fortunes. We should be grateful to him. Washington post believes in Bill Clinton and Monica levinski!!!!

sob

Mod
Country flag
The real problem is that the Govt. irrespective of any party is used to a very docile press, and when a foreign journal writes a criticism then they cannot bear it. they would like to treat even the foreign press like the Indian press.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Why?. US government is not responsible for Washington Post. And also there is nothing wrong in what Washington Post article said about MMS. He is an incompetent and corrupt prime minister.
He may be incompetent , but do you have any proof to back ur claim????

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I would like to remain silent at our silent PM!

SPIEZ

Country flag
While everyone starts playing the devil's advocate, India wouldn't have been in this stage without him.

And by this state I meant one of the emerging economies of the world

maomao

Country flag

Con-gress for it's hunger for corruption will turn this country into a banana republic / basket case - just like pakistan with its dumb conspiracy theories and religious superstitions!

Last edited:

maomao

Country flag
While everyone starts playing the devil's advocate, India wouldn't have been in this stage without him.

And by this state I meant one of the emerging economies of the world
Hence, he gets the birth right to allow his cabinet to plunder the country's poor and loot its natural resources?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Actually, not many people know this but MMS is an astute politician.
I have heard this, and take it with a pinch of salt, that MMS is exposing the corruption done by his fellow cabinet members. He cannot chastise them publicly, so he is attacking them indirectly. If this is true, then more power to MMS.

ani82v

Country flag
The journalist who wrote this for WaPo says that his article was very mild compared to what is written in Indian media.

Are ToI, HT or IE in the business of taking Cong Govt to task? I don't think so.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Hence, he gets the birth right to allow his cabinet to plunder the country's poor and loot its natural resources?
Lesson's learnt, beurocrat's don't make good the best leaders.

But think what would happen had anyone else been in his place, now that would have been short of tragic

parijataka

Country flag
I have heard this, and take it with a pinch of salt, that MMS is exposing the corruption done by his fellow cabinet members. He cannot chastise them publicly, so he is attacking them indirectly. If this is true, then more power to MMS.
I have also read somewhere that Digvijaya Singh is actually an RSS agent sent to destroy Congress from within... :)

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Even if it might be true we should not tolerate foreign media abusing our leaders.

He may be a bastard but he's our bastard! Dhimmi attitude strikes again.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
No lets close our mind and continue on abusing him because that what we do.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

A good one!

A mole within the Congress? :pound:

Is that the reason why he has got Chidambaram as the Finance Minister?

maomao

Country flag
There could be substance in your assertion! Knowing very well the honesty and brevity (pun intended) of Indian media, I'm always amazed how easily they are targeting MMS and not Con-gress? Which makes me think on the lines of the fact that these corrupt paid media houses and their masters may be very unhappy with the PMO, also they would love to have a real life dumb PM in the shape of Raul Vincci, which would further enhance their capability to loot the nation!

In short, PMO could be exposing corrupt Con-gress and in retaliation paid/sold-out media creating a catch 22 situation for MMS; so that in the end he takes the fall for corruption and every con-gressi thug goes scot free, and further they are able to install Raul as PM who commands extremely low intellect - which inturn will fuel magnanimous loot -- this time without detection!

Just a theory!

However, MMS is a known Madam's servant!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles