India to spend 35 billion dollars over 10 years to boost airpower

vishwaprasad

Country flag
It is good sign if India implements that military procurement plan.

China needs to give India constant pressure so that it keeps on investing its precious and limited resource on military buildup, especially on expensive foreign weapon. There on better way than that to bring down India.
Keep dreaming....our defense expenditure is still very low compared to our GDP....and in spite of keeping it low we have access to best of the best tech avail around the globe....P8I's, Phalcon, Rafales, Scorpeans, C-17's, AH-64's, C-130's, Green Pine for which China can only dream of....at the most we will increase our expenses by 1 more percent and still it will be lower than what Chain and Pak are spending compare to their GDP.....and be assure that by doing this we will be spending much lower than you but we will always be ahead of you when it comes to quality....so my dear, forget China doing with India what US could do with USSR....such Chinese trick will not be enough to bring India down.

libindi

Tihar Jail
Banned
Keep dreaming....our defense expenditure is still very low compared to our GDP....and in spite of keeping it low we have access to best of the best tech avail around the globe....P8I's, Phalcon, Rafales, Scorpeans, C-17's, AH-64's, C-130's, Green Pine for which China can only dream of....at the most we will increase our expenses by 1 more percent and still it will be lower than what Chain and Pak are spending compare to their GDP.....and be assure that by doing this we will be spending much lower than you but we will always be ahead of you when it comes to quality....so my dear, forget China doing with India what US could do with USSR....such Chinese trick will not be enough to bring India down.
Yeah we have dreamed those before,like 30 years ago,but now we understand its better to do it yourself even if it takes longer and more effort。

Last edited:

libindi

Tihar Jail
Banned
You guys are rich... oh wait, you guys are broke! With high debt, fake GDP over-reported by 20-25%, a recession and unruly population... lets see how it goes. :shocked:
If you can afford a plane ticket to china(which i doubt):taunt:,you can see it for youself,how about this idea?famous chini expert?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If you can afford a plane ticket to china(which i doubt):taunt:,you can see it for youself,how about this idea?famous chini expert?
I rode the Chini roller-coaster to its apex, then its economy started crashing so it was time to get out. With 14 months under my belt as recent as last year, I think I have seen enough. There is no reason to go back if it is unprofitable.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Rank Country Spending ($ Bn.)[1] % of GDP World share (%) Spending ($ Bn. PPP)[2]
— World total 1,735 2.5 100 1562.3
1 United States 711.0 4.7 41 711
2 Chinay 143.0 2.0 8.2 228
3 Russiay 80.7 3.9 4.1 93.7
4 United Kingdom 62.7 2.6 3.6 57.5
5 France 62.5 2.3 3.6 50.1
6 Japan 59.3 1.0 3.4 44.7
7 Saudi Arabiaz 48.2 8.7 2.8 58.8
8 India 46.8 2.5 2.7 112
9 Germanyy 46.7 1.3 2.7 40.4
10 Brazil 35.4 1.5 2.0 33.8
11 Italyy 34.5 1.6 2.0 28.5
12 South Korea 30.8 2.7 1.8 42.1
13 Australia 26.7 1.8 1.5 16.6
14 Canaday 24.7 1.4 1.4 19.9
15 Turkeyy 17.9 2.3 1.0 25.2

2.5 percent of your GDP isn't that low, it is higher than many countries as indicated in the figure.

But that it isn't my point. How much you spend doesn't really matter as long as the budget is reasonable high. What really matters is how you spend it.

India spends too much money on foreign stuff, at the end of the day, all the money goes into the pocket of international weapon dealers at the end of the day. The more money you spend on imported toys, the less you invest on your own projects. Without enough investment, your domestic defence industry will never grow up, instead it is dying.

Without a strong domestic defence industry, your military buildup won't be sustainable, you won't be able to engage in a long term arm race with China. If you don't engage in the arm race, China will attack India once Chinese military force is strong enough to overwhelm India. If you engage, the way you spend on imported weapons, your economy will be brought down.

drkrn

Rank Country Spending ($ Bn.)[1] % of GDP World share (%) Spending ($ Bn. PPP)[2]
— World total 1,735 2.5 100 1562.3
1 United States 711.0 4.7 41 711
2 Chinay 143.0 2.0 8.2 228
3 Russiay 80.7 3.9 4.1 93.7
4 United Kingdom 62.7 2.6 3.6 57.5
5 France 62.5 2.3 3.6 50.1
6 Japan 59.3 1.0 3.4 44.7
7 Saudi Arabiaz 48.2 8.7 2.8 58.8
8 India 46.8 2.5 2.7 112
9 Germanyy 46.7 1.3 2.7 40.4
10 Brazil 35.4 1.5 2.0 33.8
11 Italyy 34.5 1.6 2.0 28.5
12 South Korea 30.8 2.7 1.8 42.1
13 Australia 26.7 1.8 1.5 16.6
14 Canaday 24.7 1.4 1.4 19.9
15 Turkeyy 17.9 2.3 1.0 25.2

2.5 percent of your GDP isn't that low, it is higher than many countries as indicated in the figure.

But that it isn't my point. How much you spend doesn't really matter as long as the budget is reasonable high. What really matters is how you spend it.

India spends too much money on foreign stuff, at the end of the day, all the money goes into the pocket of international weapon dealers at the end of the day. The more money you spend on imported toys, the less you invest on your own projects. Without enough investment, your domestic defence industry will never grow up, instead it is dying.

Without a strong domestic defence industry, your military buildup won't be sustainable, you won't be able to engage in a long term arm race with China. If you don't engage in the arm race, China will attack India once Chinese military force is strong enough to overwhelm India. If you engage, the way you spend on imported weapons, your economy will be brought down.
India is spending too much on foreign stuff-agreed, but a very high-tech equipment what our adversaries can ever dream about.a need of the hour.
to invest we don't have a formidable defense industry in our country yet and necessary steps are being taken to develop one

yes accepted that without a formidable defense industry India can't engage itself with china+Pakistan in this region, a truth at-last realized by the govt

nimo_cn

Country flag
India is spending too much on foreign stuff-agreed, but a very high-tech equipment what our adversaries can ever dream about.a need of the hour.
to invest we don't have a formidable defense industry in our country yet and necessary steps are being taken to develop one

yes accepted that without a formidable defense industry India can't engage itself with china+Pakistan in this region, a truth at-last realized by the govt
What high-tech equipement in your inventory that China doesn't possess? Few. And how much advantage you are gaining by having them? None.

An Indian military force which is heavily dependent on foreign weapon system possesses little threat China in the long term, only a self-reliant India is gonna scare China. India's reliance on foreign weapons, like addiction to drugs, is becoming worse day by day as China is putting pressure on Inda by strenghtening military presence along Tibet border and in Indian ocean. There aren't much time left for India, you simply has missed the time window of concentrating on the development of Indian defence industry without disturbance from the outside.

And as I observe see it, Indian government doesn't realise the importance of having a strong domestic defence industry, especially Indian military force, they seem to care the least about Indian defence industry. They are acting like a spoiled child who has no vision but is hijacking Indian goverment for expensive and fancy foreign tanks and aircrafts. The worse part is Indian government can be so easily affected by their generals and always pays the bill.

Let me share some rumors about Chinese J10.

Can you see that photo? The photo was taken in 1990s when Jiang Zeming, the then Chinese president was inspecting J10, and wasn't disclosed until recently. Before that, Jiang had no knowledge of the existence of J10. It was when he was visiting Sichuan province that the provincial officials told him that there was a aircraft program running in Chengdu( the capital of Sichuan province). Jiang was kind of surprised by that news, but he accepted the advice of paying that new plane a visit.

During the visit, the team arranged a flight show for Jiang, and the photo was taken after the show. Jiang was very impressed by the plane and asked every detail of the project, by having a conversation with the chief designer, Jiang learned that the project was facing a finacial difficulty and he promised money wouldn't be a problem in the future. Apparentely, Jiang was keen to see this bird being inducted. However, Chinese PLAAF generals thought otherwise.

Back then, PLAAF generals were overwhelmed by Russian Su27, all they wanted was more Su27s. They submitted report to Jiang and asked for more Su27, Jiang was pissed off by generals' superstitious attitude towards Russian planes and condescending attitude towards Chinese planes. Insiders say Jiang was so angry that he smashed a tea cup in front of the general and threatened that he could find generals who value Chinese planes.

Country flag
What high-tech equipement in your inventory that China doesn't possess? Few. And how much advantage you are gaining by having them? None.
Does China have a rotodome AWAC? when you have something you adversary dosen't it's not an
advantage?? China's arsenal is about 20 years behind in tech of the rest of the world.

drkrn

An Indian military force which is heavily dependent on foreign weapon system possesses little threat China in the long term, only a self-reliant India is gonna scare China. India's reliance on foreign weapons, like addiction to drugs, is becoming worse day by day as China is putting pressure on Inda by strenghtening military presence along Tibet border and in Indian ocean. There aren't much time left for India, you simply has missed the time window of concentrating on the development of Indian defence industry without disturbance from the outside.

And as I observe see it, Indian government doesn't realise the importance of having a strong domestic defence industry, especially Indian military force, they seem to care the least about Indian defence industry. They are acting like a spoiled child who has no vision but is hijacking Indian goverment for expensive and fancy foreign tanks and aircrafts. The worse part is Indian government can be so easily affected by their generals and always pays the bill.

Let me share some rumors about Chinese J10.

Can you see that photo? The photo was taken in 1990s when Jiang Zeming, the then Chinese president was inspecting J10, and wasn't disclosed until recently. Before that, Jiang had no knowledge of the existence of J10. It was when he was visiting Sichuan province that the provincial officials told him that there was a aircraft program running in Chengdu( the capital of Sichuan province). Jiang was kind of surprised by that news, but he accepted the advice of paying that new plane a visit.

During the visit, the team arranged a flight show for Jiang, and the photo was taken after the show. Jiang was very impressed by the plane and asked every detail of the project, by having a conversation with the chief designer, Jiang learned that the project was facing a finacial difficulty and he promised money wouldn't be a problem in the future. Apparentely, Jiang was keen to see this bird being inducted. However, Chinese PLAAF generals thought otherwise.

Back then, PLAAF generals were overwhelmed by Russian Su27, all they wanted was more Su27s. They submitted report to Jiang and asked for more Su27, Jiang was pissed off by generals' superstitious attitude towards Russian planes and condescending attitude towards Chinese planes. Insiders say Jiang was so angry that he smashed a tea cup in front of the general and threatened that he could find generals who value Chinese planes.
are you joking.
the quality of many recent defense purchases far far exceeds in capability what china possesses(out of which only few are in Indian hands)
name Israeli AWACS,Rafael jets,p-8i,American howitzers,Apache and who knows many more to come.

china till date doesn't posses any military material at the standard of America/Israel...

you cant beat their decades of experience and so much of knowledge gained from their war time experiences with in just few decades....

its nothing wrong to feel great about your local industry,and of-course its maturing very fast but never downplay others buddy.

accept with rest of your part calling reliance on foreign equipment is an addiction, but at the nick of this moment g.o.i don't have any choice.our defense industry has just now started to walk and takes years for them to stand alone.Indian govt is no fool to be tricked by anyone.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles