India rejects Pakistan’s demand for more evidence

Flint

sir,
look at iran. hasnt iran bulldozed US into finally accepting their 'conditions'. US, today wants clear disputes with US.
we certainly have more leverage than iran, sir. but we need some b@lls.
Are you kidding me? Iran has not done anything. Its the US which realized that working with Iran is to their advantage rather than abusing them all the time.

Also, please dont' compare India with Iran. We are already on good terms with the US.
Oh, and Iran doesn't have the slightest power to influence US foreign policy. Jeez.

If by balls you mean threatening the US, inviting sanctions from half the world, screwing up your economy and becoming a part of the 'axis of evil' then no, better not to have balls.

johnee

Are you kidding me? Iran has not done anything. Its the US which realized that working with Iran is to their advantage rather than abusing them all the time.

Also, please dont' compare India with Iran. We are already on good terms with the US.
Oh, and Iran doesn't have the slightest power to influence US foreign policy. Jeez.

If by balls you mean threatening the US, inviting sanctions from half the world, screwing up your economy and becoming a part of the 'axis of evil' then no, better not to have balls.
I knew you would say this. I knew you would just dismiss iran as a rogue. but dont you see that iran has not just surrendered before US. US wouldnt have realised that working with iran is good if iran was just sucking up to them. but US now realises and is ready to look the other way when iran tries make nukes. is it not an achievement?
iran is an extreme example. I am not saying that india should take that risk. but we need to use our leverage. oh yes, sir, we do have the leverage. our geopolitical placing gives us that leverage. US has lot of interest in keeping india as its future ally and a potential counter balance to china. it envisages the same role for us that pakistan had played few decades ago. this we must use as leverage to make US put pressure on pakistan to extract terror masterminds. just look at pak, even now it makes US give it loads of dollars, how? it uses its own leverage. it threaten US that if it stops cooperating than US' WOT will end abruptly, knowing fully well that if US stops doling out aid, then pak is finished. they take calculated risk(not even risk frankly). on contrary, we have india that thinks it has no leverage watsoever. how ironic!

Flint

Anyways - more nonsense coming from Pakistan:

He pointed out that the DNA samples provided by India for Ajmal and Ismail, a terrorist killed in Mumbai, were identical and there was only a one-in-a-trillion chance of this happening in the case of twins. Therefore, a clarification had been sought from India, he said.
http://www.hindu.com/2009/04/14/stories/2009041460611400.htm

Perhaps we need to send someone over to Pak and explain the meaning of DNA.

Flint

I knew you would say this. I knew you would just dismiss iran as a rogue. but dont you see that iran has not just surrendered before US. US wouldnt have realised that working with iran is good if iran was just sucking up to them. but US now realises and is ready to look the other way when iran tries make nukes. is it not an achievement?
When did US decide to look the other way? The US thinks that engaging with the Iranian leadership is a more effective way to convince them into giving up their nukes.

I just cannot see the comparison here. India is in a far better position with the US diplomatically than Iran. You realize that don't you? Iran is in NO POSITION to pressure the US into acting Iran's interest. The US has simply agreed to TALK to the Iranian leadership. That's it.

iran is an extreme example. I am not saying that india should take that risk. but we need to use our leverage. oh yes, sir, we do have the leverage. our geopolitical placing gives us that leverage. US has lot of interest in keeping india as its future ally and a potential counter balance to china. it envisages the same role for us that pakistan had played few decades ago. this we must use as leverage to make US put pressure on pakistan to extract terror masterminds.
Let me tell you that breaking all contacts (or threatning to do so) is not going to get our job done. Being all pally with Pakistan is. Let me assure you of that.

just look at pak, even now it makes US give it loads of dollars, how? it uses its own leverage. it threaten US that if it stops cooperating than US' WOT will end abruptly, knowing fully well that if US stops doling out aid, then pak is finished. they take calculated risk(not even risk frankly). on contrary, we have india that thinks it has no leverage watsoever. how ironic!
Oh wow. You're looking to Pak for foreign policy expertise. Fantastic

Those billions of dollars? Pakistan paid back with its own sovereignty. It lets US bomb its territory. It lets the US probe deep into its nuclear setup to ensure that things are safe. Its leadership is hostage to the diktats of the US. Don't you see that? How can you possibly, possibly even suggest that we should learn ANYTHING from Pakistan's dealings with the US.
Are you suggesting that we threaten to destroy peace in the subcontinent and ask the US to fulfill our demands in return? Won't that be detrimental to our own interests as well ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles