India has to take military steps against Pakistan to deter terror attacks

Chinmoy

Country flag
liberating the whole of Baltistan & Haji Pir Pass at best, along with extensive precision airstrikes against all the PA's garrisons in & around the Uri-Poonch Bulge, the Leepa Valley Bulge, Dansum (housing the 323 Siachen Bde of the PA), Khapalu & Skardu. All these areas contain formations/garrisons of the Force Command Northern Areas (FCNA)--the biggest field HQ of the PA----(prasun k. sengupha)
Now this Prasun Sengupta is talking nonsense. He wants to declare war on Pakistan? What we would achieve through this?

Brood Father

Country flag
Destroy their weak point;

Dismantle their western borders.

Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Bhai baloochistan pahunchege kaise .....Kashmir sambhal nahee raha or baloochistan todne kee baat kartein hai hum
Those of you who are repeating not to do knee jerk reaction and to observe restraint
Was India unprepared for this situation ??
I mean we were expecting such attacks , don't we have any counter strategy at place
Someone in interview talked about offensive defense , so I am sure India has multiple strategy in place for situation like this ..We are no chicken shit ans we are dealing with this menace from past 30 years
What lacks is the competence to execute the plan (I mean politically)
This Modi guy bought a lot of hope but he is even worst than MMS , incompetent to the core and can only do MONKEYBAT
MODI is nothing but sheep pretended to be a wolf , he has been caught pants down
Now if he has any shame , he should go back to attend shakhas wearing khaki chaddi

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
NDA will have to act or they will use their good will they have earned through Modi, Modi himself is facing a challenge by this attack.
This is where we must educate the crowd about how government may react.

We are defence forum people and have a better understanding about defence affairs than other civilians.

Therefore it is our responsibility to teach others and tell them that PM Modi and NSA Doval are doing something about it.

This isn't a classroom fight where people lob chairs and tables at each other.

It is serious.

USA has geographic isolation to its advantage so half the world would have exhausted 70% of their budget only on reaching there with all military logistics. We have two neighbours that support each other in wars and both are nuclear armed.

Mind over matter is what we need here and to help our PM, we should spread the right understanding among people.

I suggest all DFI members start spreading the real sensibility among Indians, before foolish and emotionally gullible Indian voters end up supporting a Jihadi-loving opposition.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Bhai baloochistan pahunchege kaise .....Kashmir sambhal nahee raha or baloochistan todne kee baat kartein hai hum
Ye 1947 nahi hai ki hame Balochistan aur KP pahunchne me 2 din lagenge. There are elements call intelligence network and modern transportation system. Intelligence uses enemy's resources against him.

Please learn about it.

Those of you who are repeating not to do knee jerk reaction and to observe restraint
YES.

India is unprepared.

For the last 25 years, India has been bogged down in defence preparedness like never seen in India's history. Though there are things that I am not supposed to disclose publicly (it would compromise confidentiality), The last three governments had shown no interest in ramping up our defence capabilities.

As a result, military logistics in India has been at its weakest.

People like you and most others have no idea about the amount of work that is going on behind the scenes in the last two years. The request for light tanks for the border in Sikkim was asked more than 11 years ago. Only after Modi came, these tanks have come.

I see them in my home state everytime I visit the northern parts of the state which borders China.

It was not there for 11 years.

There was no logistics and Sikkim was sitting naked at Chinese mercy thanks to all "secular, liberal, intellectual" governments in the last decade.

We kept requesting SIKKIM Scouts unit for IA and nothing happened. Only after Modi came, these units have been raised.

I mean we were expecting such attacks , don't we have any counter strategy at place
Someone in interview talked about offensive defense , so I am sure India has multiple strategy in place for situation like this ..We are no chicken shit ans we are dealing with this menace from past 30 years
You are now being emotional. The competence was not Modi's fault. The political parties for the last 30 years had no concern for India's defence while China militarized faster than even US and today has become a monster we cannot fight directly.

Do you blame that also on Modi?

This Modi guy bought a lot of hope but he is even worst than MMS , incompetent to the core and can only do MONKEYBAT MODI is nothing but sheep pretended to be a wolf , he has been caught pants down
Now if he has any shame , he should go back to attend shakhas wearing khaki chaddi
Stop talking through your arse and please get a grip on yourself.

I am from a bordering state whose state government isn't BJP and hasn't been so for 25 years.

But let me tell you this; If something has happened in defence, it has happened ONLY SINCE 2014 June.

Before that, NOTHING existed.

So watch your emotions before studying military developments taken place in the last 2 years.

It is not PM Modi's fault if 30 years of defence work has to be done by him.

It is YOUR, MINE and EVERY OTHER INDIAN'S FAULT for not giving the nation a good government.

Especially the worker class who has no understanding of how a nation works and still votes lunatics like Mualayam Singh who happened to be once our DEFENCE MINISTER.

Get it?

Chinmoy

Country flag
This Modi guy bought a lot of hope but he is even worst than MMS , incompetent to the core and can only do MONKEYBAT
MODI is nothing but sheep pretended to be a wolf , he has been caught pants down
One simple fact. India did a hot pursuit in Myanmar. It pleased our ego a lot, but after that we got members right here in this forum decrying the fact that why government disclosed this operation. Now you want government and IA to publish White Paper on any anti terror activity or operation taken place in POK?

None of the government in world works in a knee jerk action. For any anti terror operation you need a solid intelligence first. Do you want IB or R&AW to come forward and make public what they are doing?

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
These camps would most probably be empty by now.
They can't as there's considerable infrastructure in these camps built over time. Just abandoning them is not an option.

We need to take them out by intense artillery shelling. PGMs would do the job well as we have the GPS coordinates which now only need to be fed into the computer.

And WHAM!

Civilian casualties near these camps? Sorry, but that's acceptable collateral damage as it's part of their SOP to locate terror camps near villages.

Imaxxx

"Shaktimev Jayate" - Strength Alone Triumphs
Country flag
Remember this....
Screenshot_20160919-081815.jpg
No contingency planning? Did the RM really think his words will just wish away future terrorist threats?

3 things India should've done within hours of the attack:
1) Abrogate the IWT
2) Terminate MFN
3) Full scale retaliation by the BSF

Immediate response strategy should have been ready:
1) & 2) drafts prepared after Pathankot. Immediate release after this attack.

BSF to shell paki positions within 2 hours. No fake shelling like earlier where we fired something like 36k shells (iirc) & didn't hit any paki posts. This time shoot to kill. Our mortar barrage last time without hitting any paki posts had them waving white flags. With targeted firing now their brown salwars will be put to good use.

PS: my first post! Full disclosure- been a lurker for along time:) Compelled to vent after frustrating inaction.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
They can't as there's considerable infrastructure in these camps built over time. Just abandoning them is not an option.

We need to take them out by intense artillery shelling. PGMs would do the job well as we have the GPS coordinates which now only need to be fed into the computer.

And WHAM!

Civilian casualties near these camps? Sorry, but that's acceptable collateral damage as it's part of their SOP to locate terror camps near villages.
Muzzafarabad camps can be targeted from Smerch and it servers dual objectives because it also has a strong military presence.

Other option is to attack Skardu and attack FCNA HQ but the cheapest one is to target all frontline Paki post. We want to see dead Pakis at all cost.

Scarface

You exposed yourself when you said this
"This Modi guy bought a lot of hope but he is even worst than MMS "

I can't believe leftists are so delusional.

I won't be surprised if you are one of those Islamic Communists in CPI(M)

Scarface

Remember this....
View attachment 10393
No contingency planning? Did the RM really think his words will just wish away future terrorist threats?

1) Abrogate the IWT
2) Terminate MFN

BSF to shell paki positions within 2 hours. No fake shelling like earlier where we fired something like 36k shells (iirc) & didn't hit any paki posts. This time shoot to kill. Our mortar barrage last time without hitting any paki posts had them waving white flags. With targeted firing now their brown salwars will be put to good use.

PS: my first post! Full disclosure- been a lurker for along time:) Compelled to vent after frustrating inaction.
Welcome to DFI,great post by the way,that kind of retaliation is possible and should be carried out.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Not gonna believe in all this BullCrap and get my hopes up again. Let the slaughter happen and then I will believe.
SEE BC ?!?!! This is why I don't celebrate too early. I'm sick of these impotents ruling India. Give the reigns of the country to a army personnel like Bakshi sir.

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
was this visit pre planned or ..... heheheh

Imaxxx

"Shaktimev Jayate" - Strength Alone Triumphs
Country flag
Welcome to DFI,great post by the way,that kind of retaliation is possible and should be carried out.
Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! (A 30 char rule forces me say thanksx3 :))

Brood Father

Country flag
You exposed yourself when you said this
"This Modi guy bought a lot of hope but he is even worst than MMS "

I can't believe leftists are so delusional.

I won't be surprised if you are one of those Islamic Communists in CPI(M)
Wow..just becuase exposed the incompetency of 56 inch you started calling me Commie and Islamic

Who asked for votes that if he comes to power to Pakistan ko theek kar denge ?
Who invited the ISI to pathankot evem after knowing the same old tarana by Pakistan ?
Who went to eat biryani in Lahore ?
The policy paralysis wrt Pakistan of this government has now crossed the limits

Just becuase I exposed phony and dubious PM you started calling me names

May be for you this incident is business as usual and attack after attack at our defence installation do not worry you much I can understand that becuase thats the mark of true bhakt who will defend the incompetent PM till the very end

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Remember this....
View attachment 10393

1) Abrogate the IWT
2) Terminate MFN

They have had all the time in the world to be prepared and I am sure there are papers upon papers of such plans. However, we lack the key ingedrient - will.

Scarface

Wow..just becuase exposed the incompetency of 56 inch you started calling me Commie and Islamic

Who asked for votes that if he comes to power to Pakistan ko theek kar denge ?
Who invited the ISI to pathankot evem after knowing the same old tarana by Pakistan ?
Who went to eat biryani in Lahore ?
The policy paralysis wrt Pakistan of this government has now crossed the limits

Just becuase I exposed phony and dubious PM you started calling me names

May be for you this incident is business as usual and attack after attack at our defence installation do not worry you much I can understand that becuase thats the mark of true bhakt who will defend the incompetent PM till the very end
Reading comprehension isssues much ?

I very clearly quoted the statement(read:bald faced lie) which is the reason I believe you to be all that I'm calling you.
I'm personally not satisfied by the government's reaction or lack thereof to this,but the statement you made makes it pretty clear your issue with the NDA government goes beyond this.

Maybe reply to me after reading my post properly and try not to take the moral high ground when you don't have one

Immanuel

Country flag
All the calls for revenge aside, AKAIK there isn't a single incident including the Peshwar Attack that hasn't been repaid in kind. RAW, IA have always dished out statecraft to Pak with a wide set of tools and this has been the case since early 90s. Between what is publically acknowledged by the IA itself and the babus, there has always been plenty of covert ops being conducted across the LOC. IA hardly ever mentions these and often nothing gets beyond the circle of local area commanders and folk from intel. With Porkis having somewhat of a media blackout in POK, they hardly ever acknowledge their losses. This attack only highights the need for stepping up such ops with a clear strategic goal in mind. Most of the time, such raids are purely pig hunting missions to give our boys from SF, Ghataks and regular infantry some experience. I know for a fact that Zarb e Kabz has been far more painful on the Pakis ever since Peshawar.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
After waiting for two days, hoping for some narrative buildup which is different from the past.

Looks like there is no retaliation this time also, only recycling of "Kadi ninda" and "we will choose our time and place of retaliation" like statements.

By now a different kind of narrative for war should have started, no such visibility for now.

Political leadership seems to be thinking that martyrdom of 18 soldiers is not critical mass for such a retaliation even on sworn enemy like Pakistan. I am beginning to think that even a repeat of 26/11 may not be sufficient for our gujju bhai Saab, we might just see recycling of same statement again and again.

Let's get back to discussing our military toys.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
All the calls for revenge aside, AKAIK there isn't a single incident including the Peshwar Attack that hasn't been repaid in kind. RAW, IA have always dished out statecraft to Pak with a wide set of tools and this has been the case since early 90s. Between what is publically acknowledged by the IA itself and the babus, there has always been plenty of covert ops being conducted across the LOC. IA hardly ever mentions these and often nothing gets beyond the circle of local area commanders and folk from intel. With Porkis having somewhat of a media blackout in POK, they hardly ever acknowledge their losses. This attack only highights the need for stepping up such ops with a clear strategic goal in mind. Most of the time, such raids are purely pig hunting missions to give our boys from SF, Ghataks and regular infantry some experience. I know for a fact that Zarb e Kabz has been far more painful on the Pakis ever since Peshawar.
Why exactly are these ops not made public? As in their present form, they don't serve any real purpose apart from as you put it pig hunting.

Pakis obviouly would wish to keep it quite. Why do we?

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Keep an eye on pakistani side as well, hope the new week will bring deadly attacks on their army
Just a day ago, there was a blast at some mosque, total number of dead were 36 or something. Don't know if this is connected.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles