India cannot grow, if states like UP, WB, Bihar lags behind.

SLASH

If UP starts developing all the other states will suffer. UP labour is the engine of the Indian manufacturing industry. My factory in Gujarat has more 70% labour from UP. Locals are too lazy to work. Same story in rest of the country (though I am not sure about south india).

SLASH

UP has a lot of potential, but I find majority of UPiets too Dumb lame but few are Visionaries ....They are short-sighted and do not display any understanding towards Development, Intellect and Pride!! Election of Mulayam Yadav's SP goonda party or BSP solidifies my opinion. On the other hand across the border, Biharis even the illiterate show great sense of Pride in the country and has an urge for development! What a contrast!

P.S: I stand by what I have written about UPites -They are certified Dumb people, the things they discuss and talk, and their understaning of national and local issues will make your brains blow out!
Though a very controversial statement by you even I agree with it. They do act very dumb at times. All they talk about is caste and politics. There are very few visionaries or people with zeal to improve. They are short sighted and are easily persuaded by propaganda. Like one of the workers at my factory once said "UP ki janta to bholli gaay hain. Jhider bolo waaha chale" lol...

I had one worker tell me how Raja Bhaiya was a good person. They like Robin hood type characters.

drkrn

@galaxy

not all fingers of the hand are same.same with our country too..

however i feel language used in article ,its insulting for the states you have named in the article.

Galaxy

Country flag
@galaxy

not all fingers of the hand are same.same with our country too..

however i feel language used in article ,its insulting for the states you have named in the article.
What language ? :rolleyes:

I didn't not said anything wrong or insulting. I just posted an article based on data available. I don't hate any state. I didn't said negative about anyone. My few relatives live in UP. I want all 3 states WB, Bihar, UP to grow upward so that our overall GDP, per capita will improve significantly and we even become super power at least in economic terms. There is nothing wrong in pointing negative things about our society. My only purpose to start this thread was i don't know the solution.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
A decade back, UP was far ahead than Bihar. It was one of the worst state.

Caste system was more rigid than UP, No Industry, High population growth, More illiteracy. Then Naxal, Kidnapping business, violence by various caste and religious based groups like Ranveer sena, Maoist, Shahbuddin. Animosity between various community. Huge flood and drought problem, worst in the country. Maximum poverty, lowest employment, worst healthcare. Illegal migrants problem in eastern districts and above all, worst government.

In short, It was totally hopeless case but today growing at 14%. Obviously, change of Government played very important role.

Now in state like WB and UP. On one side, It's Evil and on another side, it's Devil. Choice is not only difficult but it's just hoping even when there is no hope.

It's not about regional parties but governance. In neighbouring states, Odissa and Bihar, CM are from regional parties only and majority of people actually like them.

Last edited:

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
It's funny to see people here fight over anti-dalit, anti-brahmin issues.Why is there no C.M. in WB from lower community ??Why is there no C.M. from brahmins in UP ?? Such ques show how hypocrites we are."©One side we talk about how to end Caste based politics and another side we fight here on which caste is gonna lead UP/WB to the top.People praise here Gujarat, Bihar but don't understand why these states are thriving.Modi and Nitish both are from OBC. But people support them because they are good, no I would say great leaders.People learned how to ignore religion and caste over development.I'm Patel.I'm from OC.95% Patel's votes gone to B.J.P. only, no matter who's the party leader of oppn, or what Keshubapa says.Same goes for Bihar."©"©Whatever....@topic"©Bihar-> I remember a sentence, "Jab tak Samose me rahega aaloo, Bihar me rahega Laloo." People threw him out and took a wise decision. Bihar will grow for sure."©"©U.P.-> I'm hopeless. 80 seats of L.S. made this state the Kurukshetra for all parties. Not a single party has good leaders.Divide U.P. and let some area thrive which are developing and contributing in today's U.P.'s growth"©"©W.B.-> People understood the lifeless communism and voted for change.But wrong choice I would say.TMC is opportunistic party.Such parties mustn't be voted on the 1st place.Mamta is more leftist than CPI.Don't have details of any other parties' leaders.So can't comment much.Finger crossed for W.B. for 4 1/2 years.

Last edited:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Not true...if the regional parties are clever.

They can simply latch onto the winning horse - NDA or UPA and continue getting funds for their state. Like how DMK has been a part of the Central Govt right from 1999.

In case of national parties ruling the state, that is not possible.
Exactly, they have no grand vision except getting most freebies and indulging in mindless corruption.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
If we get over regional BS, we can figure out easily that the states with access to sea have developed more as compared to states with no access to sea. This is the general trend. The sea side region gets developed early because of easy access for trade.

SPIEZ

Country flag
They should start using power without subsidy and start being productive.

SPIEZ

Country flag
I am sorry, I didn't get what you are trying to say
I thought it was simple, they should start being more productive, UP under Mayawati and Bihar under Nitish Kumar are showing good progress. Hope this would continue

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I thought it was simple, they should start being more productive, UP under Mayawati and Bihar under Nitish Kumar are showing good progress. Hope this would continue
Yes, some decisive steps should be taken to spur growth in these regions

SPIEZ

Country flag
Yes, some decisive steps should be taken to spur growth in these regions
Investments are to be made there, and these states must be made accountable for their actions

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Investments are to be made there, and these states must be made accountable for their actions
What we need is good investment in infrastructure, it is cheap to be located at coastal regions as the time and risk to haul the finished goods from the factories located inside is too much due to bad infrastructure. If the infrastructure is good, something in the lines of DMIC corridor, other regions can get a chance to develop.

SPIEZ

Country flag
What we need is good investment in infrastructure, it is cheap to be located at coastal regions as the time and risk to haul the finished goods from the factories located inside is too much due to bad infrastructure. If the infrastructure is good, something in the lines of DMIC corridor, other regions can get a chance to develop.
There are a lot of other factors that play too. Punjab AFAIK is land locked, but it's still doing well ain't it?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
There are a lot of other factors that play too. Punjab AFAIK is land locked, but it's still doing well ain't it?
Punjab has excellent canal structure, also it did got lot of loan waivers. If we can solve the issue of infrastructure lot of things will start falling in place.

Abir

The population of UP + undivided Bihar + WB = 420 million+ ( 37% of the country)

GDP size for UP + undivided Bihar + WB = around 300 billion (17%)

The GDP of the state of Uttar Pradesh was USD 128 billion last year out of the total GDP of India which was more in the region of USD 1.6 trillion. As such it was just 8% odd of the country's overall GDP. However potentially it can be 15% if not 20% of the overall GDP.

Bihar which was even further behind has moved forward significantly over the last 5-6 years. Still even after so much of the same the percapita GDP of Bihar is still less than 40% of the national average of USD 1500. Bihar grew 14% on average in last few years. However despite all this improvement the per capita GDP of BIHAR is still the lowest in the country. There is still a long way to go and state is on right path.

WB - Population 9% but Industrial and GDP growth is minimal and no steps taken in last 1-2 decades. In fact, When our economic reform started in early 90's, WB had an excellent opportunity to outperform and reach Top 5 states but it failed and today, It's Per capita is 30% lower of the national average. Possible Top 5 to Last 5!

Government of India should start form economic group, so that politics will not play important role and they reach national average.

Today, we are USD 1.6 trillion (not 1.8 because of currency valuation). Having said that, from now onwards....we need every states to perform if we need to reach USD 5 trillion by end of 2020. The states like Gujarat, Mah, South and North India (Delhi, Pun, Har, HP) have their own limitation. They cannot grow 15% every year.
Here's the list of states and their HDI. West Bengal is ahead of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. Granted we should have done a lot better.

Abir

Personally speaking from my experience, I have NO Hope for West Bengal; not because of Mamta or Communists, it's the people who are lethargic and freeloaders (no offence to Hard working Bengalis world over)!! They just don't wanna work hard; however, want everything to be subsidized or free AND talk how great the bengali culture is! Man it makes me laugh, when I compare Bengalis of WB and Bengalis living outside Bengal! Vast Difference in attitude however what is common is sham sense of superiority ,which falls apart after 2-3 drinks! :)

Bihar will improve and is improving! If Biharis, don't bring back Lalloo and Sadhu Yadavs.....Even today, Laloo is strong within Yadav and Muslim dominated areas! Any split in anti-goonda vote and we will see Lalloo/goondas rise to power yet again in Bihar!

UP has a lot of potential, but I find majority of UPiets too Dumb lame but few are Visionaries ....They are short-sighted and do not display any understanding towards Development, Intellect and Pride!! Election of Mulayam Yadav's SP goonda party or BSP solidifies my opinion. On the other hand across the border, Biharis even the illiterate show great sense of Pride in the country and has an urge for development! What a contrast!

P.S: I stand by what I have written about UPites -They are certified Dumb people, the things they discuss and talk, and their understaning of national and local issues will make your brains blow out!
Don't you think you are getting bit ahead of yourself with your new found wealth? Ganges valley has historically been the anchor group in subcontinent, it's just that South and West India didn't have to bear the burden of partition and weren't lucky enough as Punjab who's in full attention of GOI because of Khalistan movement. Let North and East India heel from injury inflicted by partition, they will surely do justice to their potential.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Here's the list of states and their HDI. West Bengal is ahead of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. Granted we should have done a lot better.

[
WB lags behind TN in HDI. Even ur map says so.

http://www.undp.org/content/dam/india/docs/inequality_adjusted_human_development_index_for_indias_state1.pdf

I cant think how TN with better literacy, better urbanization, better industrialization, better access to basic facilities, less hungry can lag behind WB.

Don't you think you are getting bit ahead of yourself with your new found wealth? Ganges valley has historically been the anchor group in subcontinent, it's just that South and West India didn't have to bear the burden of partition and weren't lucky enough as Punjab who's in full attention of GOI because of Khalistan movement. Let North and East India heel from injury inflicted by partition, they will surely do justice to their potential.
Partition has nothing to do with the economic lagging of states like WB. 32 years of communist rule is to be blamed. Actually the current dispensation is not any good either. Bengal is stuck between the devil and deep sea and will continue to stagnate.

And Punjab is not where it is because of the Khalistan movement. But because of their adoption of the Green revolution and their hardwork.

Last edited:

Abir

Bitch how much you want but none of their symbolic protests changed the situation the ground it is the likes of Ambedhkar,Periyar and Phule who changed the society ,By the way why do no individuals from the lower castes of Bengal ever became its chief minister?It really is
suprising despite Bengal being the bastion of free thoug and liberality
With due respect to the persons you mentioned, they had whatsoever no effect on our society. We had our own stalwarts like Sri Chatyana Dev, Lalon Fakir, Raja Rammohan Roy, Ramkrisha Paramhangsa, Vivekananda, Tagore family to name a few. No dalit chief minister in West Bengal is non sequitur since we are not a caste based society anymore. There is no caste or religion based politics in West Bengal, if any person of so called Dalit caste is capable enough, he/she will be elected as CM for sure.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles