In Pakistan, 'Basant' festival and kite flying dubbed un-Islamic

gokussj9

Country flag
In Pakistan, 'Basant' festival and kite flying dubbed un-Islamic - Indian Express

Pakistani authorities have dropped a plan to revive the 'Basant' festival and kite-flying in the central province of Punjab in the wake of a warning issued by Jamaat-ud-Dawah, which has described the event as 'un-Islamic'.

The interim government of Punjab headed by caretaker Chief Minister Najam Sethi surrendered to detractors of the festival and dropped the proposal to revive Basant.

Sethi, a journalist by profession, had recently spoken about his desire to revive Basant, which he had described as an intrinsic part of Lahori culture.(what the f*** is that)

During a high-level meeting held in Lahore on Monday, officials were warned by police about the possible negative fallout from the revival of Basant, which marks the onset of spring.

Police officials warned the government of possible protests and a fallout of a warning issued by the JuD, a source said. After the meeting, senior officials recommended Sethi to drop any plans to mark the festival, to which the CM acted.

After taking over as chief minister, Sethi had directed government departments, including the City District Government of Lahore, to devise a viable plan for Basant.

Senior government and CDGL officials initiated an extensive exercise and held discussions with stakeholders about reviving Basant.

The City District Government framed an action plan and recommended that festivities, including kite flying, could be held at Safari Park on Raiwind Road and Jallo Park along Canal Road on April 14 and 15.

The City District Government had discussed measures to revive Basant in December too. Even at that time, police officials said they could not guarantee that there would not be casualties during the event.

Criticising the decision to drop the plan to revive Basant, Lahore Conservation Society secretary Ajaz Anwar said the government should have revived the event for the sake of the people as there was no harm in celebrating the festival in its original form.

Basant was last observed in Lahore and other parts of Punjab, the country's most populous province, in March 2009 when the region was under Governor's Rule.

Former chief minister Shahbaz Sharif, whose government recently completed its five-year term, was opposed to reviving the cultural event because of deaths and injuries caused by the twine used to fly kites.

However, many analysts say the PML-N government banned Basant and cracked down on people making and selling kites due to pressure from hardline religious and extremist groups like the JuD, which claimed the festival had "Hindu origins" and was "un-Islamic".
:salute: This is not enough. Pakhana-land should become more and more green. They should even give up the land since it used to be inhabited by Hindu/Buddhist/Sikh much before Islam came. :laugh:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
In Pakistan, 'Basant' festival and kite flying dubbed un-Islamic - Indian Express

:salute: This is not enough. Pakhana-land should become more and more green. They should even give up the land since it used to be inhabited by Hindu/Buddhist/Sikh much before Islam came. :laugh:
As I said earlier Pakis claim they share no heritage at all with India(Hindoooos) so based on that they should vacate the whole Indus Valley(todays Pakistan) and migrate to their adopted ancestors land ie Saud Arabia

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned
As I said earlier Pakis claim they share no heritage at all with India(Hindoooos) so based on that they should vacate the whole Indus Valley(todays Pakistan) and migrate to their adopted ancestors land ie Saud Arabia
Tarek Fatah claims that Pakistan tried to have Arabic as its national language after Partition. A laughable proposal to say the least.

dhananjay1

If by 'unislamic' they mean something not found in Kuran, then a whole lot of things are unislamic. Speaking Urdu, Sindhi, Punjabi, English, flying kites, singing Bollywood or Pakistani songs, dancing to these songs, eating chicken tikka, driving car, using computers, celebrating birthday of their pathetic 'founder of the country', celebrating 14th August, using flush toilet, wearing shirt and pants, playing cricket................................

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Tarek Fatah claims that Pakistan tried to have Arabic as its national language after Partition. A laughable proposal to say the least.
I believe Pakistani constitution has some reverence for Arabic.

A few people were killed every year during basant l, and this was a bogus reason to ban a cultural festival by the Islamic sharifs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

DivineHeretic

Country flag
Seesh, I never knew that a kite was this big a threat to the survival of Islam. Or maybe the taliban and their frendlies are worried about drones masking as kites.
Damn such height of insecurity.

But then again, the people who allow themselves to listen to Mullahs and their twisted sense of Islam probably had it coming.
As for their supporters, beware, the Internet is next in line.

Blackwater

I believe Pakistani constitution has some reverence for Arabic.

A few people were killed every year during basant l, and this was a bogus reason to ban a cultural festival by the Islamic sharifs

I have paki barber in Holland, he is lahoriya. I asked him why basant banned in Ancient punjab?

he said 2 reason

1) Excessive use of AK-47(Aasala) firing in air.

2) Poisoning of doora (thread) that kills person when ever in contact during (I-Boo) or (Kai -Poo- Che)

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
They should had officially declared arabic as the national language

Urdu is a good language but the only reason i dont like urdu is for its spoken similarity with hindus..The urdu is the main reason indian name is still taken in Pakistan

better late than never

We this generation of pakistan under Imran khan should develop a new language with zero similarities with both urdu and hindi and sanskrit
so to delete the slightly remaining similar culture between to two countries forever.and this also will ultimately lead to end of any kind of relation with india

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

Urdu is a good language but the only reason i dont like urdu is for its spoken similarity with hindus..The urdu is the main reason indian name is still taken in Pakistan

better late than never

We this generation of pakistan under Imran khan should develop a new language with zero similarities with both urdu and hindi and sanskrit
so to delete the slightly remaining similar culture between to two countries forever.and this also will ultimately lead to end of any kind of relation with india

Blackwater

better late than never

If u hate those things which are hindus ,you then why Pakistanis like other things which are hindus

1) sari
2) bollywood
3) dancing
4) mehendi
5) Hindu blood/DNA
6) Singing
7) IPL

Kya yeah khula tazaad nahi:p:p:p:lol:

Blackwater

better late than never

As Sanskrit is mother of all language, without Sanskrit u have to import language from MARS.

A new paki language will be like this

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

better late than never

You should consider Esparanto.

You also might find the Esparanto Flag inspiring:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
If u hate those things which are hindus ,you then why Pakistanis like other things which are hindus

1) sari
2) bollywood
3) dancing
4) mehendi
5) Hindu blood/DNA
6) Singing
7) IPL

Kya yeah khula tazaad nahi:p:p:p:lol:
ooops since i cant edit my post..i didnt meant hindus but hindi(language)

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I was right. Pakistani culture doesnt derive from the land or the region. Its based on Islam.
Why cant Pakistanis leave Indian lands and settle elsewhere ? We will pay them a Trillion dollars to leave

Global Defence

New threads

Articles