In 1990, China had 465 megatons of thermonuclear weapons

bose

Country flag
@rockey 71 India has enough fissile material to build 2000 nukes ... India's policy is different than Pakistan's ... India does not want to sit with large number of nukes thus spending huge amount of money and energy on them... rather maintain a optimum level enough for Pakistan ...

If need be India will quickly build the nukes...

The nuclear accord with Americans & French has helped India the most... It has freed the Indian locally sourced Uranium for weapons ...

http://www.firstpost.com/world/indi...nuclear-warheads-claims-pakistan-2428224.html

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Before nuking others why don't you correct your English?
My mistakes weren't intentional.
Making such mistakes during typing long posts. I know I wrote Sweden as swedend and started word "country" with small letter after full stop.
I would be interested to know about other mistakes if I made.
And these mistakes are so small not even worth complaining.
So, you must always quote me if you have any answer. :biggrin2:

rockey 71

@rockey 71 India has enough fissile material to build 2000 nukes ... India's policy is different than Pakistan's ... India does not want to sit with large number of nukes thus spending huge amount of money and energy on them... rather maintain a optimum level enough for Pakistan ...

If need be India will quickly build the nukes...

The nuclear accord with Americans & French has helped India the most... It has freed the Indian locally sourced Uranium for weapons ...

http://www.firstpost.com/world/indi...nuclear-warheads-claims-pakistan-2428224.html

Because India's nuclear program wasn't indigenous it has not progressed much in decades. Her position in this field is at the bottom after N Korea.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
That's the funniest joke which made my day. :D
Because India's nuclear program wasn't indigenous it has not progressed much in decades. Her position in this field is at the bottom after N Korea.
If Indian program wasn't indigenous, how did India built FBRs, advanced particle accelerators, quantum labs and world's first Thorium Reactor (working on second fusion reactor as well.)
And what about pakis if not NoKos? Are they ahead of us? :D
They have 10 more bombs (tactical)
India has 10 less bombs(strategic) but of much higher yield and 7 times fissile material.

it has not progressed much in decades.
Not much? o_O
If you know, we are equal to P5 Nations in all licensed aspects.
Just missed to test weapons because we will be sanctioned.
Every report suggests our thermonuclear capability given advancements in civilian sector.
Make sure that this is not tested on you guys. :D
We have learnt from P-II and kill probability is higher this time. :taunt:

I don't know what made you say that India is bottom only about NK. So, I want to know by which logic you're saying.
Nuclear propulsion (submarines, ships, space etc.)
Innovation(For civilian, science and medical sector)
Or delivery system (missile technology).
Or PowerPower( Yield of weapon, not tested but approved).
Tell me.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
If Indian program wasn't indigenous, how did India built FBRs, advanced particle accelerators, quantum labs and world's first Thorium Reactor (working on second fusion reactor as well.)
India has 10 less bombs(strategic) but of much higher yield and 7 times fissile material.
They are 30 years behind us in FBR technology. Their program and reactors are just shit so as their nuclear weapon. They do not know what is FBR. As one american think tank had pointed out , Indian Nuclear program is most diverse. We have application of nuclear technology in all area. Most important of all is the technology developed by BARC to get tritium out of water by special crystal technology. we have gathered 250 KG of that and just 4 gms are sufficient for one bomb.

Country flag
With all these nukes why does China still get bullied by USA and smaller neighbors? Either a bluff by China or people don't believe any of these facts.

Martian

Respected Member
With all these nukes why does China still get bullied by USA and smaller neighbors? Either a bluff by China or people don't believe any of these facts.
Two reasons.

1. The US is China's most important trade partner. In my opinion, this is the greatest leverage by the United States. China will not go to war against its largest customer if there is a choice. Thus, the US will have to back China into a corner and fire first.

2. China is not about to sacrifice hundreds of cities. China is not about to wage thermonuclear war against the United States. The cost is too high.

In conclusion, China has been building thermonuclear warheads for 50 years as a counterstrike. It is never meant to be used as a First Strike. China is a country governed by logic. It is insanity to start a thermonuclear war.
----------

The United States is very careful with Russia. When the Russian government threatens to use thermonuclear weapons, I think most people believe the Russians.

The Chinese government doesn't bother to threaten the use of thermonuclear weapons. They already know that no one would believe them. Issuing an empty threat is counter-productive and damages a country's credibility. China is a nation of traders, not militarists.

Last edited:

rockey 71

I stay by w
That's the funniest joke which made my day. :D

Not much? o_O
If you know, we are equal to P5 Nations in all licensed aspects.
Just missed to test weapons because we will be sanctioned.
Every report suggests our thermonuclear capability given advancements in civilian sector.
Make sure that this is not tested on you guys. :D
We have learnt from P-II and kill probability is higher this time. :taunt:

I don't know what made you say that India is bottom only about NK. So, I want to know by which logic you're saying.
Nuclear propulsion (submarines, ships, space etc.)
Innovation(For civilian, science and medical sector)
Or delivery system (missile technology).
Or PowerPower( Yield of weapon, not tested but approved).
Tell me.
1.I stand by what I have stated, although these things are never exposed by nations. We have only to rely on own analysis.
2. It is known Indian defense industry has till date not been able to make an indigenous rifle! The one you are taking off is Belgian.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I stay by w

1.I stand by what I have stated, although these things are never exposed by nations. We have only to rely on own analysis.
It's not our own. It's from UNO and some of best agencies around world who detect only watchable.
So, these countries can have only more than it's seeming, not less.

And who knows BD may also be hiding nukes somewhere?
:party:
2. It is known Indian defense industry has till date not been able to make an indigenous rifle! The one you are taking off is Belgian.
There's a limit of telling lie. :doh:
Vidhvansak
INSAS
Kalantak
MINSAS
MCIWS
Ghatak
Nirbheek
Nidar
Zittara
And many more.
But I'm a human and not Google search engine who'll bring you list.

And why only rifles?
Tanks, Submarines, Helis, Rockets, SATs, Lasers, Chemical weapons, bio weapons (not about bio weapons though), nukes, thermo nukes, FBRs, corvettes, Frigates, Destroyers, IFVs, ABMs, BMs, SRBMs, MRBMs, IRBMs, ICBMs, LRCMs, ASMs, AAMs, SAMs,Laser Guided bombs, CLGMs, fighters, artillery systems (from towed to"highly" mobile), carriers.

And many more things are produced by Indian Defense Industry which any bdiot can't imagine in dreams.

Your can't make yourself railway locomotives or even MOPED engines but you are daring to lie about Indian system.
Shamelessness and ignorance has a limit man. :facepalm:

Dude, you are seeming too much deluded by western and commies. Please, confirm facts before saying anything. :facepalm2:
We Indians aren't idiot to compare ourselves with someone without logic.

And don't drag us into your South Asia league.
Our interest is much beyond it. :rolleyes:
You maybe happy being being South Asians not us.

Just like,
Somebody may say,
"Banglades!,, this country is from South Asia"
Meanwhile
"South Asia, India is located in this region".
And better would be that word "Indian Subcontinent" become more famous.
Hope you understood. :p

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
You know nothing and bladder nonsense here !!

rockey 71

It's not our own. It's from UNO and some of best agencies around world who detect only watchable.
So, these countries can have only more than it's seeming, not less.

And who knows BD may also be hiding nukes somewhere?
:party:

There's a limit of telling lie. :doh:
Vidhvansak
INSAS
Kalantak
MINSAS
MCIWS
Ghatak
Nirbheek
Nidar
Zittara
And many more.
But I'm a human and not Google search engine who'll bring you list.

And why only rifles?
Tanks, Submarines, Helis, Rockets, SATs, Lasers, Chemical weapons, bio weapons (not about bio weapons though), nukes, thermo nukes, FBRs, corvettes, Frigates, Destroyers, IFVs, ABMs, BMs, SRBMs, MRBMs, IRBMs, ICBMs, LRCMs, ASMs, AAMs, SAMs,Laser Guided bombs, CLGMs, fighters, artillery systems (from towed to"highly" mobile), carriers.

And many more things are produced by Indian Defense Industry which any bdiot can't imagine in dreams.

Your can't make yourself railway locomotives or even MOPED engines but you are daring to lie about Indian system.
Shamelessness and ignorance has a limit man. :facepalm:

Dude, you are seeming too much deluded by western and commies. Please, confirm facts before saying anything. :facepalm2:
We Indians aren't idiot to compare ourselves with someone without logic.

And don't drag us into your South Asia league.
Our interest is much beyond it. :rolleyes:
You maybe happy being being South Asians not us.

Just like,
Somebody may say,
"Banglades!,, this country is from South Asia"
Meanwhile
"South Asia, India is located in this region".
And better would be that word "Indian Subcontinent" become more famous.
Hope you understood. :p

Obviously you don't know the meaning of the word, "indigenous".

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Obviously you don't know the meaning of the word, "indigenous".
Tell this to your friend Chinese. They barely design anything at home.
:biggrin2:
Indigenous means originated from own country. From design to manufacturing.
Obviously, you do believe that Indian Weapons aren't indigenous.
This is a newly generated rant because some guys with inferiority complex are unable to digest India's success (without any base).
Can you provide sources then, where copied it from?
Moreover, we have made some of world's first things also. Will you call them copied from aliens? :alien:
Because admitting them we can make them is obvious backstab on your blame.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Martian

Respected Member
@Martian

Look,

I was talking about K 4 yesterday and it is tested with almost Zero CEP today.

This is the difference between your Junk technology with 500 M CEP and our missile bang on target

..http://idrw.org . Read more at India's No 1 Defence News Website and not at Copycat Websites , We lead others follow us. http://idrw.org/take-that-mr-obama-...rom-nuclear-ins-arihant-submarine/#more-91763 .
You realize that it is impossible for India to achieve a low CEP without foreign technology, right?

There are three requirements for a low CEP.

1. Short flight distance. A longer flight distance magnifies the error.

2. Low speed. A Chinese SLBM (the equivalent of an ICBM) moves at Mach 23.
An Indian SLBM (the equivalent of an MRBM) moves at only Mach 10.

3. GPS. Inertial guidance is too imprecise for a low CEP.

On point #3, India does not have its own GPS. Thus, I find it funny that you're bragging about India using another country's GPS. Furthermore, the Indian test is not like a Chinese test. China's JL-2 SLBM traveled thousands of miles at Mach 23. Your tiny little Indian SLBM traveled much slower and at a much shorter distance.

You can't compare apples to oranges. China is in a completely different league than India.

For example, the Chinese JL-2 SLBM has twice the range of the Indian K-4. It is silly to compare the accuracy of an MRBM to an ICBM-class SLBM.
----------

I read your K-4 citation, it said:

"It covered more than 700 km before zeroing on the target with high accuracy reaching close to zero circular error probability (CEP),” informed the source."

700km x (6 miles / 10 kilometers) = 420 miles

The Chinese JL-2 SLBM tests are about 2,000 miles.

An SRBM range is about 300 miles. The Indian K-4 flew just a little further than an SRBM. In contrast, the Chinese JL-2 SLBM was tested for thousands of miles.

It's like comparing a bush league baseball player to a Major League Baseball player. They are very different things.

I should mention that India imports Ring Laser Gyro navigation technology from the United States: http://www.wisconsinproject.org/countries/india/india-missile-shopping.html

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Low speed. A Chinese SLBM (the equivalent of an ICBM) moves at Mach 23.
An Indian SLBM (the equivalent of an MRBM) moves at only Mach 10.
BS

You do not have any understanding of K4 sort of missile and purely basaltic missile. Our Agni 5 travels at Mach 24 in its terminal phase much faster than anything china have.

K4 never lives atmosphere and travel in depressed trajectory. Chinese Boost glide vehicle is mounter on ballistic missile and boost glide vehicle released at mach 10. By the time it reaches target, the speed slow down to mach 5. On other hand K4 travels at very depressed trajectory and still hits target at mach 8.5.

All our ballistic missile have low CEP in range on 40 m against 500 meter of your JL 2.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On point #3, India does not have its own GPS. Thus, I find it funny that you're bragging about India using another country's GPS. Furthermore, the Indian test is not like a Chinese test. China's JL-2 SLBM traveled thousands of miles at Mach 23. Your tiny little Indian SLBM traveled much slower and at a much shorter distance.

You can't compare apples to oranges. China is in a completely different league than India.

For example, the Chinese JL-2 SLBM has twice the range of the Indian K-4. It is silly to compare the accuracy of an MRBM to an ICBM-class SLBM.
Again A BS. Chaina has used US GPS for years and who know they may be using it today also as junk chinese GPS is not that accurate. India has started using our own INRSS for guidence a long ago.

Yes Jl 2 has twice the range but with what payload??

According to US report it is 7500 Km with 700 Kg Load.

K4 has 3500 to 4000 KM range with 2.0+ ton payload. Now look at the range Vs Payload graph here.

Now check K4's range with 700 KG payload. It is more than JL2. Jl2 is a bulky missile and K4 just weighs 17 tons.

I read your K-4 citation, it said:

"It covered more than 700 km before zeroing on the target with high accuracy reaching close to zero circular error probability (CEP),” informed the source."

700km x (6 miles / 10 kilometers) = 420 miles

The Chinese JL-2 SLBM tests are about 2,000 miles.
One more BS.

Its range is 4000 KM but all tests are not carried out at full range. This was a low range test. Full range test was carried out on 7th of March.

Your argument is a piece of BS.
An SRBM range is about 300 miles. The Indian K-4 flew just a little further than an SRBM. In contrast, the Chinese JL-2 SLBM was tested for thousands of miles.

It's like comparing a bush league baseball player to a Major League Baseball player. They are very different things.
So 4000 Km is just above 300 miles (According to your post)?
From which school have you studied?

K4 is also tested for thousands of miles (Yes, convert 4000 KM into miles).

JL 2 has a CEP of 500 m and it is a useless missile for any role except nuclear. Even nuclear bomb will also be useless against highly reinforced target unless too big bomb is used.

Whereas, we can hit any strategic target with bloody 2.5 ton of heavy fuel air explosive to evaporate it into dust. Accuracy of our missle give us a flexibility to operate in nuclear and non nuclear role.

From K4 to Brahmos and agni are design to deliver payload with a great accuracy. Only one shot on strategic target is enough to wipe it out. You just can not do that with your missiles.

And so far as GPS is concern, we do not rely on satellite guidence but our missiles have multiple redundancy and guidence systems which complements each other to achieve a high degree of accuracy.

Martian

Respected Member
BS

You do not have any understanding of K4 sort of missile and purely basaltic missile. Our Agni 5 travels at Mach 24 in its terminal phase much faster than anything china have.

K4 never lives atmosphere and travel in depressed trajectory. Chinese Boost glide vehicle is mounter on ballistic missile and boost glide vehicle released at mach 10. By the time it reaches target, the speed slow down to mach 5. On other hand K4 travels at very depressed trajectory and still hits target at mach 8.5.

All our ballistic missile have low CEP in range on 40 m against 500 meter of your JL 2.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Again A BS. Chaina has used US GPS for years and who know they may be using it today also as junk chinese GPS is not that accurate. India has started using our own INRSS for guidence a long ago.

Yes Jl 2 has twice the range but with what payload??

According to US report it is 7500 Km with 700 Kg Load.

K4 has 3500 to 4000 KM range with 2.0+ ton payload. Now look at the range Vs Payload graph here.

Now check K4's range with 700 KG payload. It is more than JL2. Jl2 is a bulky missile and K4 just weighs 17 tons.

One more BS.

Its range is 4000 KM but all tests are not carried out at full range. This was a low range test. Full range test was carried out on 7th of March.

Your argument is a piece of BS.

So 4000 Km is just above 300 miles (According to your post)?
From which school have you studied?

K4 is also tested for thousands of miles (Yes, convert 4000 KM into miles).

JL 2 has a CEP of 500 m and it is a useless missile for any role except nuclear. Even nuclear bomb will also be useless against highly reinforced target unless too big bomb is used.

Whereas, we can hit any strategic target with bloody 2.5 ton of heavy fuel air explosive to evaporate it into dust. Accuracy of our missle give us a flexibility to operate in nuclear and non nuclear role.

From K4 to Brahmos and agni are design to deliver payload with a great accuracy. Only one shot on strategic target is enough to wipe it out. You just can not do that with your missiles.

And so far as GPS is concern, we do not rely on satellite guidence but our missiles have multiple redundancy and guidence systems which complements each other to achieve a high degree of accuracy.
The K-4 is a small missile. It is only 12 meters long.

The Agni V is 17.5 meters long and much wider.

China's JL-2 SLBM has a longer range than the Agni V.

Since it is unreasonable to compare the tiny K-4 to the Agni V. It is equally inappropriate to compare the short-range K-4 to the long-range Chinese JL-2 SLBM.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
The K-4 is a small missile. It is only 12 meters long.

The Agni V is 17.5 meters long and much wider.

China's JL-2 SLBM has a longer range than the Agni V.

Since it is unreasonable to compare the tiny K-4 to the Agni V. It is equally inappropriate to compare the short-range K-4 to the long-range Chinese JL-2 SLBM.
It is relevenat to compare both missile as both are SLBM and designed to deliver warhead on enemy.

The fact of the matter is that k4 is such an accurate missile that none of the chinese missile can match it. It is designed to deliver a huge conventional and non conventional payload on enemy target with pin point accuracy. It is very light and we can accommodate many missile in our Arihant class submarine. Aridaman will have 12 of such missile along with 20 K15.

You can not carry so many missiles together in one submarine as they weighs two and half time of K4. If we decide to reduce the payload weight to increase the range, it can easily match JL 2 in range inspite of just 40% weight. K4 is an awesome missile and china is unlikely to have such missile in any foreseeable future.

Martian

Respected Member
It is relevenat to compare both missile as both are SLBM and designed to deliver warhead on enemy.

The fact of the matter is that k4 is such an accurate missile that none of the chinese missile can match it. It is designed to deliver a huge conventional and non conventional payload on enemy target with pin point accuracy. It is very light and we can accommodate many missile in our Arihant class submarine. Aridaman will have 12 of such missile along with 20 K15.

You can not carry so many missiles together in one submarine as they weighs two and half time of K4. If we decide to reduce the payload weight to increase the range, it can easily match JL 2 in range inspite of just 40% weight. K4 is an awesome missile and china is unlikely to have such missile in any foreseeable future.
K-4 is just unsubstantiated claims.

How close did it hit? No hard data.

What were the conditions? When a Chinese SLBM travels thousands of miles, the Earth rotates beneath the Chinese SLBM. When an Indian K-4 flies a short 420 miles, the Earth barely rotates. I'll say it again. You can't compare apples to oranges. No one compares an SRBM-class K-4 to a Chinese ICBM-class JL-2.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
K-4 is just unsubstantiated claims.

How close did it hit? No hard data.

What were the conditions? When a Chinese SLBM travels thousands of miles, the Earth rotates beneath the Chinese SLBM. When an Indian K-4 flies a short 420 miles, the Earth barely rotates. I'll say it again. You can't compare apples to oranges. No one compares an SRBM-class K-4 to a Chinese ICBM-class JL-2.
If i can provide you a source of Agni V hitting target within 2 digit accuracy at 5000 Km + range than is it OK?

As i stated the last test of K 4 was at 700 KM and one carried out on 7th March was at full range. So do not repeatedly argue that K4 travels just 420 miles. It was a short range test. Are all JL 2 tested at their Full range?

We have a practice of testing of our missile at different range with different trajectory with different payload. And this is the only correct method of testing the missile and in war scenario, you do not know for what range the missile is required to be fired.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles