Imported Single Engine Fighter Jet Contest

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
We need to change promotion and pay rules for armed forces - and add some model code of conduct - incentives for promting indegeneous arms - discouraging foreign weaponry and lobbying
MoD defines everything, not officers. Also, the presstitutes are twisting the words and sometimes outright lying.

Reactions: Kay

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
What is your urgency? What is maturity according to you? Why can't you wait? Is aircraft the only thing in war? Don't we have anything else to compensate it for the time being?

Are you part of the foreign lobby? How much are you being paid?
1.The geo political situation demands urgency.

2.Maturity will be having a system comparable to what other countries have in that particular field.

3.I can wait.Will our enemies wait?

4.What in your opinion will compensate for not having fighter jets?

5.Anyone not agreeing with your views is part of a foreign lobby?

6.I come from a very well off family and myself is a practising doctor.So i am not in need of money.May be for you everything can be bought with money, but i am not for sale.

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
Look we already make warships, aircraft carriers, helicopters, fighter jets, assault rifle, artillery,tanks almost everything.

What the problem is-armed forces don't give enough orders, once these wolves are identified and kicked out or we are embargoed from purchasing arms, the armed forces would be left with no option other than to accept and buy indigenous weapons in numbers.

HAL says it can produce 24 lca every year,if they are supported by private sector and they give away their lethargic attitude these numbers can grow upto 40 jets a year given air force places orders of 300+ jets.

OFB Avadi is capable of producing 140 tanks per year,again supported by armed forces and private sector we can produce 200+ tanks every year.
Will 200 Tejas be as capable as 200 F16?

We have two options, either buy capable and technologically superior weapon systems in limited number. Or go the chinese way a produce 1000s of weapon systems which may not match up technologically with the ROW but make up for it by sheer numbers.

The DRDO must bid for the FRCV like other companies will bid.It should produce a tank with comparable weight and armour protection as the other bidders.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha

2.Maturity will be having a system comparable to what other countries have in that particular field.

6.I come from a very well off family and myself is a practising doctor.So i am not in need of money.May be for you everything can be bought with money, but i am not for sale.
Be specific about your geopolitics. As far as I see, we have missiles, SAMs, BMD, navy, large army with advanced helicopter, Pinaka, ATGM etc to have sufficient firepower.

Enemy won't wait but enemy is not all powerful. India is capable of fighting back well with all other items. Single engine jeta can wait. India doesn't survive at the mercy of someone. India survives because it is big and powerful. What is needed is offensive ability, not defensive. Import is only stop gap measure and not permanent one. It is sold out people like you who voted congress and made defence sector backwards due to foreign agencies controlling congress.

There is no need for any imports or stop gap measures. Current technology is enough for defence and in the future as technology improves, offence.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha

We have two options, either buy capable and technologically superior weapon systems in limited number. Or go the chinese way a produce 1000s of weapon systems which may not match up technologically with the ROW but make up for it by sheer numbers.

The DRDO must bid for the FRCV like other companies will bid.It should produce a tank with comparable weight and armour protection as the other bidders.
Tejas is as good as F16 except for range and payload. We can import off the shelf AESA radar to make it potent. In 5 years, Indian AESA will be ready. Maybe even GaN will be ready by 2024 (no country has GaN radar on planes now. USA uses it in patriot radar as of now and yet to be miniaturised). Along with this, MK2 will come out which will complete Tejas and make it as good as F16. Some time and funding is all we need. No need to waste budget on F16 when the same money can be used in funding MK2.

Tejas MK2 can be better than F16 in stealth and hence dogfight. Though, in range and payload, F16 is better due to larger size. But, the larger size also means it is more expensive. It is like comparing Ford Fiesta against Toyota Innova. Innova can carry more people but costs more too. Similarly, Tejas can be manufactured in larger quantities due to its smaller size which makes it cheap and easier to assemble. When Tejas already is a capable fighter, 2 Tejas will mean F16 is toast. Also, F16 is about 135 million dollar while Tejas is 30-40 million dollars. It may reduce if mass manufactured.

Next, DRDO doesn't manufacture. It is a research unit. It only develops technology. So, bidding is out of the question. DRDO designs no weapons but weapon systems. How you use the system is upto you.

FRCV doesn't ask for buying tanks but buying design. Simply put, army wants foreign country to help in designing the tank as they want to know what an army want. DRDO also doesn't know what army wants. Indian army is inexperienced in tank combat and doesn't even know what kind of tank is useful. This is the problem - lack of understanding of requirements.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Tejas is design by IAF via ADA and not the other way around, Give you own research into this and least give a look at previous posts for sake of quality discussions..

You are talking about same questions which are already answered ..

Trouble is with Fighter Jets.Tejas isnt ready and the siruation we are in we cant wait for it to mature.We have to have the numbers.So while Tejas matures we will have to buy foreign fighters.Do we have another option?.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Do you know the meaning of capabilities? Making 1lakh tejas is capability, not running with 100 rafale.

Another big mouth words. :blah:
According to you, no one is capable in the world.:confused1:

Don't underestimate india. With the population as large, even if 0.01% are excellent, we will still have 1.4 lakh talented people
Nobody underestimated India but here you have your own overestimated dreams.

I expect you to be one of 0.1% otherwise it will be sad.

Anyways, we already knew that even best have scope for improvements. So why there is too much rant over the issues and responding to the mud slinging articles and topics..

Bhoot Pishach

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
https://m.timesofindia.com/india/iaf-southern-command-chief-flies-tejas/articleshow/61645362.cms

IAF Southern Command chief flies Tejas

BENGALURU: Just days after reports on the IAF giving a thumbs down to advanced versions of Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, Southern Command chief Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria, on Tuesday flew a 30-minutes solo mission on the indigenous fighter aircraft.

Bhadauria flying the aircraft, a ministry of defence (MoD) statement read: "Gave a fresh impetus to the induction and operationalization of the indigenous fighter jet."

"No 45 Squadron, "The Flying Daggers", the first squadron to be equipped with Tejas LCA in July last year, played hosts to the Air Marshal, an accomplished fighter pilot, who is also an experimental test pilot," the statement read.

Bhadauria, who has more than 4,000 hours of flying experience has over 100 sorties of test flights on the Tejas aircraft.

"Ever since he took over the reins of Southern Air Command, Bhadauria has been pushing both, the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) as designer and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited(HAL) as manufacturer of Tejas, for early operationalisation of this fleet," the statement added.

The Flying Daggers squadron, which is expected to move to its permanent location at Sulur, near Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu next year, is presently involved in training of air and ground crew, formulation of procedures and realization of the operational potential of the aircraft.

With the induction of an additional assembly line, HAL is all set to ramp-up the production rate in order to make good the promised delivery schedules, while designers at ADA are working on completing all activities pending towards the Final Operational Clearance, which will give the Tejas more teeth and fire power.

"Design activities on the improved version, Tejas Mk IA, are already underway. The heads of design and production agencies appreciated the flights by Air Mshl Bhadauria, which are seen as major gesture by the IAF to appreciate the efforts by the design and production agencies, as well as an affirmation of the continued support to this indigenous initiative," the MoD statement added.

"Apart from the much appreciated participation in the Republic Day Flypast in January this year and the Air Force Day Flypasts for the last two years, the squadron has also undertaken detachments at operational bases to test the weapon capability of his agile fighter aircraft," the statement read.

Last edited:

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Another big mouth words. :blah:
According to you, no one is capable in the world.:confused1:

Nobody underestimated India but here you have your own overestimated dreams.

I expect you to be one of 0.1% otherwise it will be sad.

Anyways, we already knew that even best have scope for improvements. So why there is too much rant over the issues and responding to the mud slinging articles and topics..
Ok, I should stop responding to such people. But, nevertheless, indigenous manufacturing means you can make lot more than few thousand.

I am not overestimating anything. A man can only grow till he is 18-20. He will stop growing after that. Same way, everything has a maturity date when it saturates. Same applies with technology. Same applies to F16 or Tejas.

I will stop responding to fools.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Ok, I should stop responding to such people. But, nevertheless, indigenous manufacturing means you can make lot more than few thousand.

I am not overestimating anything. A man can only grow till he is 18-20. He will stop growing after that. Same way, everything has a maturity date when it saturates. Same applies with technology. Same applies to F16 or Tejas.

I will stop responding to fools.
Production of anything more than the demand is always a bad idea and there is no need to produce 1lc of LCAs. Hence, it will nothing more than a stupidity to increase the production capacity to reach that level.
As of now, I can assure you that LCA is not going anywhere and you'll see them in healthy numbers. Every thing present in open media is nothing more than a paid campaign and soon the dust will settle down. But right now, the only thing is despiratly needed is FOC and regular induction of LCAs.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Production of anything more than the demand is always a bad idea and there is no need to produce 1lc of LCAs. Hence, it will nothing more than a stupidity to increase the production capacity to reach that level.
As of now, I can assure you that LCA is not going anywhere and you'll see them in healthy numbers. Every thing present in open media is nothing more than a paid campaign and soon the dust will settle down. But right now, the only thing is despiratly needed is FOC and regular induction of LCAs.
Sometimes AmoghaVarsha gets on my nerves. Had to silence him by exaggerated loud mouth statements.

By the way, demand can increase as time change. Don't always assume that things will go the way you want.

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
Sometimes AmoghaVarsha gets on my nerves. Had to silence him by exaggerated loud mouth statements.

By the way, demand can increase as time change. Don't always assume that things will go the way you want.
O bhai you are no one to silence me.I do not care what you think of my views.

I have a certain view point and i will say it.

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
Tejas is design by IAF via ADA and not the other way around, Give you own research into this and least give a look at previous posts for sake of quality discussions..

You are talking about same questions which are already answered ..
It was a rhetorical question to a rhetorical post.

I still believe India needs to do a fine balancing act when it comes to acquiring weapon systems that we need more time to indigeniously produce at the required quality.The point isnt capability its time.

I agree we will never be ready for a war, no one is.No one ever acquires the perfect scenario but we atleast can try.

Kay

Country flag
Instead of buying F-16 from US we can buy more apaches, chinnok, c130 j hercules and v22 osprey as well as avenger drones. This way we can balance indigenous weapons as well as foreign weapons.
The aim is not balancing..we have to buy weaponry out of necessity when there is no equivalent indegeneous alternative.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
The aim is not balancing..we have to buy weaponry out of necessity when there is no equivalent indegeneous alternative.
There would have been no necessity if there was no political scuttling of indigenous research. The necessity was also created artificially

Global Defence

New threads

Articles