IIMs' tryst with Chinese: Mandarin emerges as popular course at IIMs

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
Re: IIMs' tryst with Chinese: Mandarin emerges as popular course at II

I've no knowledge enough on this topic, But may be Japanese language can be better wrt to Indians, if there is good development in relations with Japan. @hello_10 please post your thoughts about this. Considering that Chinese are not reliable unless the border issue is resolved or even after that as you don't know when they again start claiming something else when they feel secure enough.
you have to deal with two things, "one about the border conflicts and the second one about the geo-political issues...." you do need to put China on the front to deal the geo-political issues against the West........

Im running a thread on this issue in detail as below, have a good read on it and come with your thoughts :thumb:

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...iends-indias-strategic-defense-relations.html

Last edited by a moderator:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

=>

The World's Most Widely Spoken Languages

The Summer Institute for Linguistics (SIL) Ethnologue Survey (1999) lists the following as the top languages by population:
(number of native speakers in parentheses)

Chinese* (937,132,000) :china: Spanish (332,000,000) English (322,000,000) Bengali (189,000,000) Hindi (182,000,000) Arabic* (174,950,000) Portuguese (170,000,000) Russian (170,000,000) Japanese (125,000,000)
German (98,000,000) French* (79,572,000)

Most Widely Spoken Languages

the above given figure are very inaccurate from the follwing point of view :
(a) as most hindi speakers will agree with me, and i have seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears almost on a daily basis people from bangladesh, nepal, india and pakistan whether they officially spoke hindi, urdu, bangla or indeed nepalese , are able to converse with one another without any difficulty or need of interpretation

- in practical reality the spoken versions of those 4 languages are "traversable" , interchangeable and so to break them into hindi urdu etc is yet another downstream version of divide and rule - which, i might add i do not accept

second point is :-

why learn the language of a nation that doesnt wanna play a fair game with us ? a nation that utilises to the full all opportunities to practice short-changing in almost all our dealings with them ? - just for the sake of the dollar ?

i believe sincere friends are worth more than the dollar and we can find such friends in many other countries with a few exceptions , and one of the exceptions would certainly be ccp-prc

we should be learning, japanese , vietnamese, russian , spanish portuguese italian and other euro languages eg french german - we already have many of our emigrants based there, and so economic opportunities abound there too - so why go hat in hand to ccp's-prc - isnt there any sense of self worthiness ?

Last edited:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

the above given figure are very inaccurate from the follwing point of view :
(a) as most hindi speakers will agree with me, and i have seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears almost on a daily basis people from bangladesh, nepal, india and pakistan whether they officially spoke hindi, urdu, bangla or indeed nepalese , are able to converse with one another without any difficulty or need of interpretation

- in practical reality the spoken versions of those 4 languages are "traversable" , interchangeable and so to break them into hindi urdu etc is yet another downstream version of divide and rule - which, i might add i do not accept

second point is :-

why learn the language of a nation that doesnt wanna play a fair game with us ? a nation that utilises to the full all opportunities to practice short-changing in almost all our dealings with them ? - just for the sake of the dollar ?

i believe sincere friends are worth more than the dollar and we can find such friends in many other countries with a few exceptions , and one of the exceptions would certainly be ccp-prc

we should be learning, japanese , vietnamese, russian , spanish portuguese italian and other euro languages eg french german - we already have many of our emigrants based there, and so economic opportunities abound there too - so why go hat in hand to ccp's-prc - isnt there any sense of self worthiness ?

it had the data's till 1999, but we may send an complain to this US's high school....... this is the level of education they have got now :tsk:

we have one more analysis on it as below. its more clear as the number below gives the "Second Language Speakers" too, which may help us estimate the 'maximum' number of people who may have little command on English. as we do understand that English here would have advantage due to being in demand by the current Western Firms, who mainly look for fluency in in English before employment :thumb:

Most Common Languages (Including second language speakers)

Total Chinese: 1, 343, 755 000 :china:

Hindi: 487, 000 000

English: 508, 000 000

Spanish: 417, 000 000

Bengali/Bangla: 211 000 000

Portuguese: 191 000 000

Russian: 277 000 000 :thumb:

Most spoken Languages of the World - Nations Online Project

cloud

Country flag

you have to deal with two things, "one about the border conflicts and the second one about the geo-political issues...." you do need to put China on the front to deal the geo-political issues against the West........

Im running a thread on this issue in detail as below, have a good read on it and come with your thoughts :thumb:

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...iends-indias-strategic-defense-relations.html

Well I have read that thread earlier, But don't think there is anything much for India, since India can't control it, its all upto Russia(i.e. putting china in front of west), and even if we have to, then put them like a Goat not making them bear which sooner or later will comeback to byte us. For Russia it might be a good thing, but not for India. Well keeping all this border issue and no progress in mind, would it still make a better choice to promote Chinese as a third or fourth lang?

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

Well I have read that thread earlier, But don't think there is anything much for India, since India can't control it, its all upto Russia(i.e. putting china in front of west), and even if we have to, then put them like a Goat not making them bear which sooner or later will comeback to byte us. For Russia it might be a good thing, but not for India. Well keeping all this border issue and no progress in mind, would it still make a better choice to promote Chinese as a third or fourth lang?

Rise of China Provides Enormous Benefits to Developing Countries :china:

Economic Aspect

First i would like to discuss the economic aspects of Rise of China..... i remember, there was a time in early 90s when India used to pay very high price for those 'used' Western machines which China sells for very low price now, check, as they could do this but you couldn't yet, to the extent China has done so. there was an Act of US, i forgot the name, which was for the purpose to apply on all those countries which may do research on the US's/West's technologies, the technologies which US got by using Indian High Qualified professionals itself........ similarly many other High Tech Products which China sells for very low price, so now US/West simply don't care of those techs which has been properly spread in world at a very low price by China. so now its available for the rest of the world also to do research on those High Tech Products now.....

I mean, "more the China goes forward on the areas of High Tech Products, more advance technologies they will produce and sell/export for a very low price, better it will be for the rest of the Newly Industrialized nations like India, Brazil, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Mexico etc too as they will then have 'easy' availability of those techs" :truestory:

Military Aspects

but I understand your concerns with China but we have to deal with 'Grey Areas' where the things are mixed up. one day I compare India with China with the wonders they have. out of the seven wonders of the world, Indian wonder is Taj Mahal which was made by an Indian king with his love with his wife, using talent of Indian born people, of course. and the China has 'Wall of China' which is sign of their defense preparation :laugh:. the difference between two wonders of two biggest neighbors of Asian, one Taj Mahal sign of Love and one Wall of China, sign of best defense preparation :china:

but I tell you one more comparison between India and China with rest of the world as below:

List of regions by past GDP (PPP) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

here you can see, Indian GDP was the highest till 16th century and was on the top in the list by 18th century also with around 27.5% share of world's GDP. here you find, China always shared top two position with India and made India on the second position in 17th century also, please check the table. and by the 19th and 20th centuries, both of these two big boys came to the bottom and now again going up. and take my words, China will always share with India on the top two positions of the biggest economies of the world, or, both of these two countries will come down together making Western Champions on top, similar to British Raj in 19th and 20th centuries

we are aware of every threat from China but dont you think Russia hasn't fought wars with China in past????? but Russia is Champion in Power Politics, the knowledge of power which Indians lacks by a big margin. in threat of China, you won't surrender your sovereignty to those Western Leaders who are worried to maintain life style of their under high school passed population 'anyhow'. just answer, "why did US/West included China in list of NPT's 5 recognized nuclear powers who may make as many nukes as they want but they always forced India to sign NPT, with having enslaved Japan/Korea type big neighbors of China?" they have kept China in Asia with a big power who may threaten enough to its great neighbors like India, Japan, Korea etc and then US/West may force them all to sign NPT. similarly how they have Veto Powers in UN to control every activities of UN, having enslaved UN this way. and then they want rest of the world to follow this UN, the so called World Government :rofl:

I made one more post in the thread as below, it also says something. have a read on it too :ranger:

Rise of China and US, with India factor

I have voted the 3rd option, "The United States in its backyard", considering the facts that, if Indian Military is capable enough to defend itself from China, then more China rises, more US will go down which will benefit the whole world this way :thumb:

=> with the fact that more powerful the Chinese Military, more Military build up will be done in India itself, and the time China will have brought US to its feet/ shoes, US will suddenly find India also a similar powerful country, close to China itself :truestory:

my theory is based on the facts that, "only external threats unite the nation."

"only a powerful neighbor help us prepare a powerful military."

"only war threats/ or direct wars prepare Army Personals, otherwise they may lose their war effectiveness."

"Rise of a Neighbor Country, militarily/economically, will finally result in similar developments in India too, this way."

(like how historians clearly say that even if Indian Economy was 9 times bigger that British till the 18th century, bigger than Whole European Economy itself, but so rich CHina/India lost to West as West had better arms, more wars they used to fight, better they were in fighting from back etc.....

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/china/2716-rise-china-strategic-implications-36.html

Last edited:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

sir, does any of what you wrote negate the efficacy of my initial point that we indians are talented in being able to learn any (almost ) language ? ....the obvious answer is that it does not

so your initial statement that "its not about learning a language " is simply incongruent isn't it .

one more post I made in the thread as below, which also says something. have a read on it also :ranger:

Whether Married or Singles, both cry
US is that big shiit for India that India can't either ignore it nor even accept to be a Western ally too :toilet:. being a friend with US means for being a friend of a society of the world, which does have a social structure and enough influence on the world due to its strong links with Europe too, the majority of US who have European identity..... and hence it again comes with a serious shiits associated with the Identity Difference, cultural clashes etc. and hence a threat to come on the condition to get recognized as either an enemy of that society, similar to Muslims, or become part of their all the rights and wrongs they ever did in past, or, they want to continue doing in future too due to their religious/racial feeling etc., which is mainly intended to maintain inflow of money from developing countries in either way:facepalm:

I think India would try to become a good friend of US+West only. similar to a friend in need, a friend indeed, with a condition to leave the table whenever it face any problem due to its friendship with US/West. :wave:
friendship doesn't mean that India would start participating with US in their wars, neither India would become part of their efforts to fix their conflicts with Middle East/Muslims etc. and also there must not be any reason, why India would become an arm or Christianity against Islam, nor there be any condition imposed on India that it has to get involved with the failures of Western society too, to help them maintain prosperity in either way :toilet:. there would always be an opportunity to leave the table, whenever its required, with a promise to help US/West too in tough circumstances , as a responsible society of world....:india:

but things aren't as easy as I said as above. US/West simply believes in power excessive to get their work done/get prosperity in either way, and hence there can't be any proper talks between these two societies of the world until Indian Society comes in the position to defend itself from US first :facepalm: :thumb:

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...dia-potential-us-ally-rival-2.html#post649714

Last edited:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

India opens border to Chinese tourists :truestory:
Jun 22, 2013

The world is catering to the need of Chinese tourists. Tourism from China is regarded the fastest chance to generate enormous new business.

Keen to ease travel facilities for Chinese nationals, India's Tourism Ministry has proposed Visa-on- Arrival provision for them as it senses huge potential for exchanges in this sector. :china:

China is among 30 countries for which the Tourism Ministry wants Visa-on-Arrival facility, a proposal if endorsed, will raise to 41 the number of countries that will have such a facility.

"We have proposed Visa-on-Arrival (VoA) facility for 30 countries including Germany, France, Korea, Russia and China," Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi told PTI in an interview.

Referring to China, he said there is "very good potential" as far as tourism is concerned. :thumb:

The proposal has to be cleared by Home Ministry, he said. Under the VoA facility, a traveller can go straight to the intended country and get visa at the airport itself.

Asked whether the VoA facility would be on reciprocal basis, the actor-turned-minister said, "We want reciprocal as well, but that is the next step. First, we want to welcome them."

Currently, India has extended VoA facilities to 11 countries including Singapore, Japan, New Zealand, Vietnam and Philippines. :thumb:

Chiranjeevi said easing of visa regime would help boost foreign tourist arrivals. The aim is to ensure that India has at least one per cent share in international tourist arrivals, he said. India's share in world tourist arrivals, at present, is about 0.64 per cent.

Tourism had led to earnings to the tune of Rs 94,487 crore as foreign exchange last fiscal as the sector witnessed growth of 4.3 per cent last year with 65,77,745 foreigners visiting India against 63,09,222 tourists the previous year.

India Visa on arrival for China India opens border to Chinese tourists - eTurboNews.com

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

double post

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

How China Will Save You

Within the last 20 years, China has grown more than any economy in the world. In the U.S. that growth meant the dismantling of many manufacturing jobs, and a higher trade deficit. That is changing. In the next 10 years, China will likely be buying more from the U.S. than Mexico, which is currently our No. 2 trading partner after Canada.

Chinese demand will help lower the trade deficit in the United States, though not erase it.

Chinese demand will create new jobs.

"There's a lot of demand coming from China and companies are looking east," says Wes Aubihl, assistant deputy chief of export assistance at the Ohio Development Services Agency in Columbus. "It doesn't matter if you're a big company or a small company. Ohio firms want to go after those 1.4 billion people."

And they are. Last year, Ohio exported a record breaking $3.6 billion in goods to China compared to $3.3 billion in 2011 and $3.01 billion in 2010. A decade ago, those numbers were $800 million. :china:

"For every $180,000 in export sales, Ohio creates one new job," Aubihl told me. :ranger:

New companies have sprouted up to serve China. Bomoda in New York is a website that caters to Chinese people looking for U.S. and European fashion trends. Christine Lu's Affinity China is only a few years old. China's new rich keep her running from Los Angeles to New York to Shanghai.

China's economy is around 32% consumer spending. It is more than half of the U.S. "If you could get them to spend more and save a little less, the U.S. would benefit," says Michael Silverstein, senior partner of Boston Consulting Group in Chicago. "I think we are seeing those benefits occurring in places around the country right now. Chinese consumers don't want a flip-top cell phone, they want a smart phone. Apple in Cupertino is very happy with that."

Between now and the next 10 years, the discretionary income of China's urban middle class will go from a combined $1.18 trillion to a whopping $3 trillion, according to a study released last week by the China-United States Exchange Foundation. :thumb:

This rising consumer is going to lift many American boats, as Aubihl points out from Columbus. China's growth is no longer a problem for the U.S. It is an opportunity. In the case of smartphones for example, the penetration has soared from zero in 2007 to 50% in 2012. There is also continued opportunities in urban infrastructure. Only 50% of the population live in cities compared to 75% in Brazil, and an 83% urbanized population in the United States.

"We are still in the very early stages of this development," says Joohee An, a portfolio manager at Mirae Asset in Hong Kong. "We're not in the middle. We're definitely not near the end," she says.

China is the No. 1 investor in infrastructure. Companies that have the expertise in building subways, waste-water treatment systems and construction machinery have an opportunity to help China set the course for its next wave in urbanization.

China will strengthen the U.S. economy.

Assuming no change in tariff rules and no strengthening of the Chinese currency, the U.S.-China trade deficit will be around $686 billion even as U.S. exports in goods in services rise from $124 billion to $612 billion. But there is a more likely scenario. The renminbi is appreciating annually by around 3%. In that case, the deficit will be $455 billion. As manufacturing moves out of China, the U.S. trade deficit will improve by an estimated $232 billion, the China-United States Exchange Foundation says.

Of course, no relationship is perfect.

China intellectual property theft is estimated to be around $48 billion. The Foundation estimated that a million jobs would have been created if not for piracy and intellectual property infringement by the Chinese alone.

It's not a rose garden. But the Chinese middle class is growing. They want American brands. They like American companies. In many cases, in growing numbers around the country, companies are hiring because business is booming in China.

President Barack Obama will meet with China president Xi Jinping on June 7-8 in California to discuss bilateral trade. The economic relationship between these two countries will become more important not only for Washington, but increasingly to a developer in Silicon Valley, a soy farmer in Iowa, and an employee at a machine shop in Ohio.

How China Will Save You - Forbes

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

China hits back at US over 'woeful' rights record
April 21, 2013

Beijing: China on Sunday accused the United States of human rights violations through its military operations abroad and failing to prevent its own citizens from gun violence, in a rejoinder to a US rights report.

The report, released by China's parliament, the State Council, said Washington has "turned a blind eye to its own woeful human rights situation", despite styling itself as "the world judge of human rights".

China -- which officially includes rising living standards in its definition of human rights -- released the report in response to a US report published Friday that said China's rights record has worsened over the past year.

The US report highlighted a Chinese crackdown on ethnic minorities, including Tibetans, the detention of political dissidents, as well as the widespread surveillance of citizens by a huge domestic security apparatus.

China responded by blasting US surveillance of its own citizens, and said that political donations have damaged the country's democracy.

China's report, culled from a variety of sources, including US media, accused US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan of causing "massive civilian casualties".

The report also cited "astonishing" casualties that resulted from mass shootings at a movie theatre in the state of Colorado in July and at an elementary school in Connecticut in December.

"Americans are the most heavily armed people in the world per capita," the report said. It added that the US had "serious" issues with discrimination of a sexual, racial and religious nature. :coffee:

The exchange of critical reports between the two nations on human rights has become an annual tradition, while relations between the world's two largest economies remain strained over issues including cyber-hacking and North Korea.

A copy of the report was published by China's official news agency Xinhua.

China hits back at US over `woeful` rights record

=> U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people | Reuters

About 11,100 Americans died in gun-related killings in 2011, according to preliminary data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. There were 19,766 suicides by firearms in 2011, the CDC said.

Thousands march against gun violence in Washington | Reuters

(means around 30,000+ scores in US by guns only in 2011 :usa:.)
The recent Maoist violence in Bastar, which left 28 people dead, is no aberration. The Global Peace Index (GPI) 2013, which was released on Tuesday, has ranked India among the 25 least peaceful nations to live in. The country was placed 141 among 162 nations, having lost more than two lives a day — or a staggering 799 persons — to internal conflicts in 2012.

India among world’s most violent places: Study - Times Of India

Rape per 100,000 population
United States 28.6 :usa:

United Kingdom 23.2 :uk:

India 21,397/125,00 (100,000)= 1.7 :india:

(considering indian population at 1250,000,000)

Rape Statistics | Statistic Brain

Last edited:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

Russia's Multipolar World Vs US's World Government

Efforts to establish a "BALANCE" in world

Further to the above discussion, today i was making a clear difference between my side with Russia, against the US's World Government, which wants to rule the world, but it doesn't share the "Equal Voting Rights" with those rest of the world including Indians, on whom the leaders of those 310million US's civilians want to 'Rule'......

the government of US, backed by EU, want to form that World Government which doesn't have "equal" voting rights with Indians in their parliamentary election, but they want to have every interference in India, to serve those US's civilians who have their leaders like Mr B.Obama......

and at the same time we have Russia on the other side, which favor Multi-Polar World, and support India and China both. we find Indian members making noise when Russia is going to sell its best Su35 aircraft to China, while the same type of noise we hear from Chinese members also when Russia not only sell its best arms to India, but it also comes with full technology transfer to India.........

and its all about dealing with two sides of politics of world. one about the US's World Government, which doesn't share "equal" voting rights in their general election by rest of the world like India, while the Russia on other side which favor 'equal' rights for Every Government on the world platform......

and one day i also reminded that, even if China and Vietnam have conflicts on oil search, then its not because Chinese communists are trying for their own pockets while Indians are trying for the democratic people of whole world. but whether China or Vietnam+India, both of these groups are trying to secure best stake in that area for good of their own people, who elected their leaders in these 3 countries to secure common interests of the people belonging to their countries.........

here, i also remember my one talk with few senior Russians in Sydney, when one senior once said that, "we would learn Chinese language, Mandarin, now." and i asked with surprise, "Chinese language?" and he said, "yes Chinese." and it again gave me a straight meaning from my Chinese friends from Malaysia+Singapore, that, "English is sign of our colonization..."

and yes, neither English is home language of India nor US Dollar is Indian currency, but if we may have Yuan as a world currency and Mandarin as a world language for the next 20 years, say, then it will definitely help of maintain a "BALANCE" in this world, which is quite important :thumb:

Last edited:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

double post

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

with the above facts discussed in this thread, China has successfully emerged as the front of developing countries of whole world, and we need them to defend the developing world on many issues, mainly on Green House/ Carbon Emission, as discussed in my thread as below too :china:

=> http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...erce-developing-countries-climate-change.html

India, China team up with developing nations at climate talks
Oct 23, 2012

NEW DELHI: In what could change the contours of climate change negotiations, India and China have successfully brought together a disparate group of developing countries to take on the EU and its new-found friends — small and least developed countries.

Its an odd set — Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Egypt, Thailand, Malaysia, Argentina and about three dozen other developing countries — but they have been stitched into a new climate alliance by India and China to help define the new global climate regime.

In a just concluded meeting of the new formation called the 'Like Minded Developing Countries on Climate Change' in Beijing, the group came out with a strong statement backing India's demand for integrating equity and the principle of common but differentiated responsibility into any new regime.

The group came together at the Durban climate meet in 2011, when emerging economies found the least developed countries and the association of small island countries more closely allied with the EU. India's initiative at Durban ensured that the EU did not get away with an outright decision to have a new global deal that India and China believed would have broken the existing climate convention's rules.

While the countries were not represented as a formal group at the talks, they continued to coordinate through negotiations in 2012 with the Beijing meeting, just before the annual climate change negotiations begin, culminating in a statement that is bound to gain attention from other nations.

Though the BASIC formation of four countries - India, China, South Africa and Brazil — along with the G77 group remains intact, the like-minded countries' group has already stirred feverish buzz at the climate talks.

After the decision at Durban by all countries to negotiate a new deal for post-2020 global climate regime, the year saw strong attempts to push a higher level of commitment from developing countries to reduce emissions in the run-up to 2020, delinking it from financial and technological flows from the rich countries.

The developing countries fought back to ensure that all future decisions, whether for the pre-2020 period or post-2020 era, are taken under the existing convention's principles which maintain the firewall between rich and poor countries.

While EU's alliance of small island states and least developed countries was seen in favour of the latter set, which would not have to undertake mitigation action considering their small economies, several developing countries expressed reservations against moving only on the issue of emissions reduction while stalling negotiations on the associated finance and technology transfer issues.

With the India and China-backed like-minded group reiterating these concerns, the upcoming meeting at Qatar is bound to see new battle-lines been drawn.

India, China team up with developing nations at climate talks - Times Of India
=> Western nations 'used bullying tactics' at climate talks | Environment | The Observer :toilet:

Last edited:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

India needs to learn from Chinese model"

The problem with immature Indians here, if they want to go against fanatic Islam then they find themselves with Western group. and if they want to resist western aggression, then they find themselves moving towards the Islamic Jihadi groups who fight with christian religious Western dominance. while your main ground would be to resist both of that side and put your stand clearly. and on my side, I always keep space for any credible change in society etc also, which may benefit the society as a whole, but first it would prove itself worth/good for the common people, the society.........

few days before I was talking that Indian rulers/diplomats gotto learn from Chinese model. you always have to understand that US/West always trying to give you disadvantage on the different businesses, hiding the facts/truth, and trying to cheat the nation, India. even if IT companies have export orders from west, they pay very high tax and deliver the best projects at a very less cost? India, in fact, suffer Trade Deficit with US+EU. you gotto think to the level that, "no business was ever done to benefit other side and if you down yourself on any issue then it simply means that you want to benefit the other side." India just need to stick with the norms of WTO and keep kicking US/West, who want to first give losses to India on different businesses and at the same time they want to involve india in their different wars, which they have mainly organized to solve their 1000s Christian religious issues with Islam. first India won't become an arm of Christianity against Islam and at the same time Indian diplomacy gotto be well prepared to handle those western champions, mainly British and British origins of US/Australia/Canada, who always want some space to give losses to India, on the business side, political side and also doing wrong publicity about India, about indian society as whole.......

if india sell products to US then India buy from them also and in fact India suffer trade deficit from US+EU? and no business was done to benefit other side and if western firms recruit high qualified professionals then they do this after a long process of selection and then they pick only their people of interest, who may develop new techs for them, and improve the existing technologies also. as, why would they bring people from overseas while their own unemployment rate is very high? and in fact, whenever US's president and UK's PM visit India, they mainly beg for jobs in India? and if they want high skilled migration then its in very limited number and to select the best people they may find from India or an indian origin from a foreign institute based in US/West itself? India needs to stick with norms of WTO/UN and keep kicking those enemies who just want to destroy your country..........

Indians gotto learn to handle to different sides in different ways. if you talk to a pakistani national then present every aspect in front of him and if you then get to face a US's national then you then have to talk in a different way, considering that side of politics. with always taking care that a western citizen will only serve his nation, whether he/she is an Indian origin or not. an Indian American will only defend his nation and you have to defend your own country you are based in, the India. as, every good and bad of India is concerned with Indian nationals only, regardless what an American Indian say here to defend US/UK/Australia/Canada. if infrastructure of India is good, it will benefit/ improve life of its people based here. if Indian companies pay high taxes/ employ more and generate technologies then Indian government will use that tax money in India to benefit the people based in India, not the NRIs?????

in short, India needs to learn from Chinese model and get very high growth like China, like how China achieved the highest growth during last 30 years on its geo-political stand, much higher than India :china:

see how this pig beg in India in behalf of his voters :tsk: :uk:

David Cameron delivers address at Infosys Bangalore: Full Text
July 28, 2010

The Tata Group is now the largest manufacturing employer in Britain. And more than 180 Indian companies have invested in our IT sector.

Indian companies employ 90,000 people in the UK. Many more jobs in Britain exist thanks to the activities of British companies in India.:thunks: Now I want to see thousands more jobs created in Britain :ranger:, and of course in India through trade in the months and years ahead. That is the core purpose of my visit :toilet:

David Cameron delivers address at Infosys Bangalore: Full Text | NDTV.com

and why India has so much worries on the CAD side, check this news as below too :tsk:

India's exports to European countries increased by about 16 per cent to USD 57.7 billion in 2011-12, while imports rose by about 29 per cent year-on-year to USD 91.5 billion.

Exports to Europe up 16%; imports 29%

Last edited:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

You see every time we discuss development, how everything points out that everything that is wrong with this country is because this government. Of course the Chinese model is not applicable, a section of their society never truly understands what freedom is, they are just happy the way they are. Brainwashed to free state owned labor. but still they as nation have pulled off a feat.
That is basically, the policy enforcers are the GoI so each and every shortfalls end of there. They as a communist country yet they thrive to live and make their ends meet and are grateful for their government which gives them enough opportunities for each and every citizen of them. :truestory:

I said, India needs to 'learn' from the Chinese Model, you don't have to copy it. :nono:

and there is enough China has done, in terms of the highest growth rate during last 30 years+ to improve life of its people, defended its country successfully from US/West, high level of industrialization and development of infrastructure etc. there is enough to learn from them???? and my last post was just an effort to put few key points altogether :thumb:

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

I said, India needs to 'learn' from the Chinese Model, you don't have to copy it. :nono:

and there is enough China has done, in terms of the highest growth rate during last 30 years+ to improve life of its people, defended its country successfully from US/West, high level of industrialization and development of infrastructure etc. there is enough to learn from them???? and my last post was just an effort to put few key points altogether :thumb:
The problem is we have the most inept form of governance: British parliamentary democracy.

The entire system has endless parties, discussions, corruption and nepotism and all those who even want to work for the country, are caught up in red tape and stamped out.

Compared to that, a US presidential style of democracy is much more suitable with India, where the head of the state is powerful enough to make decisions and at the same time accountable enough to ensure a good balance.

China's biggest advantage lies in its lightning fast decision making and even faster implementation.

Here, it remains in the parliament for 4.5 years and then in the 5th year, it is passed. The new government if changed, will take another 4 years to implement it. Just then, a massive fraud would be uncovered and then media and social rights activists would jump in, and the cycle continues.

Here people don't like to comply and work compared to the other countries. In China, hard work is respected. Here hard work is laughed at. Maybe in private sectors it is respected to some levels but nowhere close to eastern Asia where it is a way of life.

Technically, every Indian knows what is required to emerge as a world power; but no one will work for it and no one will raise its awareness to the youth.

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

China for better understanding, widening of ties with India

China on Tuesday strongly pitched for better understanding and widening of ties with India, asserting that it was not only important for these two countries but also for the region. :china: :india:

There is a need for greater interaction between people from all walks of life, especially journalists for better understanding of how the government and systems function in respective countries, Cai Mingzhao, Chinese Minister of the State Council Information Office, said during a visit to PTI headquarters in New Delhi. :thumb:

The minister, who was accompanied by Chinese Ambassador to India Wei Wei and other senior officials of his ministry and embassy, talked to senior PTI editors on several media- related issues, including enhanced cooperation between Chinese official news agency Xinhua and the Indian news agency. :truestory:

The minister, who inaugurated the first India-China media forum along with External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Monday, also said that India and China's relationship has great potential for growth which should be utilised through enhanced interactions. :truestory:

He also advocated the dependence on "authentic" sources while reporting big events happening in China instead of depending on western media, which may have difference in their perception while doing the reportage of incidents there.

During the Forum meeting on Monday, he had also proposed that the media forum become an institutionalised platform for regular exchanges between the media persons of the two sides and should be held alternatively in India and China.

China for better understanding, widening of ties with India - The Hindu

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

double post

wolfpackx1

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

not only mandarin but i believe indian student are well capable of learning many other languages eg japanese, russian , spanish, titalian - the list goes on

no harm for those who feel they have knack for learning mandarin just as no harm and a positive step also to learn any other european language or Japanese
Exactly, Most people learn new languages if they have interest, i for one found european languages a bit easier due to some words resembling sanskrit and Indian languages. While Mandarin has no alphabet system and its all about characters around 50,000 of them and its hard to remember that many characters.:shocked: You can speak in Mandarin if you have some practice, but writing is a whole different game.

wolfpackx1

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

India opens border to Chinese tourists :truestory:
Jun 22, 2013

The world is catering to the need of Chinese tourists. Tourism from China is regarded the fastest chance to generate enormous new business.

Keen to ease travel facilities for Chinese nationals, India's Tourism Ministry has proposed Visa-on- Arrival provision for them as it senses huge potential for exchanges in this sector. :china:

China is among 30 countries for which the Tourism Ministry wants Visa-on-Arrival facility, a proposal if endorsed, will raise to 41 the number of countries that will have such a facility.

"We have proposed Visa-on-Arrival (VoA) facility for 30 countries including Germany, France, Korea, Russia and China," Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi told PTI in an interview.

Referring to China, he said there is "very good potential" as far as tourism is concerned. :thumb:

The proposal has to be cleared by Home Ministry, he said. Under the VoA facility, a traveller can go straight to the intended country and get visa at the airport itself.

Asked whether the VoA facility would be on reciprocal basis, the actor-turned-minister said, "We want reciprocal as well, but that is the next step. First, we want to welcome them."

Currently, India has extended VoA facilities to 11 countries including Singapore, Japan, New Zealand, Vietnam and Philippines. :thumb:

Chiranjeevi said easing of visa regime would help boost foreign tourist arrivals. The aim is to ensure that India has at least one per cent share in international tourist arrivals, he said. India's share in world tourist arrivals, at present, is about 0.64 per cent.

Tourism had led to earnings to the tune of Rs 94,487 crore as foreign exchange last fiscal as the sector witnessed growth of 4.3 per cent last year with 65,77,745 foreigners visiting India against 63,09,222 tourists the previous year.

India Visa on arrival for China India opens border to Chinese tourists - eTurboNews.com
I for one want VOA but we have to be careful not to overreach to show ourselves as tourist friendly,
we saw how david coleman headley did recon for the Pakistani terrorists in 26/11 Mumbai, there has to be background checks not blindly giving visa on arrival.The enemy will simply recruit a person of such countries who have VOA and use them in terror, what happens then?
I believe the present visa rules are good unless we have strong internal security and rules Patriot act.We cant deal with some clever enemies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles