IAF Chooses Apache AH-64E Attack Helicopter

blue marlin

me pharsi boli ha ??? did i tel u in pharsi language, i told u the same thing u mentioned. mine reply was sarcastic
i did not get what you were saying. and the first sentence i don't know what that is . is it offensive?. im from the uk i am not indian, or Pakistani i am 100% english. i am on many forums. and i am asked this a lot.

Blackwater

i did not get what you were saying. and the first sentence i don't know what that is . is it offensive?. im from the uk i am not indian, or Pakistani i am 100% english. i am on many forums. and i am asked this a lot.
Mate I endorsed wat u said . Nothing different in my reply . This is wat I meant

The enlightened

there there baby dont you cry. does the truth hurt? well good.
Your flags cannot hide your intellectual myopia. Only Pakis can be stupid enough to think that their opinion gains in weight using flags of other countries. You might want to try again, LOOSERRRR

blue marlin

Your flags cannot hide your intellectual myopia. Only Pakis can be stupid enough to think that their opinion gains in weight using flags of other countries. You might want to try again, LOOSERRRR
there is some thing wrong with you . your were first to be aggressive with me and i responded. and if i responded in the way that makes you seem im Pakistani. if you give respect you get it back. smile.:biggrin2:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
India seeks time extension on $3.1bn US copter deal

India has asked the United States for another month’s extension of the agreed price window in a $3.1-billion deal to buy 22 attack and 15 heavy-lift helicopters.

India’s move comes after a US warning on revision of costs after the 12th extension expires on August 31. The much-needed acquisition has been hanging since September 2013, with files shuttling between the defence and finance ministries.

India seeks to purchase 22 Apache helicopters with option of purchasing 11 more for about $2 billion; the Chinook deal is for 15 helicopters with the option of buying six more for $1.1 billion.

US Ambassador to India Richard Verma and Major General James McDonald of the US Army Security Assistance Command separately wrote to the defence ministry this month, making it clear that it would not be possible to give yet another price extension beyond the stipulated date.

Last Friday, however, Air Vice Marshal Sandeep Singh, Assistant Chief of Air Staff wrote to General McDonald requesting 30 more days of time, and saying that the entire acquisition process was on the verge of being finalised. The US, and Boeing, the manufacturer of both helicopter types, were earlier told that the process would be completed by December 2014.

While the US response is still awaited, defence minister Manohar Parrikar is goading his bureaucracy to move the acquisition to Cabinet Committee of Security (CCS) next week.

“In case the US decides to revise the price after August 31, 2015, then the entire acquisition will have to be renegotiated. The Army decision to acquire M 777 light howitzers and air force decision to acquire additional C-17 heavy lift aircraft, both from US, went into limbo as the defence ministry could not take a final decision in time and the manufacturers were forced to revise the prices,” said a South Block official.

The IAF has three 1980s vintage Mi-26 heavy-lift copters and Mi-17 attack helicopters of similar vintage.

Despite the fact that India urgently requires Apache attack helicopters armed with Hellfire missiles as well as the twin-rotor Chinook for rapid troop deployment, the acquisition process has dragged on for six years. The bids for Apache and Chinook were submitted in 2009 and were opened by the previous UPA regime in 2012.

While Apache was the only one that met the specifications in the attack helicopter category, Chinook was selected as the lowest in terms of life cycle cost and initial price. The final contracts were negotiated in September 2013 and renegotiated again in November 2014 due to death of a defence ministry official in October 2013. The Defence Acquisition Council cleared the acquisition in August 2014.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...on-3-1bn-us-copter-deal/article1-1384648.aspx

India22

With HAL LCH why do we need Apache? It can fire Guided missiles which was main problem with Mi 35. Now it is no longer. Indian Armed Forces obsession with foreign products is really irritating.

republic_roi97

Country flag
With HAL LCH why do we need Apache? It can fire Guided missiles which was main problem with Mi 35. Now it is no longer. Indian Armed Forces obsession with foreign products is really irritating.
Because apache cannot attack on siachen level altitudes. LCH is unique in that and a lot more agile.

India22

Because Apache is a heavy combat fighter.
Different categories.
Well frankly I see LCH to be heavier in arms. It can carry 4 250 Kg bombs. If we add laser guidance and already mounted Helina LCH will be Apache's superior rival. LCH has greater range.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Well frankly I see LCH to be heavier in arms. It can carry 4 250 Kg bombs. If we add laser guidance and already mounted Helina LCH will be Apache's superior rival. LCH has greater range.
Apache's payload is about double that of LCH. LCH can carry 8 ATGMs vs 16 for Apache. Each rocket pod of LCH holds 12 rockets vs 19 for Apache.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Instead of buying Apache we should buy the license to produce Apache engine. Apache's engine is more powerful than LCH's engine. LCH then will be HCH.
LCH will remain light simply because it is designed for high altitude warfare where heavy helicoptera don't perform well.

Apache is a heavy lifter and attacker for medium and low altitude.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Instead of buying Apache we should buy the license to produce Apache engine. Apache's engine is more powerful than LCH's engine. LCH then will be HCH.
Apache fuselage is being Made in India, you will have to adjust with that.

India22

Apache fuselage is being Made in India, you will have to adjust with that.
Some change will be needed to fit it. But it is possible. I am mainly saying it because Apache engine offers greater horse power. If Shakti too did it would be better.

republic_roi97

Country flag
Some change will be needed to fit it. But it is possible. I am mainly saying it because Apache engine offers greater horse power. If Shakti too did it would be better.
There is a reason why LCH is called LCH, if they wanted to build a MCH or HCH, they would've done it already, secindly, DRDO is not very far from being self sufficient on Gas Turbine technologies, they would be able to produce helicopter engines on their own now.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
No, Because their are no alternative to LCH on this planet earth hence IAF decided to buy stop gap solution of best preform-ace gunship on this globe ..

Keep in mind MI-28N lost to AH-64 long bow in trails ..

Because Apache is a heavy combat fighter.
Different categories.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles