I will have a travel in north india, could indian friends give me some useful info?

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
you still have sometime to come over to india. i would suggest you to log into bcmtouring.com and/or team-bhp.com, make a similar introduction there.

the good thing about these forums is there are good number of backpackers, and there will be people travelling around and are members there.

share your travel details with them, as in which day/date you will be where. if someone would be taking a certain route and that might coincide with yours, even they might join you, so other than a good company, you will have an indian who could show you around, experience the indian hospitality first hand. the other good thing about these places is, if there are people travelling from far of places they tend to do get together, so other than travelling around you could end up having a party time, and also make some friends around.

in here, do start a thread on your travelogue as and when your travel starts or use this very thread for it so that we could guide you if need be and members here could also get a sense of what you experienced.

dont forget sharing pictures with us.

aoyegui

you still have sometime to come over to india. i would suggest you to log into bcmtouring.com and/or team-bhp.com, make a similar introduction there.

the good thing about these forums is there are good number of backpackers, and there will be people travelling around and are members there.

share your travel details with them, as in which day/date you will be where. if someone would be taking a certain route and that might coincide with yours, even they might join you, so other than a good company, you will have an indian who could show you around, experience the indian hospitality first hand. the other good thing about these places is, if there are people travelling from far of places they tend to do get together, so other than travelling around you could end up having a party time, and also make some friends around.

in here, do start a thread on your travelogue as and when your travel starts or use this very thread for it so that we could guide you if need be and members here could also get a sense of what you experienced.

dont forget sharing pictures with us.
thank u soooooo much! it's a very good idea!

pmaitra

$1000 :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:, Sir, you are visiting INDIA not Pakistan.. :namaste::namaste:

1000$ is peanuts if we compare to your plans.. as i said India is not cheap... you better visit pakis,tan, there u can do in $1000. Coz there are only 2 citiies to see, Lahore and Islamabad rest are not approachable :scared2::scared2::scared2:
Unless kidnapped by the Taliban or other 'Travel' agencies of Pakistan! :rofl:
$1000 will be not including the flight tickets. And as a backpacker, the budget was decided according the latest travels of some chinese hike forums. maybe It will be over $1000 in the end, but will be not too far. I am a backpacker, small hotel or sharing with somebody or sleeping in the train will be normal. maybe i will try several good hotel, but not always.:p
Travelling to India will be more expensive than Pakistan, for sure. I am including airfare and everything else. The reason is that once you come to India, you will stay here for a few days and then return while in Pakistan you only need a one way ticket because you will probably never come back. :D

Welcome to India and enjoy your trip!

pmaitra

aoyegui, could you please share your itinerary with us?

indian_sukhoi

Why sir ?
mama,........take it light ;)

A foreigner cannot cover whole south india in a single trip, So i refered him kerala.

Tamil Nadu is far better than my state (A.P) in tourism, but i would prefer Kerala over TN for some unknown reasons - one of them them would be Weather.

I Hope my fellow state people agree with it...he he :p

nimo_cn

Country flag
Seriously, registered in 2009, but have only 14 posts?

你才是真正的潜水强人啊

Last edited:

aoyegui

Seriously, registered in 2009, but have only 14 posts?

你才是真正的潜水强人啊
英文不好,所以一直看,都不发言的,这次也是着急需要印度朋友给点意见。:p

Nagraj

它的"OK!"ç”šè‡³æˆ‘们的英语也不好。
英文不好,所以一直看,都不发言的,这次也是着急需要印度朋友给点意见。:p

Blackwater

Below chart shows India not a 'cheap' destination wow

i cant see pakistan in the list,who suppose to have beautiful locations in the world..what they earned from your friendship???

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

$1000 will be not including the flight tickets. And as a backpacker, the budget was decided according the latest travels of some chinese hike forums. maybe It will be over $1000 in the end, but will be not too far. I am a backpacker, small hotel or sharing with somebody or sleeping in the train will be normal. maybe i will try several good hotel, but not always.:p
That is the probelm with people like you, who visit India.. You come to India with 1000$ in hand. Stay and eat in filthy hotel and locations. Then when u go back write in blogs or on net, that India is dirty:mad2::mad2:

Blackwater

Travelling to India will be more expensive than Pakistan, for sure. I am including airfare and everything else. The reason is that once you come to India, you will stay here for a few days and then return while in Pakistan you only need a one way ticket because you will probably never come back. :D

Welcome to India and enjoy your trip!
no sir traveling in pakistan is expensive coz it cost ur life. BTW its shocking Chinese are not visiting there sleeping partner home

pmaitra

That is the probelm with people like you, who visit India.. You come to India with 1000$ in hand. Stay and eat in filthy hotel and locations. Then when u go back write in blogs or on net, that India is dirty:mad2::mad2:
Yes, I second that. To have a good time in India and visit Delhi, Agra, Varanasi, Jhansi, one needs to double that amount.

I would keep $2000 as a safe amount. However, this trip can be made comfortable with $1500.

Rage

DFI TEAM
LOL sounds like "just avoid Bihar, Bengal and all that area and you will be fine"

Despite being a Bihari... its understandable :D
Varanasi is the eastest city in my travel plan. there are so many places i want to, but i need my job for the next travel too...... :p
BTW: i don't know "just avoid Bihar, Bengal and all that area and you will be fine", it's something?
Bihar, today, has one of the best security situations among the north-(eastern) states! IPS officers are just dying to be posted there because there is the least political interference in the law-and-order situation. Turnaround? I know!

Kolkata is a city very rich in culture but that side is a whole other trip. If you're going to Kolktata, it'd be a good idea to visit Sikkim and some of the north-eastern states. But that'd take at least 15-20 days on it's own.

My guess, aoyegui, is that you'll be touring up in the north-west. Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Varanasi and Rishikesh are all good ideas. Try and make a trip to Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand, if you can. Shimla, Kulu-Manali and Dehradun are good places to visit.

Dress warm. It'll be cold, although perhaps not as much for a Chinese. If your in Rajasthan, be prepared for large temperature variations. The deserts at night are cold, and are very warm during the day.

Keep your wits about you. People will read your body language, and how confident you look will determine their behavior toward you. Beware of touts. Be instinctive: if you feel something is not right, avoid it. You'll learn that soon after you reach India.

Relying on professional organizations and travel agencies is always better. As opposed to semi-formal agents, even though they may offer a better price, especially since your a non-native.

Avoid eating at roadside food places. Since your palate and immunity are not accustomed to it. You can get the same road side food, at much better, hygienic joints for a slightly higher price.

Networking with student travel organizations-such as the YHAI or Youth Hostel Association of India, the YMCA in the city your in amd the Indian Student Traveller may not be a bad idea. These places can offer you useful travel tips and ideas, if not cheap accommodation, transport and packages themselves.

You can do everything from your internet-enabled phone in India nowadays. From paying bills to booking reservations at restaurants to finding directions for a place you don't know. Cellphone important! Rely on websites such as BookmyShow or Delhievents to i know what good events are on in the city on that day. Some other useful numbers and websites are 0888 8888 or JustDial.com for city consumer/services info., 100 for police and 108 for emergencies/fire/ambulance. Beware of delays in services, especially police and ambulance. Private services are a lot more efficient than Government services in the city. Know the name of your closest hospital.

Varanasi is a dirty city, but it's beauty is not apparent, it is spiritual. You'll have to really discover the traditions and practices of the world's most ancient city to enjoy it.

Keep sipping water. It's easy to forget especially in the non humid climate of North India, to drink enough water. Wash out your face, nose and throat everytime you come from out to avoid complications.

Enjoy the food. But be careful of it's heavy-ness. North Indian food, in particular, is rich in oils, dry fruits etc. Everything in smaller than king-sized quantities is the way to go. Enjoy the fruits and vegetables. The number of vegetables and vegetarian-preparations in India is mind-boggling.

Be advised that you may not find a toilet outside, while travelling. And if you do find one, it is likely to be dirty. You can however use the loo's at upscale restaurants, and some gas stations and because you're a tourist, 'decent' shops and shop-keepers might oblige you.

Respect the: Live and let live policy. However, if confronted with overt aggression, being much more aggressive than your counterpart will work. Be street-smart.

P.S. Delhi is known for road-rage. And Varanasi, and Uttar Pradesh in general, tend to be more notorious for crime than anywhere else. Advisable to travel in groups.

P.P.S. You might want to have a little more than $1000 i.e. if it includes hotel stay- as others have said- to have a good time in India. Things in India now are expensive. In some cases, just slightly under world prices.

Last edited:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Rajasthan will not be too costly. Either visit the Forts Mehrangarh/Chittor/Kumbhalgarh etc or go further west into Desert Safari.

ice berg

Not exactly sure how you expect some backpacker with limited budjet to experience high end offers. DO you have to stay in 5 star hotels and write home about the splendor? People have stayed in low end places and still had a wonderful experience of a country. Let us not make it sounds like money spend is the same as a good experience. For backpackers like him the experience is the reward. I am sure he will have a great time in India.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles