How can India respond to 7/13 terrorist attacks in Mumbai?

KS

Bye bye DFI
Why are you modifying your post after I have replied? If you need time, you have it. Don't jump on the keyboard.

Ask Mr. Ace.
Then why did you reply to my post which was indeed addressed to Mr.Ace ?

You "liked" the part which says Akshardham Temple attacks were a direct response to post-Gujarat riots but find it communal and offensive when some one asks what about Rightwingers who say post-Gujarat riots were a direct reaction to Godhra train carnage. What twisted/self-contradictory/self-serving logic !!!

Yes you are extremely lucky, for with that attitude you would not last a week in the North East.
Why should I come to NE in the first place ? :lol:

Oracle

Then why did you reply to my post which was indeed addressed to Mr.Ace ? You "liked" the part which says Akshardham attacks were a direct response to post-Gujarat riots but find it communal and offensive when some one asks what about Rightwingers who say post-Gujarat riots were a direct reaction to Godhra train carnage. What twisted logic !!!
Don't put words in my mouth, Sherlock! I have already addressed what you are trying to achieve in this post, albeit unsuccessfully.

For survival, try it. Nature is well beyond what you have seen in Ooty and Kodaikanal, too.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
First Mr.Ace for posting this (a rationalization/justification of Pak jihadi terror) -

Second Mr. Oracle for 'liking' the same ....

and then finally maybe Mr.Karthic for countering it, though exactly Mr.Karthic did not advocate it and was just asking a rhetorical question which anyone with a decent knowledge of English would have understood.

I have no problems with the order of banning as given above.
pakistanis terrorists kill Indians (muslims also died btw) and you're advocating killing of Indian muslims :doh:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Don't put words in my mouth, Sherlock! I have already addressed what you are trying to achieve in this post, albeit unsuccessfully.
No you have not. You have tried everything except that "addressed" part.

For survival, try it. Nature is well beyond what you have seen in Ooty and Kodaikanal, too.
Oh don't worry we have plenty of other places like Agumbe, Wayanad, Idukki etc over here. Try visiting them sometimes.

Oracle

No you have not. You have tried everything except that "addressed" part.

Oh don't worry we have plenty of other places like Agumbe, Wayanad, Idukki etc over here. Try visiting them sometimes.
ROFLMAO, I am living in South Indian for 9 years, please duh! Go sell tickets to someone else.

A frog in the well!

KS

Bye bye DFI
pakistanis terrorists kill Indians (muslims also died btw) and you're advocating killing of Indian muslims
Did I advocate anything ? Read my post carefully,S-L-O-W-L-Y again.

I just asked Mr. Ace if he says Akshardham Temple attacks are a response to Gujarat riots and hence Modi was in a way responsible for Akshardham attacks, what about Right wingers who say it as the Godhra train carnage which started the Gujarat riots ?

Either both Mr.Ace and Rightwingers are correct or both are wrong. Take a pick.

Gents I am infact disputing this cause-effect theory propounded by Mr.Ace (and supported by various others) as it has no place in a civilized society

People and their comprehension skills :doh:

ROFLMAO, I am living in South Indian for 9 years, please duh! Go sell tickets to someone else.

A frog in the well!
lol....dont you get the delicious irony in your posts ? :lol:

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
does R VInci's statement prepare him for the prime ministership many were hoping he would fulfill ? i mean , is his statement a preview of things to come ? we cant prevent the 1% slipping through , so i guesss the terrorists will be hoping to qualify for that 1% - cant blame the opposition for indeed syaing that it is a policy failure - have to agree with them on that .

it seems to me that the BJP is more successful in promoting not just teh image but reality of a stronger india . WHile the congress may have a wider spectrum of development , the bjp seems to concentrate on a projection and indeed reality of strenght , concentrating mostly on the one area .- but that might just be the area which is of concern to many people at this moment and phase of india's reality-story .!

KS

Bye bye DFI
The irony is that I have lived almost all over India and post as such. Howz that for some :facepalm: Catwoman?
And how do you know I have not ventured outside South ,Mr.Smarty pants ? :lol:

Don't waste my time indulging in these inanities. Cant answer my question? Feel free not to reply.

Oracle

And how do you know I have not ventured outside South ,Mr.Smarty pants ? :lol:

Don't waste my time indulging in these inanities. Cant answer my question? Feel free not to reply.
This is the internet and you are Superwoman.

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
Police find crucial CCTV footage, 'identify' suspects

A day after three blasts wreaked havoc during the evening rush hour at Opera House, Zaveri Bazaar and Dadar, killing 17 persons and injuring 133, investigators have zeroed in on the footage from CCTVs in these areas. Investigators have identified at least three suspects from footage froma camera near the khau galli at Opera House. It showed the three, who investigators said did not fit in, moving around in the area for an hour.

The three walked about separately and gave no indication of knowing each other, said an investigator, who requested anonymity as he was not authorized to speak to the media. "They looked out of place," the officer said adding that they were seen using mobile phones. This has left security agencies puzzled as their information was the Indian Mujahideen, the prime suspects, had stopped using mobile phones.

Security agencies have been aware of the presence of some IM operatives in Mumbai for the last one month, the investigator said. "We know they have spoken to their families and their presence has been registered." The family members have not been questioned as the intelligence agencies do not want to alert the suspected IM operatives that they are under surveillance.

Security agencies were also trying to identify the motive for Wednesday's blasts. They could have been in retaliation for the arrest of ten IM operatives from Madhya Pradesh and one from Vadodara last month or a diversionary tactic to draw investigators away, the officer said. He dismissed the two IM operatives who were arrested by the Maharashtra Police's Anti-Terrorism Squad a couple of days ago as mere car thieves not connected to Wednesday's blasts. The two are accused of stealing the cars used in the Ahmedabad blasts of 2008.
Police find crucial CCTV footage, 'identify' suspects - Hindustan Times

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
And why is this person spilling the beans to the media and alerting the terrorists :doh:

sanjay

Every stupid media-person is poking their fat nose and foam mic into the faces of police. The police are being chastised by the ruling politicians (who only give orders and never any support) to come up with answers. So beseiged from all sides, what are they going to do? They're going to haplessly try to project that they're doing something, have found someone, etc.

This is why Kaangress ideology is always losing every war, falling down in every fight, and generally failing the public.

When you're living with a State Within a State, then it's every man for himself.

raja696

Before waging war against outside country ,we should wage war against terror outfits inside. Toughen the punishments against who opt for terror and if they do , punish them and show consequences to the society first(fast track). Establish more special intelligence bodies and spys to peak in to radical groups (who established them selves as religious groups) or send more moles in to there groups. Trace the underworlds who are collaborating with terror assistance.. give orders to encounter them(bcause with out them terror groups are amputated). Ban the ammonium nitrate in India and establish records for there distribution. More cctvs and monitoring staffs for each city for suspicious activities. Special laws more tougher than pota has to be placed and tribunal of intelligence and NIA to monitor this law to make sure it is nt misused for political and personal Vendetta. Use the media effectively against the radical preaching of religious groups to brain wash young man (record the speech and display to public) and bully them ... and defame them. Take tougher and stringent actions against any organisation preaching radicalism and special fast track courts for doing so. Remind them we are watching you. Make them helpless and weaken them by questioning funds accountability and transfers and all trusts of all religion should be monitored.Encourage them to document every fund they received(eg:may >rs 1000etc) Special department should be formed for monitoring such trusts and ban hunde system in temples,mosque or church for putting huge cash amounts in to them with out accountability. huge funds and technology to be allocated for these spy agencies and encourage each break down of terror sleeper cells. Last but not least these agencies personnel as to be protected and monitored against all threats and to protect them special swat teams should be deployed. This agency should work anonymously and never made public with specialization branch for Internet terror monitoring to trace them in India. Add more effective points if any body have.....

amitkriit

India will respond to the recent bombings in Mumbai by showing utmost restraint. Elections in Uttar Pradesh are due, and nobody wants to hurt the fragile sentiments, even if this is a mere assumption (Why take a risk). Truth is that our leaders know the Indian psyche rather well. Yesterday I was sitting somewhere and overheard people casually saying that its not a big deal, 18 is a small number. This is how much our voters value the life of their fellow citizens.

This is what ultimately matters to our PM more than anything else(he must be getting feedbacks through his US-based relatives as well), he might get a Nobel Prize for such noble act:
India exercising admirable restraint after Mumbai attacks: NYT

devgupt

Country flag
Remembered a dialogue from Batman
"Why do we fall master Wayne"
"So that we learn to pick ourselves up"
Have our politicians learnt to pull ourselves up? No they have only learned to shift blame.

There is near hopelessness on the streets. And why?
Because there is near unanimity that the politicians will do nothing?
But why they will do nothing? Because we do not hold them accountable.

BJP blames Congress . Congress retorts by saying that the same thing happened under BJP's rule too- implying everyone in political spectrum is incompetent and hence their incompetence doesn't matter. The Yuvraj goes one step further and says that 1% of such attacks cant be stopped.

Is this the correct attitude? What will this attitude achive?
If we adopt this attitude in our professional life how long we will last?

If a railway accident happens because of human error do we expect that driver/gangman/guard will evade responsibility by giving these excuses?
If not why do we allow our politicians to evade responsibility by pointing at each other?

There are two parties in America, both having their own share of failures. And voters continue to switch between these parties. While there are many reasons for this – one of them is that these parties always reinvent themselves under a new leader with a new agenda, vision. For example Jimmy Carter 's presidency(a Democrat) is considered to be a big failure. And the failure of Dukakis in 88 or the success of Clinton in 92(both Democrats) has nothing to do with Carter .And why because they put forward new line of action, vision and were judged on that.

It was strange that someone claimed that India won 3 wars against Pakistan under Congress.Is the political leadership of that time alive today? Then how does this fact matter? Did Obama campaigned that since he is a Democrat like Roosevelt/Trueman who led the US to victory in WW2 , he is the correct choice?

We need to look at present leadership. And who are they – Vilasrao Deshmukh(who thinks of movie making after terrorist attack ), RR Patil(who thinks that small incidents happen in big cities ) and Shivaraj Patil. All three who failed in their duties in 2008. And yet today they are enjoying perks of Government office. Shivraj Patil is a governor now, Vilasrao is a Union minister and RR Patil occupies the same home minister 's chair he occupied in 2008. And this sends out a clear message to other ministers- that they can afford to fail in their assigned responsibilities- they will be rehabilitated somehow. Thus there is no incentive for them to act.

There have been 3 years ago that Sahvi Pragya was jailed. And yet even today the investigation is in progress. And this when it is supposed to be home grown. All we hear is debate whether saffron terror exists or not. The Home Minister must answer this delay. Or perhaps he and his masters are comfortable in the delay. All the talk of action against terrorism gets muddled under religious polarization .And thus attention moves away from their failures to whether hindu terrorism exists or whether there is high number of muslims in jail. And our politicians get a chance to rehabilitate themselves someway.
That gentlemen is the crux of the problem.

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
And why is this person spilling the beans to the media and alerting the terrorists :doh:
Because they want to show that they are working.

When you loose credibility, you risk the results to protect yourself from crticism. In the end, eveybody wants to save themselves. Determination & nationalism are the relics of the time gone by.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Dear Dr Manmohan Singhji,

You may or may not hang Ajmal Kasab. Our only request to the Govt. of INDIA is to protect us, in the same way YOU have protected HIM.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Then why did you reply to my post which was indeed addressed to Mr.Ace ?

You "liked" the part which says Akshardham Temple attacks were a direct response to post-Gujarat riots but find it communal and offensive when some one asks what about Rightwingers who say post-Gujarat riots were a direct reaction to Godhra train carnage. What twisted/self-contradictory/self-serving logic !!!

About Mr Karthick - Hi Sir/ Madam/ "it" ... I don;t know who you are and what you do, but making passionate statements about Tamils or Hindus in several posts indicate that you are a man of passion, a man with access to a computer and the internet (an IT guy?), a man who lives in TamilNadu and possibly a Hindu Brahmin tamil. How am I doing so far?
Now about my background, which you or Mr Param had asked for in some other thread, - I have lived in 5 cities in India - in four "corners" of India. I have also lived in Europe for some time and am presently in the USA for several years. I am "highly" educated as they say, with several University degrees from different countries - if you know what I mean. I work as a scientist in a well known company, whose invention you ALL use everyday knowingly or unknowingly. I am a "liberal", atheist, tolerant of pretty much everyone except for extremely intolerant people (like you). So, that's me ...

Now, about my "comment" on Post-Godhra riots (or "Post-Gujarat" riots, which may have been a mis-typing, but considering Gujarat was the home-state of Gandhi-ji and now that of Modi and ilk, I kind of like the "Post-Gujarat" term - shows that the old tolerant Gujarat is past). I did not say that the Post-Godhra riots "justify" the Akshardham killings - far from it. I do not believe that "an eye for an eye" is the right answer. On the contrary, I firmly believe that you should not look for an eye for an eye. You should either forgive and forget the person who blinded you (say by accident) and take precautions that such things do not happen again or search and destroy the person AND the root cause of his causing you harm (if it was deliberate and planned) to make sure that it does not happen again.
Now, after such lengthy diatribe, let's take a breath and see what is going on here ...
Godhra train burnings of Hindu Kar Sevaks were a horrible, inhuman, genocidal affront. The people who did it should be hunted down and punished by the state - how is THAT going in Modi era by the way? Not that I like the frenzied passions of the Kar Sevaks, who I think are rabble roused by BJP/ RSS. However, the people who attacked and killed them are not fit to be called human beings - IMO. They are like rabid dogs and should be treated as such.
However, BJP/ RSS organizing another genocide of unrelated muslims was not the correct response. "An eye for an eye"? Whose eye and for what? Most people killed in the carnage in this case were women, children and old people, innocent of the carnage in Godhra station.
So, the muslim fundamentalists retaliated by killing innocents in Akshardham - surely the BJP should have seen THAT coming? Hey, after all they (BJP/ RSS and other Hindu fundamentalists) and their arch enemies (muslim fundamentalists) think alike!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles