How Beijing Is Stifling Chinese Innovation

LTE-TDD

Even their publications in the journals is a bluster, not according to me, but according to Chinese Academy of Sciences.

The articles says that quality of publications from China is below that of emerging countries like India and Brazil. China is the second highest spender on R&D in world but is no where in Top 20 countries when it comes to quality of their publications. Read the full article...
Do not worry, India will be th number one!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I guess the fact China only filed 1% of international patents flew over your head. Patents filed in China aren't worth the paper they are printed.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
All this hype on Chinese Science and Technology & Research and Development is a bluster, scratch the surface, you can see through the bluster. It applies equally well to Chinese economy, infrastructure etc. All you need to do is scratch the surface to see through it.

tiranga

Tihar Jail
Banned
All this hype on Chinese Science and Technology & Research and Development is a bluster, scratch the surface, you can see through the bluster. It applies equally well to Chinese economy, infrastructure etc. All you need to do is scratch the surface to see through it.
What is in China thats not a bluster??
real estate- a buster
economy- based on lies and deceptions thankfully still growing
military- although indegenious but mostly copied
Culture- already gone, only language remains
Patents - :lol:

no smoking

Country flag
I guess the fact China only filed 1% of international patents flew over your head. Patents filed in China aren't worth the paper they are printed.
Well, I don't know which year you are living, but at least in 2010, China's international patent application accounted 7.6% of all, which put China in number 4, ahead of French.

Honestly, I don't think that is a big deal since French is far advanced than China in almost everything. I just don't want to see you speak like an idiot.

International Patent Filings Recover in 2010

no smoking

Country flag
yes we will, in quality innovations not copied one like you.. so keep enjoying ur so called patents.... jokers :lol:
Yes, you will. The question is how! As a developing country, I don't see how you are going to do that. Japn copied, Korea copied, now is China's turn.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Well, I don't know which year you are living, but at least in 2010, China's international patent application accounted 7.6% of all, which put China in number 4, ahead of French.

Honestly, I don't think that is a big deal since French is far advanced than China in almost everything. I just don't want to see you speak like an idiot.

:pound:

Patent applications is not equal to Patent approvals. Everybody can file a frivolous patent but the thing is the chance of getting it approved is near zero.

What you need to shows us what is the number of International patent filings approved by us/uk/european patent offices.

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
:pound:

Patent applications is not equal to Patent approvals. Everybody can file a frivolous patent but the thing is the chance of getting it approved is near zero.

What you need to shows us what is the number of International patent filings approved by us/uk/european patent offices.
May be u can show us the ranks of Patent approvals.

BTW, China is No.1 for the Patent applications (2011).
Chinese patent applications in 2011 ranked first in the world | Stock Market Today

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Applications don't mean squat... getting through the review process is what matters.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Could be, if you say so!
He is wrong.

China invented gunpowder that has devastated the world thereafter.

Sadly, China did not have patent for that though they invented this weapon of mass destruction!

But then Chinese are clever ticks!

trackwhack

Could be, if you say so!
A society that has no respect for intellectual property and openly mocks it by duplicating / reverse engineering / stealing / spying etc, then claims intellectual property. No one sees the irony in that?

Reactions: Ray

no smoking

Country flag
A society that has no respect for intellectual property and openly mocks it by duplicating / reverse engineering / stealing / spying etc, then claims intellectual property. No one sees the irony in that?
Why? That is what a nation does!

West countries have kept stealing / robbing the whole world for hundreds years, then require everyone to respect their property. Does anyone feel irony? NO!

That is how you country can win: the international regulation was set up by leading countries which would favor them own. The only way other countries can catch up is broking their rules.

In 19 centuries, USA is one of major intellectual property violators, now it is the leading country in intellectual protection.
Before 1945, Japan was another one famous for its reverse engineering: even their famous fighter--Zero was claimed by some western companies as a copy design. Does anyone even remember that today?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Chinese don't see it that way.

They feel that they are on the right track.

Ends Justify Means!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why? That is what a nation does!

West countries have kept stealing / robbing the whole world for hundreds years, then require everyone to respect their property. Does anyone feel irony? NO!

That is how you country can win: the international regulation was set up by leading countries which would favor them own. The only way other countries can catch up is broking their rules.

In 19 centuries, USA is one of major intellectual property violators, now it is the leading country in intellectual protection.
Before 1945, Japan was another one famous for its reverse engineering: even their famous fighter--Zero was claimed by some western companies as a copy design. Does anyone even remember that today?
Remember th Zero.

None felt that they were copies!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles