Hina set to be Pak Foreign Minister

ejazr

Ambassador
She has been made the FM because she is going to toe the establishment line quietly. Basically expect her to be the mouthpiece of the PA/ISI rather than bringing anything new on the table.

However, what is happening now is implementing most of the backchannel deals that were already agreed upon back in 2007.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
She has been made the FM because she is going to toe the establishment line quietly. Basically expect her to be the mouthpiece of the PA/ISI rather than bringing anything new on the table.

However, what is happening now is implementing most of the backchannel deals that were already agreed upon back in 2007.
if she is going to toe establishment then what use of all this back channel stuff that we are going to carry on with pakistan as we know what`s isi/pa wishes are regarding kashmir.

what would happen all those back channel once isi starts is dirty tricks againg in J&K ONCE AMERICA FULLY LEAVES THIS REAGION

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Hina Rabbani Khar's interview on whole host of issues:

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I think PA and ISI wants all their govt ministers like Hina, thus they are easily manageable and are able to bend as and when needed. Pakistan is true banana country. BTW hope ISI and PA get Hina type bosses.

sanjay

I think PA and ISI wants all their govt ministers like Hina, thus they are easily manageable and are able to bend as and when needed. Pakistan is true banana country. BTW hope ISI and PA get Hina type bosses.
They would only eliminate them, like they did with Benazir.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Ejazr,

I think it will be unrealistic to expect any foreign minister of Pakistan to take over the charge at this point and tread a line contrary to the will and fancies of the mil establishment there. When ppp came in the initial days, they did try their hands at a few things (namely zardari saying india is not the enemy or trying to bring isi under the interior ministry) which were not in sync to the will of the establishment but miserably failed and the situation today is such that ppp led government just cant think of going contrary to what the establishment wants.

If you've noticed the talk of a new front consisting of fringe parties making as a caretaker government where the SC of Pakistan could play a role, have resurfaced and given that the ppp and allies have no option but to go with the establishment, and if we were to take a midterm view, if ppp was to be at logger heads with the establishment, then making a come back in the next elections will only diminish further, so zardari and co wont take a chance, certainly not now or the writing is on the wall.

What one can expect is if tomorrow the elections were to be held and pml-n was to take charge, they might attempt an independent foreign policy because Nawaz sharif seems quite adamant that they will now not allow any sort of interference from the mil establishment in governance if given a chance but then them making a come back with that sort of an intent further erodes as you pointed out a few days back.

@topic

Lady comes across well in sync with the challenges she will be upto, add to that she is decently well articulated.

She has been a MoS for their finance ministry, and here after being MoS foreign ministry, she has been elevated to a cabinet rank, which must have been done looking at the credentials the lady possesses.

She doesnt come across as over eager, arrogant, aggressive or as someone on the confrontation, which was a trade mark of their previous finance minister, and another point here, she does it well than sm krishna who keeps wondering what next to say and how politically and diplomatically correct would he be.

Tomcat

the hotness of lassies is a personal choice my lad deciede by your second "head" not the one with the brains

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think we should use this thread to know more about what kind of foreign minister she will turn out to be for Pakistan than how hot she is or how she speaks etc.

Tomcat

yusufji its man core value you know and we can indulge in some of it but as you say we will have to wait till our krishna will meet her tad tad da da da traa tara ...............................

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think she has done her homework for sure. Yeah it will be interesting as to what comes out from her meeting with SMK. I am sure it will be nothing but the usual words for media but no substance.

Phenom

Pakistan desperately needs an image makeover in the international community, its been seen as the hub of radicalism and terrorism, who better to counter that image than a beautiful, educated and modern women, in the next few months we would get reports of how she represents the modern, educated Pakistan and the radicals are only a tiny minority.

One thing about Pakistanis, they know how to manipulate public opinion, especially in the west. But hopefully it won't be enough to save their image this time.

Blackwater

I think we should use this thread to know more about what kind of foreign minister she will turn out to be for Pakistan than how hot she is or how she speaks etc.
Iam not sure about her abilities but she has been made foreign minister Coz she wont create trouble for Army, Zardari unlike shah quereshi .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles