Hezbollah considering military coup

sob

Mod
Country flag
If that happens then I do not think that Israel and their allies in Lebanon are going to keep quiet.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is better to leave Syria alone or else the Shias will be up in arms and they have proved to be better warriors than the Sunni Arabs.

The Sunni Arabs have been repeatedly thrashed by Israel.

It was only the Hizbs who could hold their own as the last conflict indicated.

And anyway, these countries don't understand democracy.

Egypt, which is the most advanced amongst them, is burning with no sight of genuine democracy!

They should stew in their own juices!

IBSA

Country flag
I think Hizbollah is right

Syria, which has a Shia family on power, and Hizbollah, Shia movement are allies. Syria hold Lebanon together with others forces. If Syria falls, Hizbollah will be in a fragile situation surrounded by a western-allied gov in Syria and Israel at south. Israel wants to hold the south Lebanon and its water resources as Litani River and needs destroy Hizb forces in the region. Without Syrian main support, Hizb can be defeated to Israeli advance. But if they do a coup, it obliges the western to divide their forces in two battle fronts - Syria and Lebanon - which will expand the war scenario and to stickle the things to western invaders

Hizbollah isn't only a insurgent group. It is a political party (Hizbollah means God's party) that concurs legally in Lebanon elections.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Hezbollah has come up with a sound strategy. That will put a scare in the western mind. I would not be surprised if this idea has been given by Syria's Asad himself to make sure something like Libya does not happen to his regime.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If Syria collapses, and if the Hizb are in disarray in Lebanon, then a serious insurgency in the manner it was in Iraq in the first days can happen and spread to all areas where there is a Shia presence in the population, but not in governance.

If Bahrain burns, where the Shias are in majority as far as the population is concerned, it will spell disaster since the both flanks of the Gulf of Hormuz with have Shia presence; and one being in turmoil i.e. Bahrain.

I still opine that the Arabs have had no experience with democracy in their history and have always been under autocratic rulers or regimes. Even the religion does not have much leeway, as in the Sharia, to deviate. Therefore, they respond to diktats rather than have a free-wheeling mindset. The Wahabis are the most rigid of the lot, but then they are also the Born Again Muslims as they claim and practice - totally devoted to the basic and without the frills.

If one observes, till a certain period in history, Islam was a trendsetter in matters of science and humanities bestowing great boons on society. However, once the concept of ijtihad was disallowed, the religion went into greater rigidity and the scientific temper faded, especially in the Arab world, while elsewhere, as in India, free thinking continued, even if in fits and start.

Therefore, the idea of spreading Democracy and Freedom in the Arab world is a difficult proposition and is as good as casting pearls before swine. Even Egypt, the most progressive nation of the Arab world is floundering and also showing intolerance wherein many Copts were killed when they recently demonstrated!

I say leave these Bedous alone with the camels for intimate company and let them sort their issues in the usual barbaric way that they have done through the centuries!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles