Hey there...

Sancho

...I'm the new one at DFI. Hope to join some interesting discussions and get some good infos about Indian military.
Some of you might already know me from PDF/IDF, maybe even from the MP forum (Sancho78) and now I try to be as active as possible here as well. For those who don't know me, or my opinions yet, I am pro...

- Dhruv in any varient (highly pro for a streched naval varient for ASW and as the prime heli for all IN an ICG vessels!!!)
- LCA (against N - LCA)
- FGFA
- AURA UCAV
- AMCA as a tech demo, or carrier varient (against AMCA for IAF until MKI needs a replacement)
- MRTA
- EMB / DRDO AWACS and EMB / DRDO MPA
- LHDs over LPDs
- more AIP subs and MPAs to increase anti sub warfare
- co-developments to improve Indian industry (against overestimated indigenous developments for pride reasons)
- more influence of MoD to guide the forces to more commonality and reducing costs
- diverting at least a big part of the Mi 17 fleet to IA air arm since they are the main user anyway. Diverting Jaguar IMs and any future maritime attack squadron to IN air arm, since their carrier pilots will train for the same purposes and for commonality of weapons and techs.

- Rafale
- EC Fennec
- Apache
- Mi 26
- A330 and A400 MRTTs
- CV 90 120 + SEP in different varients for IA to replace many older types of tanks, APCs, or IFVs
- KMW AGM/DONAR howitzer for the IA self propelled requirement (tracked and wheeld on Ashok Leyland trucks) + indigenous towed howitzers in high numbers
- CV22 for special forces in addition to the C130Js + V22 AEW, tanker, MPA varients for IN carriers and possibly LHDs
- Kamov 92 co-development (with ramp) as a medium class helicopter to replace Mi 8/17 and Sea Kings...

I think that's enough info to get confused, like, or even hate me for several reasons. :namaste:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Welcome man, good to see you're not a LCA hater.

SpArK

SORCERER
Welcome to the forum.

Learn and let learn.:thumb:

Sancho

Welcome man, good to see you're not a LCA hater.
Thanks! No I'm not an LCA hater, but I am also not afraid of criticising those parts of the LCA project, that are not needed or failed and caused much of the delays!

A.V.

Welcome to defence forum india ,

i am sure a lot of tech gurus here you will find to debate.
P2Prada, bengalraider, Satish , Kunal sir, sayare, Armand are some of the names of technocrat members here .

SpArK

SORCERER
^^^

And he deliberately ignored my name too.. So add that too sancho. :pound:

A.V.

lol yes i missed a lot of names not just sparks , add to the list Ace, damian , bhogta , rahul singh , ppgj , austin and a lot more guys interested in defence technos

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Welcome to DFI Sancho!
Just read through all of the things you like and we have a lot in common.:)

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

Welcome to DFI Sancho. Hope to see you around and learn a lot from you.

Sancho

Welcome to defence forum india ,

i am sure a lot of tech gurus here you will find to debate.
P2Prada, bengalraider, Satish , Kunal sir, sayare, Armand are some of the names of technocrat members here .
Thanks! I'know some of them from other forums and was following some threads and discussions on DFI in the past as well, so I'm looking forward to participate and learn more too. Btw, I hope to get some interesting infos on Russian defence related development from you as well, especially on Pak Fa / FGFA, but also on the Kamov 92 which highly interests me. I found a thread about French developments, is there another for Russian as well (might have missed it)?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alien hey there! Introductions & Announcements 13
Barak2 Hey everyone! Introductions & Announcements 11
D Hey Introductions & Announcements 12
Dhairya Yadav Hey Guys Introductions & Announcements 6