Hello everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilalhaider

Hello everyone:

I am bilalhaider. Some of you might know me *edit*

I am very interested in geopolitics & strategy in our changing world. Hope to have some interesting, respectful discussions here with you guys. Ciao. Adios.

Last edited by a moderator:

amitkriit

Why are so many on-line Pakistanis storming into this forum all of a sudden?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I think so they must be thinking of starting another forum and want to poach Indian members. Without Indians, Pakistani sites can't survive.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
I think so they must be thinking of starting another forum and want to poach Indian members. Without Indians, Pakistani sites can't survive.
WHy all this paranoia . . . let them at least begin posting

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
WHy all this paranoia . . . let them at least begin posting
I may have gotten a pm from someone requesting permission to advertize a new forum .. or I may be dreaming ... or been there done that. Take your pick ;)

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
To infiltrate online as since these days it's difficult to do the same physically.

But let them come if they are tired of being thrashed by Indians on their own Paki forums with TRUTH. We can try to be gentle with them. :taunt:

Zebra

Country flag
Majboori ka naam Rahul Gandhi,
btw welcome dude.

Agnostic Muslim

How does one 'poach' a member?

Don't users typically post on sites they enjoy posting on?

The free market system would suggest that consumers select products they like, and given that forums are generally free, the decision of consumers to post on one forum vs another certainly would fit in that category.

The Indian users that post on Pakistani forums do so because they like engaging/debating with Pakistanis, and they enjoy the 'product'. I have to say, despite my current differences with PDF, they would never show the kind of response to new members (of any nationality) that you have shown here, and that is why Indians continue to post there, and return to post there despite infractions and bans. If you don't create a relatively comfortable atmosphere for Pakistani posters to post, then you will have no Pakistani posters, and those Indians that relish debating and engaging with Pakistanis will always go to other forums where they can do so.

Unfortunately, the PDF management also buys into this philosophy of 'other sites poaching members' (also an issue I disagreed with them on and one that played into my decision to resign), which is why my account at PDF was disabled after I resigned.

As a business in a free and open market, the goal needs to be making your product better and more attractive to more consumers, because otherwise the WWW offers plenty of other products for consumers to move to and the means to find those other products. Consumers are not 'poached' by other sites merely because those sites exist and advertise, but because those sites offer a product that those consumers value more than yours.

Cheers.

AM

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Poach or Omlette, the trend is getting Fried!

So, set the ball rolling and let us have a great thread from you.

But since you say that PDF has shown you a Red Card, I find it very odd since you were one of the good posters out there.

It is their loss.

Actually, there are too many things happening in Pakistan that stuns most.

Like your supreme court, overruling a law passed by the Parliament and holding the PM guilty of contempt of Court.

I think your Supreme Court is the only True Supreme Court where the Judges MUST be addressed as "My Lord"

Of course, the meaning would be different, as is everything in Pakistan.

It would mean Law Over Representative Democracy

BTW, are you starting a new Forum?

Last edited:

bilalhaider

First post added by a member, first post modified by the moderator. I didn't know moderation dealt with editing the contents of posts of other members as well.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
First post added by a member, first post modified by the moderator. I didn't know moderation dealt with editing the contents of posts of other members as well.
Now don't get upset.

Maybe it is to establish that this is a trend setting forum! :)

Agnostic Muslim

Poach or Omlette, the trend is getting Fried!

So, set the ball rolling and let us have a great thread from you.

But since you say that PDF has shown you a Red Card, I find it very odd since you were one of the good posters out there.

It is their loss.
Thank you for the kind words - I had indicated to them that I would continue to post as a regular member after resigning, along with continuing with my own forum (which I wanted to take in a different direction from PDF) but the management there is paranoid about 'poached/fried' members, and hence chose to deactivate my account.

Actually, there are too many things happening in Pakistan that stuns most.

Like your supreme court, overruling a law passed by the Parliament and holding the PM guilty of contempt of Court.
I don't think that is unusual, after all the US Supreme Court was engaged in similar deliberations on whether or not uphold Obama Care - parliament can certainly pass laws, but I believe it is the Courts that exercise a check on Parliament by ensuring that the laws are not in violation of the constitution.
BTW, are you starting a new Forum?
Yes, but the Admin team appears to have had a change of mind due to differences between them on the issue of allowing us to mention the forum, so I am afraid I cannot tell you about it on the DFI platform.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
So are Agnostic Muslim and bilalhaider the same guy and playing Tag-Team aganst evil bhartis? :taunt:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
How does one 'poach' a member?

Don't users typically post on sites they enjoy posting on?

The free market system would suggest that consumers select products they like, and given that forums are generally free, the decision of consumers to post on one forum vs another certainly would fit in that category.

The Indian users that post on Pakistani forums do so because they like engaging/debating with Pakistanis, and they enjoy the 'product'. I have to say, despite my current differences with PDF, they would never show the kind of response to new members (of any nationality) that you have shown here, and that is why Indians continue to post there, and return to post there despite infractions and bans. If you don't create a relatively comfortable atmosphere for Pakistani posters to post, then you will have no Pakistani posters, and those Indians that relish debating and engaging with Pakistanis will always go to other forums where they can do so.

Unfortunately, the PDF management also buys into this philosophy of 'other sites poaching members' (also an issue I disagreed with them on and one that played into my decision to resign), which is why my account at PDF was disabled after I resigned.

As a business in a free and open market, the goal needs to be making your product better and more attractive to more consumers, because otherwise the WWW offers plenty of other products for consumers to move to and the means to find those other products. Consumers are not 'poached' by other sites merely because those sites exist and advertise, but because those sites offer a product that those consumers value more than yours.

Cheers.

AM
Seriously?

All these pakistani forums provide are a bunch of terrorist-sympathizing, delusional, paranoid Pakistanis bereft of logic who comprise a nice target for the Indian posters to thrash them. Of course there are some Pakistanis who are close to reality but very minuscule.

If you think your product is better, then let it be and you don't have to go to the other forums to advertise, people will find it eventually. You can always use Google Adwords for advertising as an alternative.

The reason that you and your lieutenants are here out of the blue is due to the fact you wanted to advertise your forum as is evident from introductions from all of you with a link to that forum.

If you guys really want to post, just post, no one is stopping you.

bilalhaider

Now don't get upset.

Maybe it is to establish that this is a trend setting forum! :)
No, why would I be upset, I expect this kind of behavior from an Indian mod on this forum. Anyways, that's my last post on this issue.

P.S. oh wait, my post has been re-edited, by the same mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.