Hatf V Ghauri missile test fails, parts fall on Pakistani village

The Fox

So this announcement of "sucess" when in reality it was a failure puts into doubt all other announcements of "sucess" as well.
if the missile Debris weren't reported in the media then the paki would have claimed it a success just the way they did all these years :lol::lol::lol:.... now the cat is out of their bag......

The Fox

I would think, given the frequent number of missile tests in recent years, that multiple failures would have resulted in more accounts such as this one. It does appear that the Ghauri has failed several times.

It also appears that that people with access to insider information on such issues are now far more willing to leak the information about failures into the public because, as I mentioned, even pro-military commentators are getting increasingly fed up with the the lack of honesty in information provided to Pakistani citizens, so regardless of ISPR statements, we'll probably find out whether a particular test or military operation was successful or not.
for the first time in the history of World Wide Web (Only Members from Tamiz Nadu would understand the Sarcasm ) that a paki has accepted that their missiles do fail and there is a cover up by the state media where they show their missile track record as 100 % success.....

The Fox

Your analysis needs some corrections - the Ghauri is a single stage missile. The only 'stage separation' that occurs is the separation of the warhead from the missile body (which is the section identified in previous images of the missile and its debris). The flight computer and motors will be in the section that is not attached to the warhead. Almost all the navigation work is done by the rocket motors and flight computer prior to warhead separation. The warhead, unless it is a more advanced independently maneuverable re-entry vehicle (in which case it would have its own limited guidance system and fins) then follows a simple projectile path from the point of separation.

The recovery of the main body of the missile and its flight computer therefore does not automatically indicate a test failure - what does appear to point to a test failure (aside from the reports from individuals with sources in the military) is that the military was apparently not expecting to have any debris fall, which might indicate the they expected the main missile body and components to burn up after warhead separation, or if they were expecting debris, guidance failure of the missile caused the debris to fall in an area that they were not expecting it to.
Dude when you see the target location and the Debris location there is a clear deviation and the missile veered off from its actual destination which in scientific term is a failure.......... In layman terms lets say You want to Nuke (Kolkata and ended up nuking Dhaka ) thats how it looks like from the maps of the actual destination and the site of debris

Last edited:

aragorn

What conclusion pakis will make from this failed test???

We need to aim karachi if we want to fire this missile on mumbai, aim mumbai if want to fire on chennai :D

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
What conclusion pakis will make from this failed test???

We need to aim karachi if we want to fire this missile on mumbai, aim mumbai if want to fire on chennai :D
:rofl:

ok they thought that manual was Chinese but it was Korean......................that is why whole misunderstanding :rofl:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The rocket motor should at least fall in the general arc of the missile trajectory. This thing is about as accurate as a blind man shooting a sniper rifle.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
made in India and intercepting a missile?

I must admit that your very bad at joking
farhan, joke is on you by PA.

BTW i was wondering if you live in safety corridor or some place else ???

from the looks of it whole country has cross country test ranges.

you guys have to go through all that every time they test missile and fire control computer ditch missile RV :rofl:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
some interesting posts in worth reading :rofl: in our brother Pak forum

The point to notice is that there are about 10 hours between the missile test and the debry coming down.

I am not debating, weather or not some thing went wrong; it surely did. I am just not sure WHAT !

the time difffence is the key to what might have happened, and why the electronics fell that far away.

Pakistani long range missiles are generally fired in a straight line over a restricted air corridor starting from Tillah Ranges in Jhelum all the way to Somiani Range at sea-side in Baluchistan. At the time of firing it is ensured that there is no air traffic in the flight corridor. It is also ensured that the land below remains sparsely populated in case the missile malfunctions and falls. ''Successful'' is a relative term in missile launches in Pakistan. Success has nothing to do with the missile flying from point A to B. Success can be a test of proverbial failures also, just as the one we have seen here. As per my information, this launch was basically a test of advanced launching criteria and not of whether the missile correctly hit the intended target. That is why it has been termed as a ''success'' perhaps! As far as the falling parts are concerned, well that happens as equipment failure is universal. If brand new & state-of-the-art US Tomahawk Cruise Missiles call fall off the sky and bounce on the ground (during Clinton era) to bless Pakistan with knowledge to build our own, then one Ghauri or Shaheen parts falling every now and then may be accepted under the attrition scale. In short, the parts SHOULD NOT HAVE FALLEN as they did here,calling the test a failure or success under such an event remains either seeing the glass half full or half empty!
Sure i :salute: you guys, never give up, doing all you can to help PA :desert: in this hour of need :rofl:

aerokan

Country flag
Some interesting questions to consider here:

1. Why is the route that far from the expected? (Obvious answers like PA's crappy guidance comps won't fit the bill.)

Sure it is crappy guidance.. or it may have been intercepted.. but that will prop up more questions.

2. How long the missile traversed from the expected trajectory?

If the parts are to fall that far from the launch site.. it has to travel between atleast 1/3 to 2/3rds of the total distance it travelled if i am not wrong.

3. Why is the self-destruct button not engaged when it's confirmed that it's path has veered off?

It doesn't take long to figure that out.

4. If it's initiated, why are we seeing all the mission computer debris intact without any damage?

5. If the missile had travelled that high into the sky as any ballistic missile, why were the parts not looking burned up?

Yes.. the missile does have heat shields to withstand high temps.. but if the parts are falling seperately..

Any answers from the missile experts on the forum would be helpful.

johnnyboy

made in India and intercepting a missile?

I must admit that your very bad at joking
I admit... I stand no where near your countrymen on when it comes to jokes.

You fire a missile... and immediately claim it to be successful... debris including FCC falls way off mark... and you still come out claim the test a success... its certainly not easy for anyone to beat this joke. :pound:

aragorn

You fire a missile... and immediately claim it to be successful... debris including FCC falls way off mark... and you still come out claim the test a success... its certainly not easy for anyone to beat this joke. :pound:
It is not a joke. The test was to check if the fire button works or not. They press the button and the missile launched hence they are claiming it to be successful. :D

Indianboy

Country flag

Yes, B positive, see the half glass that is full of water and not that one which is not. It is a progress that their fire cracker rocket covered this much distance, soon they'll reach India....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Yes, B positive, see the half glass that is full of water and not that one which is not. It is a progress that their fire cracker rocket covered this much distance, soon they'll reach India....:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Reaching India is easy enough. The problem is if they aim for Dehli they will probably hit Gujarat. :rofl:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
For them aiming Delhi and hitting Gujarat is a success. But what will happen if they aim India and hit China.
If the Chinese are reading this thread, they may consider terminating the chor bazaar business with their friends. :hehe:

Agnostic Muslim

Dude when you see the target location and the Debris location there is a clear deviation and the missile veered off from its actual destination which in scientific term is a failure.......... In layman terms lets say You want to Nuke (Kolkata and ended up nuking Dhaka ) thats how it looks like from the maps of the actual destination and the site of debris
As I pointed out earlier, we do not know the target location, and AFAIK, there has been no official information provided about the launch site of this particular missile test either.

Global Defence

Articles