Gujarat tops in taking up urban development projects

parijataka

Country flag
Secular states far behind BJP ruled states as Gujarat tops in competion of JNNURM urban projects followed by Karnataka in second place. Congress ruled Delhi, Rajasthan and Maharashtra showed dismal performance. I think secular state leaders are concentrating more on inflating costs and delaying projects to maximise their `cut`... :).

PS : Why is every damn public works project named after Chachaji or his descendants ? Is it his personal wealth that is being used to build roads or hospitals or schools or colleges ?

NEW DELHI: Congress might be planning to send the group of ministers (GoM) on media to counter Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi's development claims but latest data released by the Centre shows the state has outshined all others so far as augmenting urban infrastructure is concerned.

The status report on JNNURM projects released by the Union urban development ministry showed that Gujarat had a high rate of completing urban infrastructure projects. Out of 72 sanctioned projects, 40 were completed by May. BJP-ruled Karnataka reported completion of 22 projects of the 47 sanctioned.

Congress-ruled Delhi and Rajasthan had a dismal record of less than 20% of projects completed till May. Maharashtra, where Congress-NCP alliance has been in power, also did not do well with only 21 of the sanctioned 80 projects completed.

Overall, nearly one-third of the projects - 146 of 466 -- sanctioned were completed in the country.

Though the GoM is likely to claim that Gujarat's development is propelled by the Centre's help since it provides substantial funds to implement these projects, it would be difficult to reject Modi's claims. "In case of any centrally-sponsored scheme or programme, those states which take up projects with greater preparation make substantial progress. Gujarat has done this in all cases and hence has gained the most from such programmes," a Union minister said.

While JNNURM has come as a growth propeller for Modi, the overall performance of the scheme has come under attack. A panel headed by Planning Commission member Arun Maira had earlier described the UPA's flagship programme launched in 2005 as a "failure". It had criticized the Rs 66,000 crores programme aimed to upgrade urban infrastructure across 63 cities, saying "haphazard approach in taking up programmes" and "poor planning" were some of "the most debilitating lacunae" in this programme.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
I would love to see tomorrow's Gujju newspapers.This is actually news which they should print in big letters as our own state is progressing.If these editors do have a bit of moral, they would print this news no matter in some corner."©"©P.S. Can you people believe that "Gun waving issue of Vitthal Radadiya" was totally blocked by Gujarat Samachar.Not a single word on that matter.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Secular states far behind BJP ruled states as Gujarat tops in competion of JNNURM urban projects followed by Karnataka in second place. Congress ruled Delhi, Rajasthan and Maharashtra showed dismal performance. I think secular state leaders are concentrating more on inflating costs and delaying projects to maximise their `cut`... :).

PS : Why is every damn public works project named after Chachaji or his descendants ? Is it his personal wealth that is being used to build roads or hospitals or schools or colleges ?

You have raised a very good point about naming of public works project in Nehru's and his descendants honour. I would like a ordinance to be issued by President or order by supreme court to put stop to this practice and rename 99% of the old projects. We should start a petition going directly to the supreme court and President of Bharatvarsh asking them to issue the order to the present central and all the State Governments in power. If, I was PM the bill will be tabled in Parliament to restrict number of projects those can be named in honour of the past public servants to two and rename the existing projects in line with the new bill( No Exception at all). If the family wants more than two than GOI should charge them the fees for the same to be decided by Parliamentary committee. The fees should be on par with the commercial advertising rates for billboards in the local area.

parijataka

Country flag
You have raised a very good point about naming of public works project in Nehru's and his descendants honour. I would like a ordinance to be issued by President or order by supreme court to put stop to this practice and rename 99% of the old projects. We should start a petition going directly to the supreme court and President of Bharatvarsh asking them to issue the order to the present central and all the State Governments in power. If, I was PM the bill will be tabled in Parliament to restrict number of projects those can be named in honour of the past public servants to two and rename the existing projects in line with the new bill( No Exception at all). If the family wants more than two than GOI should charge them the fees for the same to be decided by Parliamentary committee. The fees should be on par with the commercial advertising rates for billboards in the local area.
NDA did not continue with this practise during their single term - they named schemes as `Pradhan Mantri Sadak Yojana`, `Sarv Shikshana Abhiyana`, etc. Congress back since 2004 has continued naming everything again after Nehru, Indira and Rajiv... :).

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
NDA did not continue with this practise during their single term - they named schemes as `Pradhan Mantri Sadak Yojana`, `Sarv Shikshana Abhiyana`, etc. Congress back since 2004 has continued naming everything again after Nehru, Indira and Rajiv... :).
Thank you, I learned some thing new.

Zebra

Country flag
Though the GoM is likely to claim that Gujarat's development is propelled by the Centre's help since it provides substantial funds to implement these projects.....

Gujarat tops in taking up urban development projects - Times Of India

Wow, that's good one!

Gujarat ko paise diye to koi daya-dan karte hai kya?

How much money as tax, they get from Gujarat and how many percent of it, they give back to state.....?

I wonder, center do have enough balls to give that figures in public......!

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Wow, that's good one!

Gujarat ko paise diye to koi daya-dan karte hai kya?

How much money as tax, they get from Gujarat and how many percent of it, they give back to state.....?

I wonder, center do have enough balls to give that figures in public......!
After being exposed in numerous "Ghotala" they have lost all the balls as they melted due to the heat generated by Mr. S. Swamy, Mr. Anna Hazare and Mr. Kejriwal.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles