Gujarat tops in taking up urban development projects

Discussion in 'Economy & Infrastructure' started by parijataka, Oct 16, 2012.

1. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Secular states far behind BJP ruled states as Gujarat tops in competion of JNNURM urban projects followed by Karnataka in second place. Congress ruled Delhi, Rajasthan and Maharashtra showed dismal performance. I think secular state leaders are concentrating more on inflating costs and delaying projects to maximise their `cut`... :).

PS : Why is every damn public works project named after Chachaji or his descendants ? Is it his personal wealth that is being used to build roads or hospitals or schools or colleges ?

Gujarat tops in taking up urban development projects

chase, maomao and Raj30 like this.
  3. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

I would love to see tomorrow's Gujju newspapers.This is actually news which they should print in big letters as our own state is progressing.If these editors do have a bit of moral, they would print this news no matter in some corner.

P.S. Can you people believe that "Gun waving issue of Vitthal Radadiya" was totally blocked by Gujarat Samachar.Not a single word on that matter.

maomao, ani82v, parijataka and 2 others like this.
  4. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

You have raised a very good point about naming of public works project in Nehru's and his descendants honour. I would like a ordinance to be issued by President or order by supreme court to put stop to this practice and rename 99% of the old projects. We should start a petition going directly to the supreme court and President of Bharatvarsh asking them to issue the order to the present central and all the State Governments in power. If, I was PM the bill will be tabled in Parliament to restrict number of projects those can be named in honour of the past public servants to two and rename the existing projects in line with the new bill( No Exception at all). If the family wants more than two than GOI should charge them the fees for the same to be decided by Parliamentary committee. The fees should be on par with the commercial advertising rates for billboards in the local area.

maomao, Raj30 and parijataka like this.
  5. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

NDA did not continue with this practise during their single term - they named schemes as `Pradhan Mantri Sadak Yojana`, `Sarv Shikshana Abhiyana`, etc. Congress back since 2004 has continued naming everything again after Nehru, Indira and Rajiv... :).

maomao, Raj30 and ani82v like this.
  6. SADAKHUSH

Thank you, I learned some thing new.

maomao likes this.
  7. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

Wow, that's good one!

Gujarat ko paise diye to koi daya-dan karte hai kya?

How much money as tax, they get from Gujarat and how many percent of it, they give back to state.....?

I wonder, center do have enough balls to give that figures in public......!

Raj30, parijataka and maomao like this.
  8. SADAKHUSH

After being exposed in numerous "Ghotala" they have lost all the balls as they melted due to the heat generated by Mr. S. Swamy, Mr. Anna Hazare and Mr. Kejriwal.