Ghost town next to the city - Inner Mongolia Wuhai, my hometown

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentperry

the pics you are posting reminds me of game SIM city... good fabulous cities but no people... please post market and plazas pics also. i wish to see the night life and after working hours of the city.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Opkeyen, are you an ethnic Mongol? If not you are one of those that China used during the ethnic cleansing of Mongols of Inner Mongolia. There is a freedom movement running there. Inner mongolia was never a part of China an taken over only in the last century by commies.

cir

Indians should thank the British for creating the modern India, which would have otherwise be a loose collection of small states each of which has its own language。India should go back to the precolonial days。:rofl:

agentperry

Indians should thank the British for creating the modern India, which would have otherwise be a loose collection of small states each of which has its own language。India should go back to the precolonial days。:rofl:
and china? what goes around comes around. nanjing!! remember....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Off course we thank them for being a reason for Uniting India. If they had not been there, the warring kingdoms would not have come together. So now what?

amoy

the pics you are posting reminds me of game SIM city... good fabulous cities but no people... please post market and plazas pics also. i wish to see the night life and after working hours of the city.
SIM City. Nice, the game was once popular here too. I still remember giving a kiss would score extra points.

I also love fabulous cities. But when Inner Mongolia is concerned a word pops up - sustainability !

To sustain cities on gobi, deserts, or oasis with fantastic gardens requires lots of, lots of water. Inner Mongolia, unlike the south where water is abundant, is quite short of water. Thus mega cities, with growing population, look like white elephants sometimes, and environmentally detrimental.

Yellow River gang dry from time to time, in part becoz water is over distributed at the upper streams. Frustrating isn't it? unless Yarlung Zangbo River can be diverted partly to the northwest.

Besides, Inner Mongolia (Wuhai or Ordos) is prospering on mining, often resulting in pollution. IMo many of those mining corps / investors (incl. southerners) are like migrant birds. The nouveau riche ain't gonna settle there once they harvest big $$$ and mines go exhausted... So those wonderful cities are likely to end up "half" empty.

Correct me if over cynical.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Opkeyen, are you an ethnic Mongol? If not you are one of those that China used during the ethnic cleansing of Mongols of Inner Mongolia. There is a freedom movement running there. Inner mongolia was never a part of China an taken over only in the last century by commies.
Best post of the day.

opkeyen

Wuhai is a desolate place, so the population is relatively small, here is the Wuhai local Photography Forum,:乌海好摄之图-乌海摄影网,乌海摄影沙龙,乌海摄影俱乐部
there are a lot of local life, if you are interested, I will post some of the local life photo

opkeyen

I am the Han people, my parents are from Chongqing, the local Han and Mongol relationship is harmonious, many of my good friend 's wife is mongolian,

Because minority preferential policies, Han and Mongolia marriage produced offspring, census register to be certified as the mongols,

The Mongols are a very peaceful nation now, compared in terms of Uighur and tibetan,。

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tharun China's Ghost Towns China 0
A Tirupur is a Ghost Town Today Economy & Infrastructure 3
A China's ghost towns China 13
alphacentury Ghost Stories & other Paranormal Experiences Members Corner 861

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles