Genetic Origins of Pakistan by Razib Khan

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Many say Pashtuns are low class Jews...but that is BS, pashtuns are as Indeic as everyone else!

Decklander

Most of your knowledge seems madarsa education. The name Afgan is derived from Ashwagan which is a sanskrit name for the outstanding horsemen. The Pustuns were known to be outstanding horsemen and also breeders of great horses. They were part of extended Hindu tribes and had familial relations with a large number of Indian Hindu Kings. right from 2500BC and during the days of Mahabharata, The king of Hastinapur, present day Delhi had two sons Puru & Kuru, The mother of Kauravas-Gandhari was a princess of Gandhar (Kandhar) and the second wife of Puru was from present day Kabul. One of the largest number of Hindu temples were in Afganistan till about 12th century. This shit about your ancestory from Arab world is a hoax created to fool you guys like during the times of soviet invasion due to wahabi money you suddenly became arabic. There is no denying the fact that Afganistan and the area of Pamir knot has been the biggest mixing ground of genes and tribes and to call any single tribe as being local in nature will be wrong. But the tribes to the south were distinctively Hindu and of sub continent DNA but the tribes to north, west, east had central asian, turkic/arab/Persian and Mongol DNA respectively. same is the case with Balochistan, they too have people of indian origin and also of persian/arab/turkic origin in them. The land called Bharat or the aryavrat had kept itself very clean of the dirt of the world.
Lastly, please read a bit on web, there was never any Aryan invasion and that the word Arya itself is native to only sanskrit language. This word does not form part of anyother language anywhr in the world except sanskrit till 18th century.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Beta @farhan_9909 from your links

"A branch of the Wattu Rajputs of the Sutlej by an affection of peculiar sanctity, have in the course of a few generations become Bodeas and now deny their Rajput and claim Qureshi origin. There is a Kharral family lately settled in Bahawalpur who have begun to affect peculiar holiness and to marry only with each other and their next step will certainly be to claim Arab descent."

" But all in all, the foreign Muslim ancestory element among Punjabis does not exceed more than 20% of their population."

"According to the Punjab Gazetteer, the Arains of sahiwal District themselves pointed out that they are Surajbansi Rajputs originally settled around Delhi. Arains of Ghaggar Valley say that they were Rajputs living on the Panjnad near Multan. Mr. Pursr writes that they are usually supposed to be Muslim Kambohs. the Jullander Arains themselves say that they are descended from Rai Chajju of Ujjain. Kambohs claim descent from Raja Keran who was related to him."

And all these "sources" are more than a century old, and further the links themselves have expired and are serving a cache.

Latest Genetic Studies have proven that Pashtuns despite speaking a language from the Iranian branch of Indo-European family, are indeed Indic and not Iranian.

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
There is many a slip betwixt cup and lip — Ishtiaq Ahmed

To the great credit of the founders of modern India, they did not base its legal and constitutional systems on the Manusmriti. Therefore their democratic experiment truly fascinates me. The caste system is crumbling under the combined impact of industrialisation, urbanisation and democratisation. If the experiment proceeds successfully it will represent the biggest social revolution in South Asia in the last 3,000 years

Last week, I made a general projection that if the Indian and Pakistani political establishments and power elites continue with friendly overtures and confidence building measures then the hostility between our two states can come to an end in the years ahead and they can start functioning as normal, good neighbours with a mutual stake in each other's well-being and welfare.

But isn't all this just a chimera? Wouldn't we soon be witnessing the opposite when another round of zero-sum games over the Siachen glacier and water sharing and Kashmir follows? What is particularly promising about the present situation? After all the two ruling classes have played footsie in the past. Just when the liaison was about to be made public they got cold feet and started accusing each other of being a fickle paramour instead.

I am tempted to suggest that the Americans will exercise their influence on both sides so that they fall into line with the overall geopolitical interests of the only omnipresent superpower in the world. However, such an argument should not be taken too far because I believe both sides can evade compliance with US strategic thinking and planning under one pretext or another. Ultimately the will to build peace must come from within the two establishments.

I saw recently on an Indian channel, Zee TV, that the price of land and real estate on the Indian side at the Attari border has soared. Some years ago Pakistani brigadiers and generals were said to have bought land on the Wagah side. The result has been a dramatic increase in prices on Pakistani side too. The rumour is that this represents an effort to keep the peace dividend literally in the pockets of those who previously drew capital out of war.

So, I suppose we who have always believed that peace is good and will benefit even the ordinary people have a reason to be upbeat despite being aware of the hurdles along the way. These will have to be crossed before the peace of the ruling classes becomes a positive gain for the ordinary people.

Having said this, I must admit that there is no doubt in my mind that apart from the ruling classes and their interests there are ideological forces on both sides which would do everything to keep the two countries at loggerheads. Let me share with you some of my experiences of such people.

Every week, without fail, I receive emails from fictitious Hindus called Bisvas and Yadav (and some other similar names) — surnames of ordinary Hindu castes who really would have little or nothing against Muslims and Islam — reminding me that my ancestors betrayed Hinduism when they converted to Islam; that we are quislings of foreign invaders.

Mr Reginald Massey who is familiar with the way the Hindu Right operates is of the opinion that it is probably some Muslim-hating upper caste individual feigning an ordinary identity to indicate that all sections of Hindus hate Muslims. The bottom line is that the idea of India-Pakistan peace is a non-starter because there can be no peace between rational Hindus and emotional Muslims!

I also receive nasty emails from self-righteous Muslim fundamentalists who call me a Hindu lover and/or an Indian agent. They remind me that Islam came to India to wipe out idolatry and my ancestors must have converted to Islam because it was the better religion and social order.

When it comes to explaining why my ancestors might have converted to Islam, I think the latter explanation is more convincing. Even a cursory look into the Manusmriti (which the Hindu apologists would like us to believe was never applied all over India) tells me that I am better off as a Muslim than if I were as a Hindu because Jats, Arains, Gujjars and other agriculturists enjoy a better status under Islam and Sikhism than under orthodox Brahminism.

Additionally, the Arain group, to which I belong, claims Arab extraction. The strongest argument in favour of this claim is that Arains are always Muslims and almost entirely Sunnis as were the early Arabs who came with Muhammad bin Qasim. On the other hand, agricultural castes of Jats, Gujjars and Rajputs are divided into Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs. It is worth mentioning however that some early Arain accounts claim a Surajbansi Rajput origin and some trace their origin to Persia. The Arab-origin claim can be simply a re-orientation towards a (perceived) greater status as conquerors and "original" Muslims. Unfortunately, Arabs view all Pakistanis as dirt — our real and imaginary claims of kinship with them notwithstanding.

Personally I believe that like the other farming castes of the Punjab and Haryana the Arains are a mix of many ethnies and races. Most are small- and middle-level farmers although there are also some real big landlords around Lahore, Faisalabad and Sahiwal. I can hardly imagine them wanting a return to the Hindu caste order.

To the great credit of the founders of modern India, they did not base its legal and constitutional systems on the Manusmriti. Therefore their democratic experiment truly fascinates me. Professor Satish Saberwal and Professor Dipankar Gupta, good friends of mine, tell me that the caste system is crumbling under the combined impact of industrialisation, urbanisation and democratisation.

If the experiment proceeds successfully it will represent the biggest social revolution in South Asia in the last 3,000 years.

Will the Hindu Right not put up great resistance to it just as it does to friendship with Pakistan? I think it will with all the brute force at its disposal. Currently, the Muslim Right deploys violence to oppose a modern, pluralist democracy in Pakistan. Fortunately the narrow, intolerant and morbid worldviews of both the Hindu Right and the Muslim Right do not represent the vast majority of people on both sides.

Most emails that I receive from India and Pakistan — from Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Christians and others — are of the positive type and include all castes (most prominently modern-educated Brahmins) and biradaris. Therefore the hope is that a new South Asia — democratic, pluralist and egalitarian — will materialise. But many subversive plots will be hatched against it before that happens. We should be ready to thwart them.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
Nonsensical piece of a typical Pakistani with deceptive title to lure bloggers always looking for 'jara hatke' thoughts, treated with subtle Muslim bashing but the real message is to bash upper cast Hindus, Brahmis who with fake names conspiring against peace between India and Pakistan and upliftment of dalits. wow !

The muslman from Pakistan has really got ideas from out of his ass, it seems. The conspiracy theory ridden Pakistani is convinced that Biswas and Yadavs will have no hatred for Pakistani Muslims (reasons not given) and people with these surnames are actually upper cast hindus ?

The mischief monger is right on it's job to plant traction between Indians that by his rant the great upliftment of Dalits which is so in full throttle in India (some how, since 60 odd years) will be jeopardized by upper cast Hindus now, like they have been derailing the peace between India and Pakistan ?

One must ask this Pakistani if the upliftment is so successful then why it has been not jeopardized by Upper cast Hindus so far who voted for such constitutional laws and schedules in the first place. How mentioning sins of gazi Pakistan army who has repeated back stabbed India is not worth a paragraph in his diatribe.

Why that thug gave reference of Manusimrity, is still not being comprehended by me ?

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pashtun starts from King Saul/Talot or Qaid abdur rashid

he had 4 son.batani,lohani,karlani and ghilzai

Karlani are the largest and makes upto 40% of total pashtun of today.Considered the most independent nature pashtun.
Major karlani tribes are
Wazir
mahsood
afridi
orakzai
banusi
bangash
khattak
or in short this chart

the rest of the history of they being indic or hindu once is Total BS

Decklander

The word pustoon has its origin in Paktiya. The people of this place spoke a language which in those days was called Pakhto language and the people who spoke this language came to be known as pukhtoon which over a period of time became pushto and pustoon. This language is spoken in areas of Paktika, paktia, bannu, kandhar, Kabul, Peshawar, NWFP and FATA.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Beta @farhan_9909 from your links

"A branch of the Wattu Rajputs of the Sutlej by an affection of peculiar sanctity, have in the course of a few generations become Bodeas and now deny their Rajput and claim Qureshi origin. There is a Kharral family lately settled in Bahawalpur who have begun to affect peculiar holiness and to marry only with each other and their next step will certainly be to claim Arab descent."

" But all in all, the foreign Muslim ancestory element among Punjabis does not exceed more than 20% of their population."

"According to the Punjab Gazetteer, the Arains of sahiwal District themselves pointed out that they are Surajbansi Rajputs originally settled around Delhi. Arains of Ghaggar Valley say that they were Rajputs living on the Panjnad near Multan. Mr. Pursr writes that they are usually supposed to be Muslim Kambohs. the Jullander Arains themselves say that they are descended from Rai Chajju of Ujjain. Kambohs claim descent from Raja Keran who was related to him."

And all these "sources" are more than a century old, and further the links themselves have expired and are serving a cache.

Latest Genetic Studies have proven that Pashtuns despite speaking a language from the Iranian branch of Indo-European family, are indeed Indic and not Iranian.

many such theories are made.but none of them are true

there are theories of pashtun being from ten lost tribes of israel or rajput or central asian or many such more but all of them are BS
Theory of Pashtun descent from Israelites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pashtun people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

all such theories are BS

Last edited by a moderator:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
The word pustoon has its origin in Paktiya. The people of this place spoke a language which in those days was called Pakhto language and the people who spoke this language came to be known as pukhtoon which over a period of time became pushto and pustoon. This language is spoken in areas of Paktika, paktia, bannu, kandhar, Kabul, Peshawar, NWFP and FATA.
Ok tell me why pashto is not similar to any indian language?

Decklander

Karlani are the largest and makes upto 40% of total pashtun of today.Considered the most independent nature pashtun.
Major karlani tribes are
Wazir
mahsood
afridi
orakzai
banusi
bangash
khattak
or in short this chart

Jai Ho, anpi history kee maa behan karnay kay liyeh kaleja chahiyeh. So who lived in these parts before that and who fought Alexender as Hindus till he was supported by the punjabi Ambhi? Woh kaun thay?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@hit&run

One thing he said which made a lot of sense, there can be no peace between rational hindus and emotional muslims.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Jai Ho, anpi history kee maa behan karnay kay liyeh kaleja chahiyeh. So who lived in these parts before that and who fought Alexender as Hindus till he was supported by the punjabi Ambhi? Woh kaun thay?
Well the punjabi porus from ancient pakistan fought with the alexender in jhelum,pakistan

Pashtun certainly had there own religion.named pashto back than.and some of them followed the iranian religion

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
@hit&run

One thing he said which made a lot of sense, there can be no peace between rational hindus and emotional muslims.
I am so convinced that you agree with him word by word. :p

BTW I have done my bit and you are doing your bit for the stuff you highlighted (bold).

Adding later : I thought the article I quoted (my first post) was OP.

Last edited:

Decklander

Ok tell me why pashto is not similar to any indian language?
You will be shocked to know that a very large number of words of Pushto have sanskrit in them but over a period of time those words have been mixed with other languages and their pronunciation has changed. If you read the Sikander-Porus battle as written by greeks, you will find mention of pustoons in that also as they fought on his side and they have been given a complete chapter about their fighting abilities especially when mounted on a horse. But they lost to Porus as we knew how to fight them.

Pashto language -- Encyclopedia Britannica
Pashto language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AND THE EYE OPENER FOR YOU.
Pre-Islamic scripts in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Major karlani tribes are
Wazir
mahsood
afridi
orakzai
banusi
bangash
khattak
or in short this chart

Farhan rora, Genetics do not support that. You are Indic.
There is a 200$ test in India (I am not sure about Pakistan) which will analyze your DNA. Get it done, and prove that you are not Indic.

==

Gujarati_B = Sample of the most Indic Subcontinental

BLUE = Indian Subcontinent Origin
YELLOW = East Asian Origin
RED = European Origin
PINK = Druze Origin
GREEN = Southern Middle Eastern Origin

What we see is that Pathans have a majority Indic blood.
==

Decklander

Well the punjabi porus from ancient pakistan fought with the alexender in jhelum,pakistan

Pashtun certainly had there own religion.named pashto back than.and some of them followed the iranian religion
Ab yeh padho aur doob maro.
Pre-Islamic Hindu and Buddhist heritage of Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hatred does strange things to people and one of them is that it takes away rational thinking. I don't even know you. I don't hate you but truly speaking I love fingering you bcoz you hate me for reasons which can't be attributed to any of my acts or my religion.

Reactions: VIP

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I am so convinced that you agree with him word by word. :p

BTW I have done my bit and you are doing your bit for the stuff you highlighted (bold).

Adding later : I thought the article I quoted (my first post) was OP.
I don't quite get you.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
You will be shocked to know that a very large number of words of Pushto have sanskrit in them but over a period of time those words have been mixed with other languages and their pronunciation has changed. If you read the Sikander-Porus battle as written by greeks, you will find mention of pustoons in that also as they fought on his side and they have been given a complete chapter about their fighting abilities especially when mounted on a horse. But they lost to Porus as we knew how to fight them.

Pashto language -- Encyclopedia Britannica
Pashto language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AND THE EYE OPENER FOR YOU.
Pre-Islamic scripts in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
could be but very few words

but a pashto speaker can understand some parts of dari.and can learn dari very quickly if wants to.

Pashto at best is closest to dari of afghanistan at the moment

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Even Burusho and Kalash who are blonds and blue eyed living in Isolation in Pakistans North West region turned out not to be Europeans or Greek/Macedonians

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles