Funeral prayer held for Kasab in Kashmir Valley

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Hundreds of people today offered funeral-in-absentia or 'gaibana nimaz-e-jinaza' for Mumbai terror attack convict Ajmal Kasab who was hanged in Pune's Yerwada Jail on Wednesday.

Hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Geelani had appealed to people to hold his funeral prayers. Kasab's funeral was offered today afternoon at the city's Barzulla area. The people also offered funeral-in-absentia for Palestinians killed in Israeli air strikes on Gaza.

A resident of the Barzulla neighbourhood said people from two mosques gathered at the local Eidgah to offer prayers for Palestinians and Kasab.

Kasab's hanging was largely ignored by the mainstream and separatist leadership in Kashmir who chose to remain silent over the incident.

Through a video message released on Thursday evening, Geelani had appealed to the people to protest against the Israeli air strikes on Gaza after the Friday congregational prayers.

"Funeral prayers should be held for (Palestinian) martyrs and Kasab should also be remembered. Nimaz-e-Jinaza (funeral prayers) should also be offered to him," Geelani said in the video message.

In May 2011, Geelani had led hundreds of people in the city's Batamaloo neighbourhood to offer funeral prayers for Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, days after he was killed in a US raid in Pakistan.

Strict restrictions were imposed across Srinagar city to scuttle any attempt by Shiite mourners to take out a procession to mourn the "martyrdom" of Imam Hussain.

Shiite mourners clashed with the police near Batamaloo after their procession was intercepted. The mourners threw stones at the police and paramilitary personnel and the clash continued throughout the day. The police detained a number of mourners.

Source The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Jammu & Kashmir

blank_quest

Country flag
What's weird is that news is one week old, but this is the only mainstream source I could find
Our MSM (Main Stream Media) is pure WKK. I have no doubt. They will do ,every year, Aman ka Tamasha and bring "Musharaff" kind of people- the Kargil War Designer - to India's land for "Solution finding Mission". :bs:

Last edited:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
If Ajmal Kasab was hanged for "Waging war on India", then can't Geelani also be thrown in jail at the very least for "sedition", "supporting terrorist activities" etc? I'm sure there must be some provision in the law to throw him in jail and keep him there!

If this were the Chinese or Russians, Geelani wouldn't have lasted a week. Either he'd be thrown in a gulag or laogai and worked to death or simply a bullet to the head.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
If Ajmal Kasab was hanged for "Waging war on India", then can't Geelani also be thrown in jail at the very least for "sedition", "supporting terrorist activities" etc? I'm sure there must be some provision in the law to throw him in jail and keep him there!

If this were the Chinese or Russians, Geelani wouldn't have lasted a week. Either he'd be thrown in a gulag or laogai and worked to death or simply a bullet to the head.
Geeelani is an Indian agent they say. No wonder he has never met the noose himself as he deserved.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Geeelani is an Indian agent they say. No wonder he has never met the noose himself as he deserved.
I think by letting him roam free, they maintain the peace (don't want terrorists taking revenge) and spy on him/his contacts with Pakistan for intel. If he's in jail, he will be useless.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
the very fact that we have to jhalo such type of people speaks lot of our country. Had it been China or Pak, he would have been vanished for ever.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
And people still ask, "why do you target the community?"

JBH22

Where are T-90 we purchased would be nice to have em on streets

Robert_Ali_Venkat_Singh

WTF........... I know the govt is busy arresting the people who post in face book than looking into this
FB people are 'normal people', who need to be taught lessons :taunt:

The people who are doing this in Kashmir are politicians themselves. Why would they arrest someone like them who plays with words and emotions. He is just doing his job.

regards
RAVS

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Gross misrepresentation of the situation. Geelani is a known pro Pak separatist. Please DO NOT compare him with the rest of Indian Muslims.
or the rest of Kashmiri muslims. He speaks for the wahabbi elements.

And yes in fact he is an Indian agent. And I'll give you a hint why is that ? After this move what do you think the world thinks of Kashmiri separatists ;)

trackwhack

or the rest of Kashmiri muslims. He speaks for the wahabbi elements.

And yes in fact he is an Indian agent. And I'll give you a hint why is that ? After this move what do you think the world thinks of Kashmiri separatists ;)
If that were indeed the case then the media should have talked about it to let the world know what happenned. Since there are not any foreign media sources writing about it, that purpose is not met.

Tronic

What's weird is that news is one week old, but this is the only mainstream source I could find
Geelani, and I bet those few hundred who showed were none other than his own Jamaati party members.

It makes perfect sense for him to be an Indian agent. Holding prayers for an open terrorist like Kasab known for gunning down civilians only further discredits and de-legitimizes the Kashmiri militants. ;)

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
If that were indeed the case then the media should have talked about it to let the world know what happenned. Since there are not any foreign media sources writing about it, that purpose is not met.
This news was surpressed to prevent a fallout. Offering prayers for Kasab means all bets are off.

Not all news is meant for public consumption. And from what I have heard, Geelani regulary begs the state govt to place him in custody due to security concerns ;).

trackwhack

This news was surpressed to prevent a fallout. Offering prayers for Kasab means all bets are off.

Not all news is meant for public consumption. And from what I have heard, Geelani regulary begs the state govt to place him in custody due to security concerns ;).
If not the public, who else needs to see the real face of Kashmiri separatists? I just wish to see him dead, as it would symbolically end the separatist movement.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I will say the 'gaibana nimaz-e-jinaza' for the Hurriyat leaders as they perish from this earth one by one like over dated houseflies!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles