Four with terror links held in Bihar

KS

Bye bye DFI
The Hindu : States / Other States : Four with terror links held in Bihar

The Bihar police have apprehended four persons, including two from Jammu and Kashmir, on suspicion of maintaining links with a cross-border terror outfit.

The men were arrested near Basmatia village in Araria district near the India-Nepal border.

Police sources said the men, whose voter identity cards identified them as Siraj Ahmed Butt and Naseer Ahmed, hailed from Shopian district in Kashmir.

Their accomplice, Mohammed Shahabuddin, was now residing in Nepal's Sursani district, which forms part of the Kosi basin running along the porous India-Nepal border.

The fourth person, Virendra Mandal, who belongs to Supaul district, has been held for questioning on grounds that he was ferrying the men from Shopian during the past week.

"It was Mandal who ferried the duo to places such as Forbesganj in the district before dropping them at the Nepal border. They were nabbed along with Shahabuddin on their re-entry to India via the Bihar border at Araria," Araria Superintendent of Police Shivdeep Lande told The Hindu.

He said that throughout his interrogation, Mandal denied knowing the identities of the two men, insisting that he was acting on his neighbour's instructions.

This fifth man was now under surveillance in Supaul, sources said.

The district police have been put on high alert since the intimation of a terror threat to blow up Raxaul and other railway stations along the Bihar-Nepal border earlier last month, with intelligence reports suggesting that a team of eight terrorists had sneaked into the State through the border.
Bihar it seems is the latest staging ground for jihadi terrorism.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Hey stop being communal. You are not supposed to post these links in India. All Muslims want peace in the country. No one wants terrorism inside the country. The word SIMI(student islamic movement of India) and and IM(Indian Mujahideen) should be banned, because they affect muslim sensitivity(???) of our country. They all are Pakistani muslims(!!????) and agents of ISI(???). So stop spreading news about Islamic terror. You always say it was terror by Hindu groups posing as terrorists(????) as our dig vijay singh says. We should protect muslim sensitivities with our life(???) if thats what it takes(i mean seriously??).

Ok so i have openly complained about the atrocities and baseless fears(ha ha ha) against muslim fanatism(note muslim fanatism not muslims as whole). So dont call me a fear mongerer. I am a SECULARIST( not a brian washed one though)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles