Flood-hit Pakistan unlikely to hit growth target

ifii

Tihar Jail
Banned
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Pakistan is unlikely to reach its target of 4.5 percent economic growth due to the worst floods in its history, the Asian Development Bank said.

More...

Agantrope

Only there will be hit when ther is a growth :D
:emot15:
Bhava pichchaandhi :D

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
There was a report that due to the current floods the economy of Pakistan will contract by 10-20%, then I wonder how will its economy grow in the first place and that too at 3.5%. Any numbers coming out of Pakistan should always be taken with a bucket of salt as they have in past fudged the economy figures to show fake growth rates.

Param

There was a report that due to the current floods the economy of Pakistan will contract by 10-20%, then I wonder how will its economy grow in the first place and that too at 3.5%. Any numbers coming out of Pakistan should always be taken with a bucket of salt as they have in past fudged the economy figures to show fake growth rates.
WOW, 10-20%, that's great news for India. But I doubt the pak economy would be affected so badly.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
WOW, 10-20%, that's great news for India. But I doubt the pak economy would be affected so badly.
Their economy is like $180 billion or so. $30 billion loss will easily set off their economy by 10%. Almost 20% of the country is under water. The money needed for relief, rehabilitation and redevelopment will be a lot, not to mention the material loss of homes, furniture, domestic cattle and stored food grains.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles