Fixing the Education system

Aayush

This comes from a student(me)
1.Instead of Final exams,give a major test every 4 months of 30 marks(currently it is 1 exam with 90 marks),so if you really screw up in one exam,you are not screwed for life...
2.Abolish percentage system completely,bring in Grades.For 12th class only use CGPA
3.USE CCE!!!
4.Ban corporal punishment,make it a criminal offence.
That's it.It would really reduce suicides in Schools

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I am not in favour for banning corporal punishment. I dont like grades system either (but that is because i got second best grade instead of first because of 0.25% and that reduced the value of my degree)

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
This comes from a student(me)
1.Instead of Final exams,give a major test every 4 months of 30 marks(currently it is 1 exam with 90 marks),so if you really screw up in one exam,you are not screwed for life...
It will cause logistic nightmare. So. No.

The present education system is very good, except for the few much needed infrastructural improvements. Nothing more is needed. The present "I lost my whole life by one mark " fiasco is closely tied to the economy. Think about it. If we have enough jobs , then the loss of whole life because of one single day problem wont be there. But we can always have the tests more flexible with arrear systems, in case some one misses the test because of unavoidable reasons

2.Abolish percentage system completely,bring in Grades.For 12th class only use CGPA
This will bring down the competitiveness and quality of education. No way we should go to that Grade system, just because it is followed in the USA. Think about it. Without competition , nothing will improve.

4.Ban corporal punishment,make it a criminal offence.
That's it.It would really reduce suicides in Schools
Corparal punishments are indeed a bane to Indian schools, but do we have an alternative really? May be we can reduce the harshness of the punishments, but taking away punishments altogether is a very bad idea, dont you think? Seriously though if not for a few "corrections" now and then from my parents I dont think I would have got to the position I am in now-:truestory:,

By a fellow student :p

lcatejas

For fixing the Education we need educated minister .....:cool2:

Global Defence

Articles