Firing at a Gurudwara in US, several people shot: Reports

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
that's the sad part sikh around the world has so much money and SGPC has billion $$$$$$ but nothing has done in this regard after 9/11..\\\

sikhs can collaborate with jews who owns most of american media.

but sardaro ke pass dimag ho tab na:tsk::tsk::tsk:
Yeah, I also believe Jews will be more than willing to help us out! Chatwal can initiate this process or he is also bitten by secular bug?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Even if this was a psycho attack, its a BIG concern in the gun totting American culture.It seems like too many psycho are walking on US streets who could purchase massive arms/ammunition on internet.The recent example is "James Holmes Batman Massacre"

You can't write off deaths of innocents because the attackers were psycho. A related fact is that number of prisoners in US in increasing day by day and highest in the world.
I would ask you to show where I have "written off" the death of the innocents, if you can't then don't make such accusations.
I was asking people to have patience till a clearer picture of what is happening/happened emerges so that justice can be rendered, but I think in your dictionary, patience is synonymous with weakness. In any case I have more confidence in American Law enforcement than with the Law enforcement and Judicial System back home.

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
From reddit:

I live about three minutes from the scene. What I think happened is someone thought it was a Ramadan celebration, and they wound up hitting the wrong place. People around here literally do not know the difference between Sikhs and Muslims. According to someone on the scene at least three people have been killed. It's not been confirmed. Sorry, if this is incoherent, there's a family in my neighborhood who goes to that temple. Not one house but like three or four.

I am from Oak Creek and there's some things I'd like you to know about the place. I had a lot of issues growing up because I very much take after the gypsies and Jews in my family. There were lots of families that brought over old country hatred. We've had problems with our neighbors throwing trash in our yard after parties, getting rock thrown at us, and it eventually escalated to our ally across the street needing to resort to pulling a gun on the other neighbors. As a young kid I can remember older people would hate stare me. I wasn't allowed in virtually anyone's house, not even for a glass of water. We just had to drink from the hoses when I was over. Not everyone but there was definitely that vibe throughout the community.

My high school class recently had a five year reunion and no Muslims or Sikhs were invited. If you don't look and act white people will have a problem with you.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I would ask you to show where I have "written off" the death of the innocents, if you can't then don't make such accusations.

I'm asking people to have patience till a clearer picture of what is happening/happened emerges so that justice can be rendered, but I think in your dictionary, patience is synonymous with weakness. In any case I have more confidence in American Law enforcement than with the Law enforcement and Judicial System back home.
Don't take things on your heart, I didn't mean to say "you" ie "Razor". It was a general "you". The point is that even if it was not a racist attack it's a big concern of the gun totting country whose social structure is torn apart.

And yes, the judiciary here and US is still poles apart.:sad:

Blackwater

iam also surprised the amount of coverage american media has given to this incident never been given before

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Update at 4:14 p.m. ET:

Police have finished sweeps inside the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wis., to insure there was not a second shooter and they are now making sweeps of cars outside, CNN is reporting. One of the reasons they are studying the vehicles is to see if they can find the vehicle the shooter used to reach the scene, if that is how he traveled, according to CNN.

President Obama, who initially received word on the incident from John Brennan, homeland security adviser, is continuing to receive updates, according to the White House press office.

Authorities plan to hold another update for reporters at 4:30 p.m. ET, CNN has reported.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Don't take things on your heart, I didn't mean to say "you" ie "Razor". It was a general "you".
Okay.

The point is that even if it was not a racist attack it's a big concern of the gun totting country whose social structure is torn apart.
I feel that a person could get a hold of firearms, in spite of stringent Gun Control Laws. But yes, he/she can not do it using his/her mouse at home.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Obama has released a statement too
Update at 4:41 p.m. ET:

The White House has issued a statement regarding the shooting at the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wis.:

"Michelle and I were deeply saddened to learn of the shooting that tragically took so many lives in Wisconsin," read the statement issued by President Obama. "At this difficult time, the people of Oak Creek must know that the American people have them in our thoughts and prayers, and our hearts go out to the families and friends of those who were killed and wounded. My Administration will provide whatever support is necessary to the officials who are responding to this tragic shooting and moving forward with an investigation. As we mourn this loss which took place at a house of worship, we are reminded how much our country has been enriched by Sikhs, who are a part of our broader American family."

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
First thing first....Sikhs should start educating whites the difference between ----- Sikhs and Osama/Taliban/Al-Qaida!

The diffentiating factor could be what CNN said (Sikh orgs. should make a note) ------- Sikhs are Born out of Hindus to Fight Muslims! If this point gets across the whites, I believe there will be a significant improvement.....Secdly, Sikhs should avoid being found with pakis and their protests ---- Dal Khalasa type orgs. which display solidarity with pakis and ISI create more confusion among Sikhs than whites!
Sikhs were Hindus but NOT born to fight muslims, this is a wrong information.The initial Sikh Gurus were basically saints and wanted to bridge the gap between Hindu and Muslims ie. the Ram/Rahim theory as well as saving the Hindu community from Caste/Untouchability crap. The followers of Sikh Gurus were Hindus and many Muslims as well.It was only the last few Gurus who were actually forced to fight to protect Hindus from cruel and forced conversions by muslims.Sikhs are not against Muslims, they only stood against forced conversions.There were lot of muslims leaders in the army of Ranjit Singh.So the generalization of Sikhs=Anti-Muslim is wrong.

Since you asked... I guess we should try our bit and not leave things on Sikh Organizations since they don't seems to get time from daily chores and collecting funds/gaddis.

Let me give you an example.I usually take my foreign friends to various places where they can learn the main 4 religions which originated in India(Hinduism/Sikhism/Jainism/Buddhism).I take them to these places and it includes Gurudwara as well and I tell them all the history/geography about Sikhism and how to differentiate Gurudwara from other religious places.After knowing all that they have started giving respect to not only Sikhism but to the other 3 religions as well otherwise Hindus for them is only Caste and Cow worshipers.The last one I showed around was a White German girl last week who even wrote notes about Sikhism in her notebook while we sat in Bangla Sahib Gurudwara for 2 hours.

I have seen how much concern GoI has for it's own citizens in India. Sikhs 84 = no justice. Kashmiri Pandits = no justice. WTF is GoI going to do, apart from say a few empty words just for the sake of it.
That's a sad truth. :tsk:

But that should not mean that India should keep silence.

Blackwater

Obama has released a statement too

Obama, Romney express condolences on Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting

(CBS News) In the wake of the news that at least 7 people were shot at a Sikh temple outside of Milwaukee, both President Obama and Mitt Romney expressed their condolences Sunday.
"Michelle and I were deeply saddened to learn of the shooting that tragically took so many lives in Wisconsin. At this difficult time, the people of Oak Creek must know that the American people have them in our thoughts and prayers, and our hearts go out to the families and friends of those who were killed and wounded," the president said in a written statement.

"My Administration will provide whatever support is necessary to the officials who are responding to this tragic shooting and moving forward with an investigation. As we mourn this loss which took place at a house of worship, we are reminded how much our country has been enriched by Sikhs, who are a part of our broader American family."

A White House official said Mr. Obama was notified of the Wisconsin shooting shortly before 1 p.m. by his Homeland Security Advisor, John Brennan.

Meantime, the Romney campaign released a written statement from Mitt Romney.

"Ann and I extend our thoughts and prayers to the victims of today's shooting in Wisconsin. This was a senseless act of violence and a tragedy that should never befall any house of worship. Our hearts are with the victims, their families, and the entire Oak Creek Sikh community. We join Americans everywhere in mourning those who lost their lives and in prayer for healing in the difficult days ahead."

God bless american govt:usa::usa::usa::usa:

salute to obama and our pappu manmohan ,who is still sleeping

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Sikhs were Hindus but NOT born to fight muslims, this is a wrong information.
I'm stressing here at a differentiating factor, to be taught to the west/whites - so that Sikhs do not get butchered for the wrong deeds of islamic people and islam!

Secondly, update your knowledge on Khalsa Panth ----- that's the real differentiating factor - making Sikhs an entity/Religion way away from islam and to be honest on the collision course with it (atleast historically)!

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Update at 5:10 p.m. ET:

The press conference by law enforcement has started.

The officer is undergoing surgery and expected to recover, Oak Creek, Wis., Police Chief John Edwards says. Another officer did engage the shooter and that engagement resulted in the shooter being hit, Edwards said.

"It stopped a tragic event that could have been a lot worse," Edwards said.

Authorities are treating this as a domestic terrorism incident. The FBI, ATF, district attorney and local sheriff's office are involved, according to Edwards.

They will hold another press conference most likely at 10 a.m. local time Monday morning, he said.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I'm stressing here at a differentiating factor, to be taught to the west/whites!

Secondly, update your knowledge on Khalsa Panth ----- that's the real differentiating factor - making Sikhs an entity/Religion way away from islam and to be honest on the collision course with it (atleast historically)!
Which update did I miss? :confused:

Khalsa Panth doesn't preach any anti-Islam or Anti-ReligionX stuff.They started from being anti-Caste,anti-Touchability,anti-Rituals and anti-Idol Worshiping which was widely practiced by Hindus but Sikhs were not anti-Hindu.

No doubt that later on the collision with muslims happened but that was only when there were forced conversions and ethnic cleansing of Hindus. It's not that Sikhs went on to destroy mosques and killed muslims. Sikhs faced Islamic extremism centuries ago which the west is facing today. This is indeed a common ground we can teach the whites.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles