http://www.invictusforsenate.com/

Augustus Sol Invictus
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Augustus Sol Invictus
Born
Austin Mitchell Gillespie
July 31, 1983 (age 32)
Ohio, United States
Alma mater University of South Florida (B.A)
DePaul University (J.D)
Occupation Politician, Attorney
Political party Libertarian Party
Religion Thelemite
Children 4
Website Official website
Augustus Sol Invictus (Latin: majestic unconquered sun; born July 31, 1983) is an attorney and United States Senate candidate in the 2016 Florida election, running as a Libertarian.

Contents
[hide]

Early life[edit]
Augustus Sol Invictus was born Austin Mitchell Gillespie on July 31, 1983 in the state of Ohio.[1]

Career[edit]
While in law school, Augustus earned a fellowship at the International Human Rights Law Institute. His work centered on international criminal law and the laws of armed conflict.[2]

Invictus graduated from the University of South Florida with Philosophy honors with a BA. From there he went to DePaul University College of Law and graduated in 2011. He says he has been admitted to the Bar at Florida, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, and the Middle District of Florida in the US District Court.[3]

He is the managing director of Imperium, P.A., the law firm he founded in 2013.[2]

Campaign[edit]
On May 19, 2015, Invictus announced his campaign for the U.S Senate as a candidate for the Libertarian Party in the 2016 Florida election.[4]

In response to Invictus's campaign, Adrian Wyllie resigned from his position as chairman of the Libertarian Party of Florida, calling Invictus a "violent Fascist and Neo-Nazi" whose ideology was incompatible with libertarianism and saying he did not want to be part of the same party. The chairman also accused Invictus of supporting eugenics and for “sadistically dismembering a goat in a ritualistic sacrifice”.[5][6]

Invictus responded by admitting he once wrote a paper advocating eugenics but has since changed his mind.[7][8][9] He admits he sacrificed the animal as part of a pagan ritual to give thanks for surviving a pilgrimage he undertook in October 2013 but denies it was "sadistic".[10]

He has also said that he is not white supremacist, citing the fact that his four children are Hispanic. His campaign has received support from white supremacists.[11] In 2014 he acted as attorney for Marcus Faella of the American Front in his legal appeal.[12]

Controversy[edit]
Call to War[edit]
Since the beginning of Invictus' campaign, it has been surrounded by controversy. A letter[13] written by Invictus in 2013 came to light in which he denounced his citizenship and claimed to have plans of venturing out in the woods only to return bringing war:

"I have prophesied for years that I was born for a Great War; that if I did not witness the coming of the Second American Civil War I would begin it myself. Mark well: That day is fast coming upon you. On the New Moon of May, I shall disappear into the Wilderness. I will return bearing Revolution, or I will not return at all."

Antifa and Denied Entry to Canada[edit]
On March 1, 2016, Augustus Invictus stopped in Portland, OR on his way to Canada for a speaking engagement. He was met by the Rose City Antifa, an anti-fascist organization, who organized protests against Invictus.[14] The group successfully lobbied businesses where Invictus planned to meet with other far right neo-fascists and were able to divert him from one location. Invictus called the police when confronted by Antifa protesters at another location later in the night.

Canadian Border Service Agents held Augustus Invictus for three hours upon his arrival in Canada to question him on his ties to neo-fascist and neo-nazi organizations.[15] Citing a planned protest by Canadian members of Antifa, the border agents denied entry to Invictus.

Policy positions[edit]
Foreign Policy[edit]
Invictus believes that the United States should embrace a non-interventionist approach to foreign policy, citing the cost an interventionist approach has caused to loss of American lives and trillions of dollars in debt. However, he does not think an isolationist foreign policy is completely appropriate either. He opposes using the U.S military to interfere in the affairs of sovereign nations.[16]

Monetary Policy[edit]
Invictus advocates for balancing the budget, shrinking the size of government, ceasing reckless government spending and deregulating American business. He is also in favor of repealing the individual income tax, abolishing the IRS and recreating the tax code.[17]

Social policy[edit]
Immigration[edit]
According to Invictus, he does not support mass immigration and is against open borders for the United States.[18] However, he supports policies that would streamline the process of immigration and naturalization so that immigrants who wish to integrate and work in America can do so with ease.[19]

Abortion[edit]
Invictus believes that abortion should be illegal in most circumstances.[3]

Drug War[edit]
Invictus is opposed to the War on Drugs and has labeled it a failure. He supports repealing the Controlled Substances Act and abolishing the DEA.[20]

Energy and the Environment[edit]
Invictus believes that America should find alternative forms of energy so as to reduce U.S dependence on foreign energy. He does not believe there should be a trade off between economic freedom and the destruction of the environment.[21][22]

Personal life[edit]
Invictus has four children.[23] He is an independent Thelemite and a former member of the Ordo Templi Orientis.[24] In 2013, he undertook a pilgrimage and walked from Orlando, Florida to the Mojave Desert; in a ritual of thanks for his survival, he sacrificed a goat and drank its blood.[11]

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
...............................................................................................

Yes, This Libertarian Senate Candidate Really Did Sacrifice a Goat and Drink Its Blood

Everything you need to know about Florida Senate candidate Augustus Sol Invictus

INVICTUSFORSENATE.COM
I know it's crazy. Here is an explanation:

Wait, what happened?
For those who don't know, Florida Senate candidate Augustus Sol Invictus (the only member of the Libertarian Party running to fill the seat vacated by presidential hopeful Marco Rubio) is accused of ritualistically sacrificing a goat in a pagan ceremony. The allegations came to light when Adrian Wyllie, the chairman of the Florida Libertarian Party, resigned on Thursday in protest, in part because of Invictus' claims he is destined to lead a second civil war and is pretty popular amongst white supremacists. But also because of this whole goat thing.

In a Facebook post, he wrote:

"Mr. Invictus practices Thelema, an occult pagan religion based on the teachings of Aleister Crowley. Mr. Invictus was ejected from Ordo Templi Orientis for brutally and sadistically dismembering a goat in a ritualistic sacrifice."

There is no way this can be true. This has to be slander, right? Right!?
Nope. Invictus has given an interview to the Orlando Sentinel where he readily admits killing a goat and drinking his blood. The only part of it he refutes is suggestion it was "sadistic." Because, apparently, there is a non-sadistic way to sacrifice a goat and drink its warm blood.

"I did sacrifice a goat. I know that's probably a quibble in the mind of most Americans. I sacrificed an animal to the god of the wilderness ... Yes, I drank the goat's blood."

I'll just give you a moment to absorb the use of the word "quibble" here.

What on earth possessed him to do such a thing?
According to the Sentinel, it was part of a journey of religious self discovery Invictus went on when he walked from Florida to the Mojave Desert two years ago. Speaking to POLITICO last week, he said it was only tangentially related to his expulsion from Ordo Templi Orientis.

"I was expelled from the order for political reasons," he said. "Animal sacrifice was part of it. But that is a deliberate misrepresentation by Wyllie."

Who is "Augustus Sol Invictus"?
That is a good question. Here's what we know: he's a 32-year-old lawyer based out of Orlando, Florida. According to the bio on his website, he was raised by a "criminal defense attorney" but only decided to become an attorney himself "when he and his family became the collateral damage of DEA aggression." It's all very cryptic, has more than a few hints of paranoia, and speaks to a general sense of Invictus not being in the slightest bit chill.

This is probably obvious, but August Sol Invictus isn't his real name. It means "majestic unconquered sun" in Latin, but he refuses to reveal what he changed it from.

What about the other charges? Is he a white supremacist hellbent on starting a second civil war?

Like his expulsion from Ordo Templi Orientis only being tangentially related to goat sacrifices, they're not completely unfounded. He denies being a white supremacist himself—his four children are Hispanic—but he acknowledges that many white supremacists support his campaign. As for the civil war, no, he doesn't want to start one. But only because the American government is already at war with the American people.

"If the government is waging war on citizens, we as citizens have the right to self-defense on government," he told the Sentinel.

In fact, back in 2013 he wrote a paper where he said he would disappear into the wilderness and return "bearing Revolution" or not at all.

Is he going to be elected?
Hell no. The Tea Party winning a Senate seat was already more than a long shot, and that was before their only candidate freely admitted partaking in a ritualistic animal sacrifice. Chances are this has all but guaranteed Invictus will make a less than impressive showing when votes are finally cast in November 2016—if he can hold on that long.

Whether or not this is the last we'll see of him altogether, however, is another question. I mean, this is a guy who changed his name to "majestic unconquered sun." I think it's fair to say he has a pretty high opinion of himself.

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles