Fantastic Military Hardware Ideas

pmaitra

Dual Rotor CAS heli-plane (2/2)

Inspiration:
Mil-24/35 Krokodil (canopy, stub wings for armament and lift)
CH-47F Chinook (dual tandem contra-rotors)
A-10 Thunderbolt II Warthog/Hog (undernose Gatling gun and double offset nose landing gear)
Mil-28N Havoc (nose shroud roundel for radar, and placement of turbines)

Tool: 3DTIN

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
^^ I tried to slap together the best features of F-22, YF-23, F-35 and T-50. Since I have absolutely no knowledge of aerodynamics or aircraft design, it would be nice to learn some, if some of you point out the apparent flaws in the schematic, just for fun.

@p2prada @ersakthivel @Twinblade etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

cloud

Country flag
Machine : A Ultra Small Single Sitter Helicopter Gunship.
Role : Counter Insurgency War, Recce and Light support.
Weapons : 1 x 12.7mm Gatling Gun and 2x Rocket pods / 8 x Lahat ATGM at two pylons on both sides.
Armour : Light Aircraft composite Armour
Avionics : Flair Pod, Glass cockpit with two Samtel MFDs etc

------------------------------------------

I have more in my mind..
This the first thing that came to mind when I first saw the little bird's photo a year ago and my immediate reaction was to search on internet for the weaponized version of it.

But will it not be close to being LCH? in almost all aspect once we start putting armor/big engine to compensate for the weight of additional armor and 8 ATGMs. I mean by including the dual rotor we may reduce the length but it will be hard to make it any slimmer than LCH, thus gives little advantage against small arm fires.

Now my wish list -

Take the existing little bird model, and make it unmanned(remote operated). Add 2 modular wings(or simple pipes) which holds the ATGM/rocket pod, but can be attached or detached in lets say 5-10 mins when required(reason in next para). Rotor blades should be fold-able. Helo should be able to carry max 4 ATGMs + 2 small rocket pods(same as AH-64) + 50 cal gun at nose. No cockpit(may be a small glass window, as it is remote operated), light armor package around engine/main equipments only, no seats for person, but should have open Boxy space in the middle of helo and space for one or two 250 pound bombs under the belly. Boxy space to have the the capacity of 300kg, so when not used, those bombs can be added if required. This open boxy space can also be used to evacuate wounded soldiers(max 2) or carry urgent stuffs(such as equipments, which medic needs on the field urgently).

Now with the modular wings(or pipe) and As there is no need for man inside, it could be made quite slimmer than even existing AH6 (without weapon holder). So 2 of these should be able to fit inside a bit wider but not lengthy truck side by side.

So Now I need a convoy of trucks as below -

1. 3 Trucks each carrying 2 of these little rotor UCAVs(standard 6 of them in a unit).
2. 1 or 2 support vehicle carrying fuel/ammunition/modular wings/spare parts/standard medical supply boxes, for these UCAVs.
3. 1 control center truck, which will have operators(6 stations to operate UCAVs)/commander and other personals. This will have all the communication equipments and small radar+ short range Surface to air missiles(similar to Manpads).

This is my idea for a moving UCAV fleet for ground support roles. 2-4 such fleets can be allotted to each military division.

Ankit Purohit

Country flag
Had some time to kill in a relative's house with a laptop at my disposal with nothing but Ms Office installed and no Internet.

This is what how I killed my time.

Top View

Bottom View

Side View

Front and Rear View

Outstanding bandhu

Global Defence

New threads

Articles