Family Planning, Chinese Style

no smoking

Country flag
@sorcerer, I wonder at times that the Chinese nation has this remarkable quality to work as a unit. You are correct. Even individual Chinese I have come across functioned as a machine. They are very mechanical, both at the macro level and micro level. The bureaucracy you talked about has been part of Chinese culture for centuries.
When you are going through the industrialization in 30 years, which generally took other nations 100 years, you will probably get a society running around like a machine.
If you have ever dealt with Koreans 10 years ago or Japanese 30 years ago, you will find the similarity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeratul

We need to actually run a simulation test as part of university funded research. This is a very complex but interesting subject.
Good idea! Family Planning policy still a controversial policy in China now, although one-child policy has been abolish in 2013.

Zeratul

China fascinates me.

It is a contradiction and the existence is propped up by disinformation and fudging galore.
Are you kidding me ? Do you see any country can exist last decades years which is propped up by disinformation and fudging galore???

The Soviet union so much powerful, but it also fell apart at the end. CCP more weaker than CCCP , why we still alive and live good?

Use your brain ,thinking carefully! Dose the country full of disinformation and lie can growing with high speed last 30years ???

There must be some very important things propped up China that you missed (or you don't want to face I think).

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Are you kidding me ? Do you see any country can exist last decades years which is propped up by disinformation and fudging galore???
You live in China, don't you?

Can't you see the live example.

Aren't the Great Chinese Famine of 1958–1962 in the People's Republic of China under Mao Zedong not one example.

The Communist Party declared it as Three Years of Natural Disasters or the Difficult Three Year Period ( 三年自然灾害) when in actuality it was the result of massive institutional and policy changes that accompanied the Great Leap Forward which were the key factors in the famine.

Hong Kong based historian Frank Dikötter (2010) estimates that, at minimum, 45 million people died from starvation, overwork and state violence during the Great Leap, claiming his findings to be based on access to recently opened local and provincial party archives.Yet, government statistics, there were 15 million excess deaths in this period. Disinformation by the Govt fooled the people.

Must I give you the details of the Disinformation and fraud of the Great Leap Forward or The Cultural Revolution or the Massacre at Tienanmen Square?

The Soviet union so much powerful, but it also fell apart at the end. CCP more weaker than CCCP , why we still alive and live good?
Why did it fall apart? Maybe you should sue YOUR brains and with reports beyond what the Chinese Communist Party gives you access to.

Use your brain ,thinking carefully! Dose the country full of disinformation and lie can growing with high speed last 30years ???
There must be some very important things propped up China that you missed (or you don't want to face I think).
If you used your brains, you would have not given such a naive comment about disinformation and lies not keeping a nation fuelled.

Why did the Tsarist regime survive for so long?

The Tsarist regime survived because the various groups opposing the Tsar (the workers, the peasants, the middle classes, etc.) did not combine to provide a co-ordinated and effective opposition and because the army remained loyal (despite a rash of mutinies) also contributed to the survival of the Tsarist regime.

The Tsar and the whole tradition of Tsarism was very good at repression, in fact, it was partly because of repression that the political parties were in such a mess- they had never been given a chance to develop and were even illegal. Aside from that, Repression played a very important part in the survival of the regime. In 1881 the Statue of State Security was passed (under Alexander III) giving the government powers to- prohibit gatherings of more than 12 people (again making it difficult to form any co-ordinated political party), prosecute any individual of political crimes (in this way removing any possible threats one at a time before the problem became too large), introduce emergency policy rule where public order was threatened, set up special courts outside the legal system, close schools, universities and newspapers (university students and teachers were dangerous as seen in 1905). Most of these remained in force until 1917. In addition he brought in strict controls on the universities, reducing student freedom; reduced the independence of the Zemstva (which had a role in the rise of political awareness), making control more centralised; drastically cut voting eligibility, and abolished Justices of Peace to be replaced with Land captains (members of the gentry who were chosen to control the peasantry and could keep them down).

Does that not remind of of the Communist Party of China and how China is kept under its thumb and moving like a regimented military machine?

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Ok I cant get one thing, on one hand you are mocking chinese for family planning while on the other hand, you want a similiar program in India?:confused:
Actually this a no reason China bashing thread and I like this. :rofl: :peace:

Coming to the topic, I do believe that India needs a better family planning programme. However I cannot agree with the forced one child policy of China. Instead the GOI should educate the Indian masses about a sustainable family.

pmaitra

Ok I cant get one thing, on one hand you are mocking chinese for family planning while on the other hand, you want a similiar program in India?:confused:
If you are a glutton, you need to cut down on eating. If you are anorexic, you need to ramp up your eating.

One size does not fit all.

Zeratul

You live in China, don't you?

Can't you see the live example.

Aren't the Great Chinese Famine of 1958–1962 in the People's Republic of China under Mao Zedong not one example.

The Communist Party declared it as Three Years of Natural Disasters or the Difficult Three Year Period ( 三年自然灾害) when in actuality it was the result of massive institutional and policy changes that accompanied the Great Leap Forward which were the key factors in the famine.

Hong Kong based historian Frank Dikötter (2010) estimates that, at minimum, 45 million people died from starvation, overwork and state violence during the Great Leap, claiming his findings to be based on access to recently opened local and provincial party archives.Yet, government statistics, there were 15 million excess deaths in this period. Disinformation by the Govt fooled the people.

Must I give you the details of the Disinformation and fraud of the Great Leap Forward or The Cultural Revolution or the Massacre at Tienanmen Square?

Why did it fall apart? Maybe you should sue YOUR brains and with reports beyond what the Chinese Communist Party gives you access to.

If you used your brains, you would have not given such a naive comment about disinformation and lies not keeping a nation fuelled.

Why did the Tsarist regime survive for so long?

The Tsarist regime survived because the various groups opposing the Tsar (the workers, the peasants, the middle classes, etc.) did not combine to provide a co-ordinated and effective opposition and because the army remained loyal (despite a rash of mutinies) also contributed to the survival of the Tsarist regime.

The Tsar and the whole tradition of Tsarism was very good at repression, in fact, it was partly because of repression that the political parties were in such a mess- they had never been given a chance to develop and were even illegal. Aside from that, Repression played a very important part in the survival of the regime. In 1881 the Statue of State Security was passed (under Alexander III) giving the government powers to- prohibit gatherings of more than 12 people (again making it difficult to form any co-ordinated political party), prosecute any individual of political crimes (in this way removing any possible threats one at a time before the problem became too large), introduce emergency policy rule where public order was threatened, set up special courts outside the legal system, close schools, universities and newspapers (university students and teachers were dangerous as seen in 1905). Most of these remained in force until 1917. In addition he brought in strict controls on the universities, reducing student freedom; reduced the independence of the Zemstva (which had a role in the rise of political awareness), making control more centralised; drastically cut voting eligibility, and abolished Justices of Peace to be replaced with Land captains (members of the gentry who were chosen to control the peasantry and could keep them down).

Does that not remind of of the Communist Party of China and how China is kept under its thumb and moving like a regimented military machine?
So this is your thinking , I understand.

But there are still many disscuss with Great Leap Forward or The Cultural Revolution or the Massacre at Tienanmen Square in China or outside China.

How did you know your infomation is just and actual ? You don't know Chinese ,your can't see any Chinese document.

My grandfather has forced to work in salt field in The Cultural Revolution. He was a professor of economic . I also familiar with other event.

I think what I see is actual than you .CCP also record all these event actual ,they can't fool themselves if they want to be the ruling party in future.

There are many video about Massacre at Tienanmen Square on internet, but do you see any Murder sence in those video ?

I don't understand why you are so stubborn that you believe the truth is in your side.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
When you are going through the industrialization in 30 years, which generally took other nations 100 years, you will probably get a society running around like a machine.
If you have ever dealt with Koreans 10 years ago or Japanese 30 years ago, you will find the similarity.
:D
Are you implying that in all industrial nations people work like machines...like enslaved by the political class taking away even the basic rights and freedom and getting remote controlled?

Industrialization gives people employment in turn benefit the economy.
But
Slavery via forced rules is something else. Can you reason slavery enforced by the state on its citizens with economy.. Thats too far fetched.Dont you think?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
So this is your thinking , I understand.

But there are still many disscuss with Great Leap Forward or The Cultural Revolution or the Massacre at Tienanmen Square in China or outside China.

How did you know your infomation is just and actual ? You don't know Chinese ,your can't see any Chinese document.

My grandfather has forced to work in salt field in The Cultural Revolution. He was a professor of economic . I also familiar with other event.

I think what I see is actual than you .CCP also record all these event actual ,they can't fool themselves if they want to be the ruling party in future.

There are many video about Massacre at Tienanmen Square on internet, but do you see any Murder sence in those video ?

I don't understand why you are so stubborn that you believe the truth is in your side.
Ah of course.

In China you discuss about the Great Leap Forward, The Great Chinese Famine, Tiananmen Square etc. But in conformity with the CPC directions – based on the usual '30% and 70%' formula. Totally exact and no deviation.

In fact, free thinking is so free in China, that a TV anchor loses his job because he criticised Mao in a private conversion and his so called 'friends' reported him to the authorities. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU is the freedom you enjoy for free and independent thinking!

If your grandfather had to work in a salt mile in the Cultural Revolution, it does speak volumes about China and the hold the CPC has over the gonads of the Chinese and their squeeze must be very hurtful. Imagine an educated man and Professor, instead of educating the Chinese, is made into a labour force. What a country and what dictatorial stupidity. And what is worse, is that China accepted this humiliation happily.

If this is not how CPC fools and emasculate the people, then what is? What rot are you talking about? A Professor made to work in a salt mine and you say – CCP also record all these event actual ,they can't fool themselves if they want to be the ruling party in future. Are you daft? Have you no love for your grandfather and instead for the CPC that humiliated him and your family? I don't blame you. That is how the Communists work. Make slaves of the people so much so that they condemn their own family and praise the Communist Party.

As far as Tiananmen Square you have seen the CPC sponsored videos.

[video]
So this is your thinking , I understand. But there are still many disscuss with Great Leap Forward or The Cultural Revolution or the Massacre at Tienanmen Square in China or outside China. How did you know your infomation is just and actual ? You don't know Chinese ,your can't see any Chinese document. My grandfather has forced to work in salt field in The Cultural Revolution. He was a professor of economic . I also familiar with other event. I think what I see is actual than you .CCP also record all these event actual ,they can't fool themselves if they want to be the ruling party in future. There are many video about Massacre at Tienanmen Square on internet, but do you see any Murder sence in those video ? I don't understand why you are so stubborn that you believe the truth is in your side.
Ah of course. In China you discuss about the Great Leap Forward, The Great Chinese Famine, Tiananmen Square etc. But in conformity with the CPC directions – based on the usual '30% and 70%' formula. Totally exact and no deviation. In fact, free thinking is so free in China, that a TV anchor loses his job because he criticised Mao in a private conversion and his so called 'friends' reported him to the authorities. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU is the freedom you enjoy for free and independent thinking! If your grandfather had to work in a salt mile in the Cultural Revolution, it does speak volumes about China and the hold the CPC has over the gonads of the Chinese and their squeeze must be very hurtful. Imagine an educated man and Professor, instead of educating the Chinese, is made into a labour force. What a country and what dictatorial stupidity. And what is worse, is that China accepted this humiliation happily. If this is not how CPC fools and emasculate the people, then what is? What rot are you talking about? A Professor made to work in a salt mine and you say – CCP also record all these event actual ,they can't fool themselves if they want to be the ruling party in future. Are you daft? Have you no love for your grandfather and instead for the CPC that humiliated him and your family? I don't blame you. That is how the Communists work. Make slaves of the people so much so that they condemn their own family and praise the Communist Party.

So this is your thinking , I understand. But there are still many disscuss with Great Leap Forward or The Cultural Revolution or the Massacre at Tienanmen Square in China or outside China. How did you know your infomation is just and actual ? You don't know Chinese ,your can't see any Chinese document. My grandfather has forced to work in salt field in The Cultural Revolution. He was a professor of economic . I also familiar with other event. I think what I see is actual than you .CCP also record all these event actual ,they can't fool themselves if they want to be the ruling party in future. There are many video about Massacre at Tienanmen Square on internet, but do you see any Murder sence in those video ? I don't understand why you are so stubborn that you believe the truth is in your side.
Ah of course. In China you discuss about the Great Leap Forward, The Great Chinese Famine, Tiananmen Square etc. But in conformity with the CPC directions – based on the usual '30% and 70%' formula. Totally exact and no deviation. In fact, free thinking is so free in China, that a TV anchor loses his job because he criticised Mao in a private conversion and his so called 'friends' reported him to the authorities. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU is the freedom you enjoy for free and independent thinking! If your grandfather had to work in a salt mile in the Cultural Revolution, it does speak volumes about China and the hold the CPC has over the gonads of the Chinese and their squeeze must be very hurtful. Imagine an educated man and Professor, instead of educating the Chinese, is made into a labour force. What a country and what dictatorial stupidity. And what is worse, is that China accepted this humiliation happily. If this is not how CPC fools and emasculate the people, then what is? What rot are you talking about? A Professor made to work in a salt mine and you say – CCP also record all these event actual ,they can't fool themselves if they want to be the ruling party in future. Are you daft? Have you no love for your grandfather and instead for the CPC that humiliated him and your family? I don't blame you. That is how the Communists work. Make slaves of the people so much so that they condemn their own family and praise the Communist Party.

Try these

I don't know what this video shows, but what does it show? Tienanmen?

[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China has been run as a military, dictatorial regime from 1949 till now.

Mao, Deng, and now Xi.

What the Supreme Leader says is LAW or else it is the laogai.

Korea and Japan saw the light and now are DEMOCRACIES!

However, I appreciate Mao. He kicked a lazy, agrarian, opium addiction people into action with a sore butt but not able to protest or crib.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Chinese posters.

Please go ahead with your DISINFORMATION & FUDGE.

You can impress some, but not the DISCERNING.

Zeratul

Ah of course.

In China you discuss about the Great Leap Forward, The Great Chinese Famine, Tiananmen Square etc. But in conformity with the CPC directions – based on the usual '30% and 70%' formula. Totally exact and no deviation.

In fact, free thinking is so free in China, that a TV anchor loses his job because he criticised Mao in a private conversion and his so called 'friends' reported him to the authorities. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU is the freedom you enjoy for free and independent thinking!

If your grandfather had to work in a salt mile in the Cultural Revolution, it does speak volumes about China and the hold the CPC has over the gonads of the Chinese and their squeeze must be very hurtful. Imagine an educated man and Professor, instead of educating the Chinese, is made into a labour force. What a country and what dictatorial stupidity. And what is worse, is that China accepted this humiliation happily.

If this is not how CPC fools and emasculate the people, then what is? What rot are you talking about? A Professor made to work in a salt mine and you say – CCP also record all these event actual ,they can't fool themselves if they want to be the ruling party in future. Are you daft? Have you no love for your grandfather and instead for the CPC that humiliated him and your family? I don't blame you. That is how the Communists work. Make slaves of the people so much so that they condemn their own family and praise the Communist Party.

[video] Ah of course. In China you discuss about the Great Leap Forward, The Great Chinese Famine, Tiananmen Square etc. But in conformity with the CPC directions – based on the usual '30% and 70%' formula. Totally exact and no deviation. In fact, free thinking is so free in China, that a TV anchor loses his job because he criticised Mao in a private conversion and his so called 'friends' reported him to the authorities. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU is the freedom you enjoy for free and independent thinking! If your grandfather had to work in a salt mile in the Cultural Revolution, it does speak volumes about China and the hold the CPC has over the gonads of the Chinese and their squeeze must be very hurtful. Imagine an educated man and Professor, instead of educating the Chinese, is made into a labour force. What a country and what dictatorial stupidity. And what is worse, is that China accepted this humiliation happily. If this is not how CPC fools and emasculate the people, then what is? What rot are you talking about? A Professor made to work in a salt mine and you say – CCP also record all these event actual ,they can't fool themselves if they want to be the ruling party in future. Are you daft? Have you no love for your grandfather and instead for the CPC that humiliated him and your family? I don't blame you. That is how the Communists work. Make slaves of the people so much so that they condemn their own family and praise the Communist Party.

Try these
[/video]
[video]
what video? Just paste address directly.
I'm not very understand your words.
My grandfather got very good treatment after the Cultural Revolution by gov. and the gov correct their mistakes.
He back to the university and teach many student. I love my grandfather.
I mean CCP is not bad like you think . The west media make demonization of communism usually.
Look at the xi's approval rating in China.
兼听则明,偏听则暗。
CCP is more like the civil service system in Chinese history, and not like the CCCP.
大道之行也,天下为公![/video]

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
If you are a glutton, you need to cut down on eating. If you are anorexic, you need to ramp up your eating.

One size does not fit all.
You guys have a weird notion of glutteny, anorexia and logic :rolleyes:

So China which has lower arable land Per capita than India is not overpopulated and can sustain more population but India cant?

List of countries by real population density based on food growing capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is what happens when people fail to think for themselves and are content with going with the nonsense they are fed with:tsk:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
OH, and let me add the water resource per capita too, since water and food are what determines if a population can be sustained in a country without losing its strategic autonomy of having to depend on others for water and food :

Renewable internal freshwater resources per capita (cubic meters) | Data | Table

So Israel, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands and Hungary all have a per capita water resources less than that of India. Wonder if they should adopt family planning too since they are suffering from acute poverty and overpopulation like India - or "do they" ?:rolleyes:

no smoking

Country flag
Are you implying that in all industrial nations people work like machines...like enslaved by the political class taking away even the basic rights and freedom and getting remote controlled?
I suggest when you are trying to finish a 100 years mission in 30 years, there will be lots of sacrifices.

Industrialization gives people employment in turn benefit the economy.
But
Slavery via forced rules is something else. Can you reason slavery enforced by the state on its citizens with economy.. Thats too far fetched.Dont you think?
Kid, go back to read some books about Korean and Japanese industrialization.

sorcerer

Country flag
I suggest when you are trying to finish a 100 years mission in 30 years, there will be lots of sacrifices.

Kid, go back to read some books about Korean and Japanese industrialization.
:D Sure thing geezer.
Your old defunct brain finds some weird logic to justify the human rights violations getting committed by CCP. May be your old brain is sooo tuned to slavery that you geezers just dont understand the difference between slavery and freedom. :D

So "Sacrifice" is the CCP keyword for violations :D

You should read about industrialization that some countries have achieved without slavery or so called sacrifice by making citizens forcefully work like machines even in present age.

ANywayz old man...your economy is slowing down like your aging population and because of aging population..More "Sacrifices " are in order by CCP I suppose.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Your old defunct brain finds some weird logic to justify the human rights violations getting committed by CCP. May be your old brain is sooo tuned to slavery that you geezers just dont understand the difference between slavery and freedom. :D

You should read about industrialization that some countries have achieved without slavery or so called sacrifice by making citizens forcefully work like machines even in present age.

ANywayz old man...your economy is slowing down like your aging population and because of aging population..More "Sacrifices " are in order by CCP I suppose.
It is very funny that the Chinese posters here have to defend the fact that they have to get permission from their bureaucrats to productively use their tools isn't it? :rofl:

sorcerer

Country flag
It is very funny that the Chinese posters here have to defend the fact that they have to get permission from their bureaucrats to productively use their tools isn't it? :rofl:
What is even more funnier is them calling it "Sacrifice" for their GREAT LEADER (Like in NoKo) :D

no smoking

Country flag

Keep laughing, kid, I guess that is the only thing you can do now.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The unfortunate part is that the Chinese cannot comprehend why what they think is normal, sacrifice etc, is not understood by other peoples of the world.

They find all this absolutely normal since their psyche has been historically moulded to believe that the Ruler is always right and the Ruler knows what is best for the People. In this case, it is the CPC which is the Ruler.

This Ruler is always right is the Chinese historical philosophy enshrined in the Chinese Theory of Legalism.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles