F-INSAS Futuristic Infantry Soldier As a System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
KB sir, the pics you just posted above are a bit older of Def Expo I think. I have seen them many times and now I`m fed up of watching those systems just on the dummy`s back. Can you please update the status or info about F-INSAS weaponary and equipments? (If possible)

Compare both..

Now imagine a hybrid one..

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag

Compare both..

Now imagine a hybrid one..
Still just imagine? Next year is 2012 by which the first phase of F-INSAS has to be completed by equipping of our army infantry divisions and regiments with modular weapon system and new lightweight bulletproof vest. We are far behind from our goal and I dont think that the first phase would be completed by next year. This leaves us with no choice but to just 'imagine'. Completely disappointed. :(

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Still just imagine? Next year is 2012 by which the first phase of F-INSAS has to be completed by equipping of our army infantry divisions and regiments with modular weapon system and new lightweight bulletproof vest. We are far behind from our goal and I dont think that the first phase would be completed by next year. This leaves us with no choice but to just 'imagine'. Completely disappointed. :(
Generally what we need:

1. Compact and multi-Purpose rifle with full rail system also with inbuilt wireless camera for corner-shot, the image will be formed on hand held MFD..

2. Lighter BP plates, With multi-purpose Vest

3. In built pad in uniform, With new camo ( Digital )

4. Newer re-deigned helmet with inbuilt com-device..

The MFD is already deigned and working all is need is little miniaturization, rest is no big deal as most is already available on civil market..
The MFD made by DRDO for solider is good..
That all for next 30 years..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

If they can-make a lighter modified version of anti-riot suit ( KEVLAR ) for solders ( AS THEY ALREADY SHOWN IN RECENT EXPO ) it will provide protection to most parts of body besides chest and back..

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag

If they can-make a lighter modified version of anti-riot suit ( KEVLAR ) for solders ( AS THEY ALREADY SHOWN IN RECENT EXPO ) it will provide protection to most parts of body besides chest and back..
it may take another 2 years time to develop the light version...........

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Why ?

All u need to paste Kevlar over cloths, The system is already operational within CRPF in J&k.. :)

If i give u material u can do the same within 3 hours.. :D

debasree

Country flag
the pace the f-insas prog, is giong on i am doubtfull,if they ever compleate the project in time

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Generally what we need:

1. Compact and multi-Purpose rifle with full rail system also with inbuilt wireless camera for corner-shot, the image will be formed on hand held MFD..

2. Lighter BP plates, With multi-purpose Vest

3. In built pad in uniform, With new camo ( Digital )

4. Newer re-deigned helmet with inbuilt com-device..

The MFD is already deigned and working all is need is little miniaturization, rest is no big deal as most is already available on civil market..
The MFD made by DRDO for solider is good..
That all for next 30 years..
All this is all right but the question is still the same, will this be available to the army till next year on a large scale?

captonjohn

Country flag
All this is all right but the question is still the same, will this be available to the army till next year on a large scale?
The real answer for this question is a big NO!! until we don't send all politicians to battlefield against enemy. Whey they'll face enemy's bullet storms and artillery then they'll understand that why army needs better equipment and all this must be fast.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Didnt you saw these suits during the ICC WC 2011 in India on the security personnel? They are operational within India and I dont find anything very complicated in it to take another two years.And as far as i guess this suit is already light enough in which jawans can operate easily.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
those suits which are you talking about are most probably those of punjab police swat team pictures of whom are all over the internet.these are imported kits and have nothing to do with finsas programme.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
those suits which are you talking about are most probably those of punjab police swat team pictures of whom are all over the internet.these are imported kits and have nothing to do with finsas programme.
Everyone knows that. We are just talking about that pic and imaging its operational estimate thats it.

Sikh_warrior

Professional

Sikh_warrior

Professional
sorry if repost.
but definatly Indian F-INSAS would look like this in future.

this pic is of US Future Soldier, but i hope in F-INSAS will also this capability.

this is the kind of presentations i dont like, all electronics just for show off! only smoke....no fire!

lets first get the basic tools for the foot soldier. look how the NSG were poorly equipped during 26/11!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
FINSAS team demonstrating to Maj Gen Dr Handa and Shri Srinivasa Rao.

p2prada

W250

Bulky. Just strapping a Motorola Defy would make more sense. It is water proof and sand proof. Just make it a bit more rugged and you have a first rate gear on a first rate operating system.

The W250 looks more like futuristic handcuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles