Exercise "Vijayee Bhava" begins today

JBH22

Except T-90 and the field hospital i don't see anything that can be termed as modern in these pictures,i mean just see the gear of the infantry.

Last edited:

Blackwater

Sorry to see old delapedated military hardware except T90 tanks. Wat's the use of billions of dollars as Defence budget if we can't use to buy new stuff.

san

All are vintage hardware. Nothing new. We are still using 60s weapons in 2011. Sorry to say but IA's weapons are not competative with PLA in technology. God knows where they spend billion of rupees.

venkat

somebody named PATRIOT posted the following in LIVEFIST under comments ,which has some interesting info on ARJUN-MK2:arjun:

ARJUN MK2 : Israeli View

Some Israeli guy (named Denil) on a Pakistani Def forum had some interesting replies to a similar topic;

I'm quoting his replies to the topic
#1 Arjun is getting massive Israeli help and NOT 6 as being reported in many places in media, but 8 rolled out recently. There are some Armour and rifling techniques which Isreal has taken from India as they were truly impressive. Other than that a lot of contribution from Israel. NO I CAN NOTprove this right now. This is what i know after discussing Arjun with a high ranking scientist who is a member of the Foreign defense services board (rough translation from Hebrew) who have worked on Arjun for the last 9 months. I personally witnessed a really cool addition to the recent 8, it employs the exact same copy of the HW and SW as the Abrams self diagnostic system...not only does it tell you when the tank is not feeling well but also tells you which part. there is also a battle management system deployed....the funniest part was how decked up the CO's Arjun was...the seats are amazing, even the Russian contingent (overpaid pricks) were emotionally moved to see the interior with all the widgets - and went the best capitalist tank (being sarc. and all)
...i think i will be able to SOMEDAY get pictures of the ARJUN M2 and let you folks see what i have seen...it a true comfort to drive that tank
I walk among diffrent circles compared to many out here on the forum and intend to build a reputation where people believe me without much fuss...as i will not always be able to post links (actually i am too deep into defense to rely on media and links to prove myself). Anyway i am off to a hunting trip organised my some army chaps here in India..will defanately take pictures and post that

#2 You really will have a problem ...say in a desert coming close to this machine. This is a really good machine...the main gun beats the Merkava any day. Bloody hell the shear energy at extended range in ft.lb delivered with the accuracy is truly astonishing...i personally think this main gun is a accidental find for Indian's. the saboy round penetrated the hull of a t-55 derelict then went through the second one behind it and the place where it pierced the sand dune had a formation of glass crystals around the sand.

#4 Incidentally my father worked on a series of Merkava tanks (yes yes i am a Jew) i too graduated with honors in Armour. but right now in a slightly different objective in India. anyway i agree with you maneuver is imp. BUT THEN AGAIN in all the discussion i have seen here maneuver is something gone a miss here. i havent driven a al -k but this arjun is as maneuverable as a Abram M2(spent a lot of my time with these tanks) ..no bloody difference, i dont know maybe al-khalid is much better compared to A-M2 in maneuver. You will outrange it...by what 5000m from a reflexes Chinese copy of soviet projectile...do you think no one here thought of ATGM and countermeasure. This is the classified bit in electronics Israeli gave to Arjun. I am telling you buddy, someone better get serious about countering Arjun...its mere prototype passed direct hits from t-90 AP rounds (new round), it passed fragmented top attack munitions, You want to kill it.
a) you need to get it tracks off
b) in some way get the electronics off
c) hit it at less than 200 m from something like a Milan 3 repeatedly in hopefully the same area or
d)put a huge mine under it (has counter electronic to detect it...direct contribution from what is to be a Merkava 4 system)
e) i would have a serious debate going against this tank on a Merkava 3 and i am honors in armour and spent a few. I think the brits will be very very interested in the armour these people have developed or even the rednecks....thats the level and quality you are looking at.

copyright: livefist

venkat

^^^ you can post the old link for the benefit of DFI members who might have missed it.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Sometime back on Times now A Pakistani analyst was lamenting that ever since post cold start doctrine has been put in place Indian army has created a continuos chain of military bases within 100 km of the International border and along the Entire border

And also that IAF has begun to deploy its Su 30 ,Jaguar and Mig 29 on forward bases for supporting the IA formations

All this explains the Pakistani hysteria

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i dont think these kind of information should be made public unless it was intentionally release as physco ops, to send massage to pak.

48 hours to get all the soldiers and all stuff (food, war, amo and fuel etc) together, hit the road, then put in armour in train and send it to require train station destination, unload it and then finally reach the destination on road and finally in field, from where cold start will begin.

bhramos

Country flag
Nice to see this, But according to cold start the Forces in frontier bases will move forward for not waiting the reinforcements, but 48hrs means the back could get only after 48hrs???

i had this single doubt, i think this is only for Army to reach in 48hrs, but IAF could get some of the basic important help in 24 hrs, like some BMP's and paratroopers........

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Any idea how this was achieved? I mean was there significant in railway lines or roads etc...
I guess these two paras will be able to answer the query:

Sources said better road management, better offloading, better rail links, equipment and man management, have reduced the mobilisation time. Every strike corps has been working at reducing its own mobilisation period.
Movement is carried out in four phases which are command elements, reconnaissance, main body and balance.

Command elements comprising the formation commanders earlier used to take eight hours which was now been brought down to two hrs.

Reconnaissance comprising two officers, the second in command of the Brigade and the mobile operations, used to take 12 hours which has been brought down to six hours.

The main body of the formation comprises all the three units in the Brigade and their administration and logistics, which used to take 18 hours earlier, has now been brought down to 12 hours.

The remaining of the troops were given 30 hours, as opposed to their 36 hours.

The mission was successful, with all the units of the 60 Brigade meeting at the destined point in 45 hours, and another couple of hours for a final check. The distance covered was around 450 kilometers, and approximately 3500 personnel moved on road, on transportation that was either hired or were army trucks.

A Division has three Brigades in it, and for a complete Division to mobilise, another 10 hours could be added to this, said a source, but for a fighting unit formation, Vijayee Bhava has proved that the target of 48 hours can be achieved.
So all in all it seems, more to do with process and logistics streamlining.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Sometime back on Times now A Pakistani analyst was lamenting that ever since post cold start doctrine has been put in place Indian army has created a continuos chain of military bases within 100 km of the International border and along the Entire border

And also that IAF has begun to deploy its Su 30 ,Jaguar and Mig 29 on forward bases for supporting the IA formations

All this explains the Pakistani hysteria
Agree with your post.

Let them has this Hysteria. They are to blame for this. What else a ''Jinda'' army would do against a aristocratic land lord's army who can not fight against us in open, if does so then can not claim they are out there in the theater, have no guts to claim its dead and have gone further low to strike army resident quarters (Kaluchak) and metropolitan cities with the help of stateless actors.

They can not face the truth and are going to rant day and night against our hardworking army who has no other option to but teach them lesson CS way.

Sikh_warrior

Professional
nice to see the photos posted of the exercise Vijayee Bhava.

no soldier wants to fight a war, but they must prepare for one!

glad to see the training and exercise taking place.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles