Everything is in China

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
apple design iphone, but develop/manufact/QC are in china. it really depend on brand/products. some work great some not. had 2 can opener made in china broke after 2 use, bought a US made, its better design, but not necessarilly better QC. had some chinese electronics, that i used for years, drop/wet etc, still working. my mini fridge bought from sam club in US/ haier brand, after years of use still working fine. alot chinese product has QC issue, but there are also brand/product that work for long time.
Yeah, sometimes they do... In Kolkata, there is a market in Khidirpore called Fancy Market. Majority of the stuff they sell are of Chinese brands.

The only warranty they offer is "Good Luck Warranty". If it runs, then 2 yrs, else 2 days. No replacement or servicing.

And, I can assure you that Apple development is not done in China, and manufacturing/QC which are done in China, are vigorously monitored by Apple, USA, with rotational employees stationed in Chengdu 365 days a year. Even my bro-in-law had a stint there for 3 months.

Poor chap, my bro-in-law, had to survive on vegetables and rice he boiled himself, for those 3 months, as everything else available was too suspicious to consume.

Last edited:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Aakash means Sky.

When did we invent that?

You think the sky is a joke?

Is that why you pollute it so much?

That's why people invented jokes like Aakash to make you feel better?

Impluseblade

I am sorry. Here is the background story:
India's 'Aakash,' Now Made in China

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/26/india’s-super-cheap-tablet-now-made-in-china/

NEW DELHI/ BEIJING—The launch of India's low-priced tablet computer, Aakash, was praised by the government as a "milestone in history," to be "recognized by future generations," in part because of its "Made in India" label.

But some of the most updated versions of the tablet, Aakash-2, which was unveiled Nov.11 by President Pranab Mukherjee of India, have been designed and manufactured in China, according to officials at Chinese companies and documents reviewed by India Ink.

Aakash means Sky.

When did we invent that?

You think the sky is a joke?

Is that why you pollute it so much?

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Oh! That Aakash!

Is that why it is so cheap and not a single one of them survived beyond 3 months?

I am sorry. Here is the background story:
India's 'Aakash,' Now Made in China

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/26/india’s-super-cheap-tablet-now-made-in-china/

NEW DELHI/ BEIJING—The launch of India's low-priced tablet computer, Aakash, was praised by the government as a "milestone in history," to be "recognized by future generations," in part because of its "Made in India" label.

But some of the most updated versions of the tablet, Aakash-2, which was unveiled Nov.11 by President Pranab Mukherjee of India, have been designed and manufactured in China, according to officials at Chinese companies and documents reviewed by India Ink.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Again, believe what you want to believe.

Ps. Can you list a few Chinese members who are on DFI to provoke ?
I give you one: the deceitful t_co who is the most 2 faced persona I have ever encountered on the internet.

The rest just tag along behind him.

50 cent army, ho!

Impluseblade

I do have a similar story to share. We sent a manager to India to train staffs in a new site. People there were very friendly. But the poor guy got food poisoned after the first meal and stayed in hospital for three weeks. When he recovered, the training was almost over and he just took a flight back.

Yeah, sometimes they do... In Kolkata, there is a market in Khidirpore called Fancy Market. Majority of the stuff they sell are of Chinese brands.

The only warranty they offer is "Good Luck Warranty". If it runs, then 2 yrs, else 2 days. No replacement or servicing.

And, I can assure you that Apple development is not done in China, and manufacturing/QC which are done in China, are vigorously monitored by Apple, USA, with rotational employees stationed in Chengdu 365 days a year. Even my bro-in-law had a stint there for 3 months.

Poor chap, my bro-in-law, had to survive on vegetables and rice he boiled himself, for those 3 months, as everything else available was too suspicious to consume.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Regular Indian food available on the street is hardly hygienic, neither is water. He should have taken to good restaurants, with specific non-spiced food and bottled water.

Or maybe some good old home cooking... No gutter oil freely available in India, so safe there as well!

I do have a similar story to share. We sent a manager to India to train staffs in a new site. People there were very friendly. But the poor guy got food poisoned after the first meal and stayed in hospital for three weeks. When he recovered, the training was almost over and he just took a flight back.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You are also not denying the possibility that some components of your laptop are manufactured in China. I can send you some "Made in XXX" labels and just use them to cover the "Made in China" label if it helps.
There is no question of denying or agreeing, when I have not opened the laptop (and I have no reasons to do so) that some components are made in China or not.

Of course, you would be able to send labels 'Made in XXX".

Forgot that you all are past masters in forgery and copycatting.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Not surprising.

Those who are used to 'exotic' food would indeed find 'normal' food upsetting not only their stomach, but also their appetite and palate.

B

billyong

There is no question of denying or agreeing, when I have not opened the laptop (and I have no reasons to do so) that some components are made in China or not.

Of course, you would be able to send labels 'Made in XXX".

Forgot that you all are past masters in forgery and copycatting.
He is not asking you to open it! Just flip your laptop and read the brand name and where it manufactured. A five years old can do this without any problems.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
He is not asking you to open it! Just flip your laptop and read the brand name and where it manufactured. A five years old can do this without any problems.
Understand English, first.

Where are the 'components' he asked to me to check.

On the flip side?

Here is his post

Can you assure us that the keyboard you used to type "I have many years without 'Made in China" has no components made in China?
Impluseblade ↑

Last edited:

Impluseblade

Let's give Ray a break and don't be too harsh on him. Maybe it is an inconvenient truth that he doesn't want to know. To avoid any possible revelation, he might have already glued his laptop to the desk and it is indeed difficult for him to flip the whole thing.

Understand English, first.

Where are the 'components' he asked to me to check.

On the flip side?

Here is his post

s002wjh

Country flag

apple/microsoft has some the largest tech development center in china. don't be fooled to think that everything is developed in US. as for QC, nope its not monitored vigorously, if they did, the worker condition/sucide etc won't happen. when you has thousands product chew out / day, no amount of foreign exp can monitor that much stuff.

like i said, there are good product, and there are bad ones. not all company are there to fake/copy in order to make a quick buck. i have several chinese made stuff, lenovo/haier etc they all work fine for years.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
apple/microsoft has some the largest tech development center in china. don't be fooled to think that everything is developed in US. as for QC, nope its not monitored vigorously, if they did, the worker condition/sucide etc won't happen. when you has thousands product chew out / day, no amount of foreign exp can monitor that much stuff.

like i said, there are good product, and there are bad ones. not all company are there to fake/copy in order to make a quick buck. i have several chinese made stuff, lenovo/haier etc they all work fine for years.
China exploits its children by putting them to work in sweat shops, while US lets its children run loose in the streets shooting each other.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China exploits its children by putting them to work in sweat shops, while US lets its children run loose in the streets shooting each other.
Are you suggesting that money alone drive the Chinese?

ice berg

Well, according to your own government:
According to a new United States report on child labour, Asian countries are top of the list when it comes to child labour. India, Bangladesh and the Philippines are now the world leaders in the number of products made by working children. Often, the nature of the work these products entail is dangerous to the health or best interests of the children.

Child Labour News: Asian Countries Top Child Labour List

But hey dont let facts get in your way. I am sure you are crying for those chinese childrens... oh wait.

Impluseblade

I don't believe this report and Ray will explain why.

Well, according to your own government:
According to a new United States report on child labour, Asian countries are top of the list when it comes to child labour. India, Bangladesh and the Philippines are now the world leaders in the number of products made by working children. Often, the nature of the work these products entail is dangerous to the health or best interests of the children.

Child Labour News: Asian Countries Top Child Labour List

But hey dont let facts get in your way. I am sure you are crying for those chinese childrens... oh wait.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles