Documentray on IIT

JBH22

Great documentary a bit dated but then I'm very happy when they emphasise that only meritocracy is the key to enter IIT

Last edited by a moderator:

JBH22

How Indian MIT and IIT Graduates Have Shaped Computer History

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I think it should be renamed as Indian Students Export Union. Most of these nut job go and settle in the US and what good is it talking about them there!

JBH22

I think it should be renamed as Indian Students Export Union. Most of these nut job go and settle in the US and what good is it talking about them there!
Who doesn't want to gain in Life if India offered better opportunities they would have stayed but then I believe that these students when they go abroad they tend to destroy the stereotypes about India..

You can't make someone guilty of aspiring a better life that's just not done :hail:

Last edited:

JBH22

SUPER 30

Witness - Super 30 - Hard Lessons

The persons involve in this Super 30 are great persons because they help poor but intelligent students as the teacher Mr Anand Kumar said in the end "Do good, and good will happen to you"

PS:These are things that make me still believe in the greatness of this country

SHASH2K2

well what you dont know about super 30 is that they take cream students and that too from casts who have better chances of clearing IT exams due to reservation quota . majority of students are not from general quota .

Reactions: nrj

JBH22

well what you dont know about super 30 is that they take cream students and that too from casts who have better chances of clearing IT exams due to reservation quota . majority of students are not from general quota .
Well its the first time I hear about Super 30 and can you please elaborate on this..

SHASH2K2

Well its the first time I hear about Super 30 and can you please elaborate on this..
SUPER 30 is what I told you . Its an institute that takes only 30 students a year and all make it to IIT . Reason behind it that they conduct entrance test and only those guys are taken into which has better chances of making it to IIT due to his knowledge and cast his belong to . Its more about reservation for a particular casts than talent in case of many entrances test as you all know :( . Patna is full of many institutes better than this super 30 but they become famous due to all 30 students making it to IIT .

Last edited:

JBH22

SUPER 30 is what I told you . Its an institute that takes only 3 students a year and all make it ti IIT . Reason behind it that they conduct entrance test and only those guys are taken into which has better chances of making it to IIT due to his knowledge and cast his belong to . Its more about reservation for a particular casts than talent in case of many entrances test as you all know :( . Patna is full of many institutes better than this super 30 but they become famous due to all 30 students making it to IIT .
See if you are saying that they take only bright students to train and help them make it to IIT i see nothing wrong because you can't take a "Gadhaa" and train him for IIT entrance exam it would be a complete waste of time.
However if you say that when they take students to coach they factor in cast or whatever reservations credentials then i find that's not good for it violates the meritocracy principle.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Who doesn't want to gain in Life if India offered better opportunities they would have stayed but then I believe that these students when they go abroad they tend to destroy the stereotypes about India..

You can't make someone guilty of aspiring a better life that's just not done :hail:
India's VAST Entrepreneur skill solely relies on those averagely educated, collage drop out, not well educated or not educated all types, its these people who are back bone of the nation and have started the business despite all odds and made India an manufacturing hub.

Sure IIT graduates can aspire for a better standard of living by going outside India, no one ever should complain about that BUT Just dont flash it on our faces as if that is the only way to be great and succeed, while majority of the IIT grads look for better standard of living in the US, we are the one building the better standard of living in India.

JBH22

India's VAST Entrepreneur skill solely relies on those averagely educated, collage drop out, not well educated or not educated all types, its these people who are back bone of the nation and have started the business despite all odds and made India an manufacturing hub.
You sure about that? Well first India wants to become a knowledge based economy not a manufacturing a country where innovation and creation primes agreed that SME's bring their share in economy but if we are talking about Start Ups where a guy who comes up with a revolutionary but needs capital to make its creation a reality it usually comes from a person who's bright and must has a certain standard in his/her education.

I always believed that competition makes a person strive to be the best because it helps to show his worth from the masses..

Sure IIT graduates can aspire for a better standard of living by going outside India, no one ever should complain about that BUT Just dont flash it on our faces as if that is the only way to be great and succeed, while majority of the IIT grads look for better standard of living in the US, we are the one building the better standard of living in India.
First of all I really don't think its for a freshly graduate to start thinking about country development at this point in his/her life that person wants to help his parents,get a nice job,car etc... and if the govt which should do these things don't give a damn then how can you have such expectations from a guy or girl in his early 20s?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
You sure about that? Well first India wants to become a knowledge based economy not a manufacturing a country where innovation and creation primes agreed that SME's bring their share in economy but if we are talking about Start Ups where a guy who comes up with a revolutionary but needs capital to make its creation a reality it usually comes from a person who's bright and must has a certain standard in his/her education.

I always believed that competition makes a person strive to be the best because it helps to show his worth from the masses..
Yes i am very very sure, i am a business man myself now and the vast number of middle and higher industries are owned by people who are not IIT grads or dont have a flashy degree. All you do is read the new paper and look at the brand names and think that is India. India is vast country with millions of business men, they are the back bone, Also India wont really transform into a knowledge base economy it can only be part of our economy and the rest like manufacturing, services will be the dominant industry always. Which will provide jobs for the millions who are moving out of Agriculture.

There are people in India who live in some sort of utopia in their heads, which makes them read only business news papers and watch CNBC business news, the reality is India is made of ambitious business men who most of them dont have degrees from big collages.

Also i dont care what Americans think, its only for people there who need a positive image for themselves. Our business is mostly drive locally.

First of all I really don't think its for a freshly graduate to start thinking about country development at this point in his/her life that person wants to help his parents,get a nice job,car etc... and if the govt which should do these things don't give a damn then how can you have such expectations from a guy or girl in his early 20s?
Then even the IITs dont think that way? Its mostly business people who want to get ahead in life and start business and earn tax for the nation. Thats how its working.

JBH22

Yes i am very very sure, i am a business man myself now and the vast number of middle and higher industries are owned by people who are not IIT grads or dont have a flashy degree. All you do is read the new paper and look at the brand names and think that is India. India is vast country with millions of business men, they are the back bone, Also India wont really transform into a knowledge base economy it can only be part of our economy and the rest like manufacturing, services will be the dominant industry always. Which will provide jobs for the millions who are moving out of Agriculture.

There are people in India who live in some sort of utopia in their heads, which makes them read only business news papers and watch CNBC business news, the reality is India is made of ambitious business men who most of them dont have degrees from big collages.
Again you are comparing apple to oranges if we go by that logic then there's no need for the best colleges. The backbone of any economy comprises of SMEs but if we are to move in high tech sector and compete with the best then definitely the required qualified labour is needed. Institutions like IIT provide best people for tech field

Also i dont care what Americans think, its only for people there who need a positive image for themselves. Our business is mostly drive locally.
Its not that we need their approval but somehow world opinion matters and the arrogant view that we don't care about the world is too simplistic in world where Pakistani = Potential terrorist somehow Indians are viewed as a bunch of sane people in that part of the world.

Then even the IITs dont think that way? Its mostly business people who want to get ahead in life and start business and earn tax for the nation. Thats how its working.
First you bring the point that IIT don't think about country but only about jobs in US and now this I don't get your point explain please.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Again you are comparing apple to oranges if we go by that logic then there's no need for the best colleges. The backbone of any economy comprises of SMEs but if we are to move in high tech sector and compete with the best then definitely the required qualified labour is needed. Institutions like IIT provide best people for tech field

Its not that we need their approval but somehow world opinion matters and the arrogant view that we don't care about the world is too simplistic in world where Pakistani = Potential terrorist somehow Indians are viewed as a bunch of sane people in that part of the world.

First you bring the point that IIT don't think about country but only about jobs in US and now this I don't get your point explain please.
Anyway do you have any statics on how much percentage of IIT grads leave India? So that i can make up my mind on this!

amitkriit

I am from IIT Kharagpur, 2007 batch. Those few years I will never forget ever in my life. They converted a lousy boy into a hard-working and confident person. After passing out I along with a senior(He was working in Singapore, left his job to team up with me) started our own company, which currently employs 40 people. IITians are successfully running several companies, which includes biggies like Infosys and TCS, please don't accuse us of betraying our country.

These are the two companies we founded:

Wanhive Technologies (Founded in 2009)
Glozon Technologies (Founded in 2007)

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles