Do you guys think philosophers are smart?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Last edited by a moderator:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@atheisthindu: What do philosophy majors do after graduation, serious question ? Which year are you in ? When will you graduate ?

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
@Apollyon saar, how was your GRE ?
Haha ..My friend who got admit in GaTech told me it cost him around 1.5 lakh to take GRE+TOEFL+IELTS and to send applications to (~8) Universities in US. My under-grad fee for 4 years is less than this :lol:.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Haha ..My friend who got admit in GaTech told me it cost him around 1.5 lakh to take GRE+TOEFL+IELTS and to send applications to (~8) Universities in US. My under-grad fee for 4 years is less than this :lol:.
Does the government subsidize your college education in India? How's it so cheap?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The thread title needs to be "I am atheisthindu and I study Philosophy so I am smarter than you"

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Does the government subsidize your college education in India? How's it so cheap?
Well of course it does. Here in Kolkata you have my Jadavpur University which is a good state engg college.We have to pay only Rs 64 for the semester exams.Also the total cost for 4 years is Rs 5000/ or something.It is probably the cheapest college in the world.:rofl:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Well of course it does. Here in Kolkata you have my Jadavpur University which is a good state engg college.We have to pay only Rs 64 for the semester exams.Also the total cost for 4 years is Rs 5000/ or something.It is probably the cheapest college in the world.:rofl:
I can spend that much in a single night out at the clubs :shocked:

ITBP

I think Philosophers are smart, they just should not delude reality with philosophy.

Menhit

Doctors treat, engineers build, teachers teach. But what do philosophers bring to the table??:noidea:

other than sitting on their @** and wasting their time, I dont think they contribute anything to the society.

And what does it matter if someone is smart or not, if he does not contribute to the society anyway?:confused:
Most Laws of civil society have philosophical base. There is a philosophy behind every right-wrong or any other abstract construct of human society. Philosophy laid the foundation and codes for the world we are living. Most of us don't learn philosophy directly but, we do live it in applied form either consciously or unconsciously.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Most Laws of civil society have philosophical base. There is a philosophy behind every right-wrong or any other abstract construct of human society. Philosophy laid the foundation and codes for the world we are living. Most of us don't learn philosophy directly but, we do live it in applied form either consciously or unconsciously.
Yeah but do we need "specialized" philosophers who do nothing but day dream for solving our problems? Specially the likes found in JNU who are more than ready to drag the society back centuries if not decades? I think not..

Menhit

^I don't know what makes you to conclude that philosophers daydream. Philosophers think through analogy and logic, thinking is different from dreaming. Calculations are important but, not everything can be calculated that is why science of artificial intelligence is still incomplete.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles