do you feel any kinship with the roma people

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
sorry but you talk nonsense, romas are definitely not 7-8% indian. and where im from most look like indians, in spain maybe many look blonde but where im from not one single one. there is a difference between west and east european roma with west european roma being closer to europeans and east european roma closer to indians. most romas are visibly indian biologically, and only very few are european.
Sir, most roma peope dont have many indian characteristics for example - how many of your eastern euro roma have a Hindu or Sanskrit name ? - perhaps now they will all go change their names ? )

secondly im surprised how do you read Sir, ?
in my post i did qualify that i was talking about Iberian roma people didnt i ? :namaste:

Last edited:

Soul83

most roma peope dont have many indian characteristics and your post above is an example
how do you read ?
i did qualify that i was talking about Iberian roma people didnt i ?
ok if you talk about iberian roma, but you cant say most roma, but most iberian roma, i was never there. but where im from most roma look like indians, and are dark brown with black eyes and black hair etc. some genetic studies which were carried out said that romas are mix of nw indian and european and about 50% indian but from looks they look even more to me. i think they look 80% or like that.

bild hochladen

if only 7-8% of roma were indians, they wouldnt be associated as indians and dark looking in europe, and racial foreigners, because 7% is hardly visible in looks they would look white

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Well as you'll appreciate Pakistani are hardly the people worth citing when talking of Non Indians who have Indian ancestry in a generic sense.
He is not asking the Indian govt to feel responsible about them, he is simply asking if they would elicit any interest from Indian Government,

And as for Fijians , Mauritians, Trinidadians etc , if you would have been following the news You'll realise that Indian Government has in the past been actively involved in preserving and encouraging the interests of Indians residing in these countries , so there is no reason why it should be any different for Romani people.

the Indian government has laws describing the qualifications for NRI or PIO - there actually is PIO card issued y the government of India and a person can vote in the Indian elections if they produce that pio card

It stipulates certain characteristics - eg prove one parent born in india within the last 4 generations, hindu or sanskrit name, and those qualifications are legislated in India Law.

.... and please don't blame me or hold me responsible of you or anyone else on this forum
doesn't like those qualifications - have the good sense to take the issue up with the GOI . .

Last edited:

ITBP

India already has very big population. Why bring Romas again? More ever if India advocates for Roma people then India's relation with many country may get harmed.

ITBP

@Soul83 just a question- what is the religious belief of Roma people?

Last edited by a moderator:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
ok if you talk about iberian roma, but you cant say most roma, but most iberian roma, i was never there. but where im from most roma look like indians, and are dark brown with black eyes and black hair etc. some genetic studies which were carried out said that romas are mix of nw indian and european and about 50% indian but from looks they look even more to me. i think they look 80% or like that.

bild hochladen
if only 7-8% of roma were indians, they wouldnt be associated as indians and dark looking in europe, and racial foreigners, because 7% is hardly visible in looks they would look white
firstly i hold nothing against your personally - let's establish that please ?
and i hope we can discuss this accurately and based on facts rather than on emotions ?
it can then be a good discussion and who knows you may have a solid case at the conclusion, and then i might actually agree with you and more importantly the GOI will also be willing to take up your case for a change in legislation ?

secondly the photos you gave on links - they look brown, but then so do Kurdish, so do arab, so do north african,
so do armenian and so do some south chinese, so do polynesian, so do north american " indian " , so do peruvian people , so do Amazonian , so do many south american peoples, and even many indonesian have indian looking "high" nose ?

so how will the GOI change the legal legislatin ? - any one who looks brown ?
im not being facetious but just showing the dilemma involved in the legislation .

i am not blocking anyone from claiming to be Indian - but there has to be a better argument than "we look brown "

actually the photos to me , they look slavic dna ...i.e. brown mixed with slavic
sorry -just my humble opinion

just one more point if i might be allowed - we will , i will resolutely and without flinching stand with
you against what adolf hitler did and what some societies in eastern europe are wrongly ´doing to your people

yes i will stand with you and vote with you against all that - and it will be as one human being for another
a matter of human rights which you MUST have ... just as i would do for say an african person who might be discriminated anywhere in the world - as one human for another even though they might not be indian .
best regards.

Last edited:

Soul83

firstly i hold nothing against your personally - let's establish that please ?
and i hope we can discuss this accurately and based on facts rather than on emotions ?
it can then be a good discussion and who knows you may have a solid case at the conclusion, and then i might actually agree with you and more importantly the GOI will also be willing to take up your case for a change in legislation ?

secondly the photos you gave on links - they look brown, but then so do Kurdish, so do arab, so do north african,
so do armenian and so do some south chinese, so do polynesian, so do north american " indian " , so do peruvian people , so do Amazonian , so do many south american peoples, and even many indonesian have indian looking "high" nose ?

so how will the GOI change the legal legislatin ? - any one who looks brown ?
im not being facetious but just showing the dilemma involved in the legislation .

i am not blocking anyone from claiming to be Indian - but there has to be a better argument than "we look brown "

actually the photos to me , they look slavic dna ...i.e. brown mixed with slavic
sorry -just my humble opinion

just one more point if i might be allowed - we will , i will resolutely and without flinching stand with
you against what adolf hitler did and what some societies in eastern europe are wrongly ´doing to your people

yes i will stand with you and vote with you against all that - and it will be as one human being for another
a matter of human rights which you MUST have ... just as i would do for say an african person who might be discriminated anywhere in the world - as one human for another even though they might not be indian .
best regards.
your logic is dumb, sorry. i wont discuss with you if you denie that romas are from india and call it british conspiracy etc. that shouldnt be even discussed, kurds, arabs and northafricans arent dark like roma, romas are dark as indians, arabs are more olive, and north american indians and chinese and polynesians also look from features different, and romas look that way because they preserved their look from india. it is commonly accepted, that shouldnt be even discussed and is dumb. and you say they have slavic dna, but you have persian dna you cant be advocate of racial purity etc. even if they have like 10% slavic dna they are still more indian then you.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
:dude: I just suggested the name for the biography :tongue:
hahahahhah thanks bhai !

your logic is dumb, sorry. i wont discuss with you if you denie that romas are from india and call it british conspiracy etc. that shouldnt be even discussed, kurds, arabs and northafricans arent dark like roma, romas are dark as indians, arabs are more olive, and north american indians and chinese and polynesians also look from features different, and romas look that way because they preserved their look from india. it is commonly accepted, that shouldnt be even discussed and is dumb. and you say they have slavic dna, but you have persian dna you cant be advocate of racial purity etc. even if they have like 10% slavic dna they are still more indian then you.
let's try to avoid getting somewhat emotional .... its' not the way to get somewhere, by my book.
( btw im both NRI and PIO as well ! and can vote in Indian elections i ) do you know what is nri and pio ?

but let's be rational ;-
your argument so far is based on "some" idea of what an indian should "look" like and you "qualify" as indian
merely because you "appear" to be so .

That being the case, north-east indian people wouldn't qualify as Indian by your logic because according to it;-
they dont look "indian " enough ..... whereas in actual fact they most certainly ARE Indian !.- they serve in the government at very high levels too .

all im saying is that you have to have more than "looks " as your basis for being Indian - if,
as you claim, you want the GOI to speak up in defence of your community

India is not a lawless entity - on the contrary it is in fact, arguably, one of the most legally conscious societies in the world , perhaps after the usa and together with western europe ?
So Im actually making a helpful suggestion that you would want to qualify according to Indian law and then you'll get the protection therein ( for all it's worth ) - as do the people of north-east India

why not pursue that route instead ?
Best regards in your pursuit of a proper legal basis .

Last edited:

Soul83

hahahahhah thanks bhai !

let's try to avoid getting somewhat emotional .... its' not the way to get somewhere, by my book.
( btw im both NRI and PIO as well ! and can vote in Indian elections i ) do you know what is nri and pio ?

but let's be rational ;-
your argument so far is based on "some" idea of what an indian should "look" like and you "qualify" as indian
merely because you "appear" to be so .

That being the case, north-east indian people wouldn't qualify as Indian by your logic because according to it;-
they dont look "indian " enough ..... whereas in actual fact they most certainly ARE Indian !.- they serve in the government at very high levels too .

all im saying is that you have to have more than "looks " as your basis for being Indian - if,
as you claim, you want the GOI to speak up in defence of your community

India is not a lawless entity - on the contrary it is in fact, arguably, one of the most legally conscious societies in the world , perhaps after the usa and together with western europe ?
So Im actually making a helpful suggestion that you would want to qualify according to Indian law and then you'll get the protection therein ( for all it's worth ) - as do the people of north-east India

why not pursue that route instead ?
Best regards in your pursuit of a proper legal basis .
it is not only about looks, but they have origins in india, it is about ancestry, which is proven with many different data, linguistics, culture, and genetics etc. it is for sure that roma originated from india. northeast indians are also indians, i dont doubt that, but romas are too. everyone who originates in india is indian.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I've got 4 elder sister already.
So no bhai but I can call you aunty ji if you want :troll:
heyy youu ! ....well as long as sonia-ji or indira-ji were not called aunti-ji .....
i dont wanna associate with sonia and indira is too above my level ...but i remember
indira was called madam-ji ....show us some of your sisters pics , must be beautiful eh ? :namaste:

it is not only about looks, but they have origins in india, it is about ancestry, which is proven with many different data, linguistics, culture, and genetics etc. it is for sure that roma originated from india. northeast indians are also indians, i dont doubt that, but romas are too. everyone who originates in india is indian.
Sir, thanks for your post(s) ....actually your topic is quite interesting because an important
politician in the newly elected BJP soon to be government is asking the same question ( surprisingly ? )

He is Dr Subramanian Swamy and he is initiating discussion on why some Indians are less assertively nationalistic than people of other nations and in the course of the debate, the question of establishing and defining an Indian identity has had to arise, as an indispensable past of those discussions ...and actually i was listening to one of them just last night

He was given a scholarship to Harvard U to do PhD in economics and tutored under those who were already Nobel laureates and they predicted he would be one too if he continued there, but he preferred to return to India to correct the Congress messing around that he couldn't put up with.

I may not have time to find the exact debate i was listening to last night but here are some thing similar and also a link to his YouTube channel for any on this forum to listen to:-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDnCzWI3cKSExdlDfuB3Zeg

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=subramianian+swamy+-+indian+identity

i have found his videos to be most educational about India and they're entertaining as well.

Last edited:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
heyy youu ! ....well as long as sonia-ji or indira-ji were not called aunti-ji .....
i dont wanna associate with sonia and indira is too above my level ...but i remember
indira was called madam-ji ....show us some of your sisters pics , must be beautiful eh ? :namaste:
:confused::confused: :confused:

Glint

Country flag
simple reply :- Packland is pointing nukes at us , roma people are not
Miss, I was implying about Pakistani people, Not the government.
I don't personally think Indians share any commonality with Roma people neither they are responsible of the goodwill of them.
As i said earlier, People could personally feel differently but the government wouldn't do much cause frankly it's like supporting someone else's country.

Hope i clarified it :)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
India already has very big population. Why bring Romas again? More ever if India advocates for Roma people then India's relation with many country may get harmed.
Tried to send you a PM but am blocked from doing so.

Soul83

Miss, I was implying about Pakistani people, Not the government.
I don't personally think Indians share any commonality with Roma people neither they are responsible of the goodwill of them.
As i said earlier, People could personally feel differently but the government wouldn't do much cause frankly it's like supporting someone else's country.

Hope i clarified it :)
india should recognise roma people as indians/pio. everything else is fascist and injust

ghost

i agree. i think it is time that india accepts romani people as indian.

More than ur debating over here in this forum,I would suggest you along with other people form a group ,prepare a petition , why Indian govt should recognize "roma" as indians get sign of a good number of people in support of ur demand .After doing all this come to india ,present ur petition to the concerned department of GOI and if possible directly to PM.I think this could provide you with some tangible results ,rather than just hoping and wishing for it.

Country flag
india should recognise roma people as indians/pio. everything else is fascist and injust
Indians govt cannot be selective there are 40 million people of Indian origin
Around the globe Fiji,West indies,Africa, Europe, North and South America etc...
What would this recognition bring?

Ajesh

I do feel. They are Indians at the end of the day. If any Indian Community anywhere feels distressed , its our duty to protect them...

What would you feel if you went abroad and got kicked by some foreigners and then you started to ask out for help and nobody came?

Stop Acting Selfish and protect those who need help.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles