Digvijay: My Hero

KS

Bye bye DFI
what i am saying is far more serious than the usual platitudes of pakistan, pakistan trotted out after each such event. they are using existing groups. the only way these groups can be shut down is if indian muslim leaders and community stop them, not by blaming rss, mossad or whatever.
Well I tried saying this some days before but was castigated those who still think local groups are innocent and everything ahhapens from across the border or by the "Sanghis".

Till we confront the stark reality - it is indeed misguided/brainwashed Muslims who are involved in almost all the terrorist attacks - and we reject living in denial for being politically correct , this war against terror will not and cannot be won. Look I understand that among a community of 160 million who are socially and educationally backward there will exist some bad apples who think about killing infidels,Caliphate etc. But its the job of the rest of the community to reject them and if possible bring them back on track. Instead of that if we start equivocating on the issue of terror and draw parallels to satisfy one self nothing is gonna improve.

People will keep dying when you continue chasing chimeras for furthering your political prospects.

Last edited:

Phenom

arhcer said:
If im/simi keep killing hindus attacking areas which are presumed to be hindu dominated ones then hindus will retaliate. its not about how nice or bad it is, vigilantism always occurs when law/order breaks down.
If these groups targeted the IM/SIMI then you can say its vigilantism, but they are targetting ordinary Muslims going about their daily business, that's no different from what the IM does, and it can only be described as terrorism and nothing else.

About the topic,

The OP can admire Digvijay Singh staying safely in US, its people like us living in India, who should worry and fear about Digvijay style of politics.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Samjota express showed that he is not a "venom spewing man"- in fact quite Gandhian where he seeks to call that spade a spade. Courageous is what comes to mind...
Have you followed Indian elections and the thought process that goes behind it ?You will get your answer there.

what percentage of the country is Hindu? for if he was playing " vote bank" - then surely he would know the demographics layout.( which I'm sure he knows)
Again Hindus almost never vote on religious lines unlike the minorities where its one single block of votes cast enmasse. It's always on the caste lines among the Hindus and its the Congress calculation to capture the votes of the minorities by these gas-bags while capturing the majority vote by appropriate measures on caste lines by giving tickets to local caste strongmen.

Last edited:

Oracle

Vigilante Justice! So I was not wrong. Some people do support witch hunting.

Archer

Country flag
And yusuf, if you think i am picking on you, I am not. Its just that you being aware of the challenges we all face, and the fact that you can articulate it as well as anyone of us, I am worried that all of us are headed down much darker times. When a guy like you, jumps to the simplest answer - lets not talk about this guys and if you talk about it, you are pakistani/playing into their hands, it worries me.

The problem is not with the average muslim per se, or at least I can hope so, because clearly a muslim cop went to a lazy pandu and told him something was up, and that idiot didnt. The problem is with all these wannabe leaders who are busy telling their community "dont introspect, be victims, the dastardly right wing/hindus may have done it". The need of the hour is for every indian muslim to be very vigilant and root out all those pakistanis or pakistani wannabes. Instead, they are being sent mixed messages and being actually told, hey- there is no problem, its all a big conspiracy.

This is very dangerous, because what this means is the pakistanis or whichever idiot wants to use communal problems in india to attack gets an easier ride.

Its not about muslims per se, or hindus, its all about the leadership. They have to be clear that the future is in their hands. The way they are going, they are totally abdicating responsibility and instead of leading by example, they are saying "blame others".

Each time, some stupid muslim website says "upper caste BJP responsible" or "brahmin RSS" - "hindu terror" thats one hindu guy who says $%# at another community guy attacking him, for what he feels is not his fault at all.

Communal problem got worse. Actual terrorists continue to hide. India continues to bleed. Till some brain gets the idea lets attack the guy next door to show my anger. And great problem gets multiplied.

Thats what I am saying. And not putting you on the spot per se

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Yusuf edit: It's new update that I have received. Nothing related to mumbai blast.

Archer

Country flag
If these groups targeted the IM/SIMI then you can say its vigilantism, but they are targetting ordinary Muslims going about their daily business, that's no different from what the IM does, and it can only be described as terrorism and nothing else.

About the topic,

The OP can admire Digvijay Singh staying safely in US, its people like us living in India, who should worry and fear about Digvijay style of politics.
whats the difference between vigilantism or terrorism, its the same idiocy nothing else, nothing more. in the movies batman decides to find the "bad guys and beat them up. in real life, yahoos with weapons will kill the wrong people and for the wrong reasons.
Look at any riot. How many people who get killed are actually related to the original violence, I wager very few.
Group A attacks Group B. Who gets hammered. Group B gets support. Group A has vanished, Group C shopping for vegetables gets stabbed and dies on the way to hospital.

This is a riot. Indian style.

Take a look at Oracles reply below about "supporting vigilante justice" - still cant even understand what is being said. Typical indian mentality in our entire society of never discussing "bad topics", anyone mentions the tough reality and people start getting upset and saying "ooh you said someone may do it so you must support it", no wonder our country has so many problems. We wont think of problems, plan to avoid them or think of the dangers.

Wonderful. Call it by whatever name you wish, terrorism, rioting, vigilantism - the effect is the same, ordinary citizens organizing to become violent and further problems for all of us, who wish to live peaceful, productive and ok also sometimes lazy lives.

Last edited:

Archer

Country flag
Well I tried saying this some days before but was castigated those who still think local groups are innocent and everything ahhapens from across the border or by the "Sanghis".

Till we confront the stark reality - it is indeed misguided/brainwashed Muslims who are involved in almost all the terrorist attacks - and we reject living in denial for being politically correct , this war against terror will not and cannot be won. Look I understand that among a community of 160 million who are socially and educationally backward there will exist some bad apples who think about killing infidels,Caliphate etc. But its the job of the rest of the community to reject them and if possible bring them back on track. Instead of that if we start equivocating on the issue of terror and draw parallels to satisfy one self nothing is gonna improve.

People will keep dying when you continue chasing chimeras for furthering your political prospects.
Get used to the castigating part, most indians are brainwashed to avoid discussing hard topics lest it be "anti secular" or "offend someone".

Its clear they are using local groups to anyone - its just one of those things we dont like talking about. India is a land of peaches and honey, no communal problems exist, if we do, then we are dividing ourselves further. Idiocy.

If two friends have issues with each other and never talk about it, they will come to blows. If they talk about thier issues all the time, openly, they'll stay friends. India is perfect in statement 1. Our so called secular society prevents the majority from talking to the minority on a societal, not individual level, because that is anti secular and majoritarian. Result, problems fester till they explode in rioting and violence. Politicians then use this violence to further drive the communities apart & secure their votes.

Meanwhile same is being done for attacking India.

Local groups are essential to have such a long standing series of attacks. How can any Pakistani waltz into India, melt into Indian society and succeed. A north indian muslim will find it hard in tamil nadu. Language, region, only in the movies does James Bond go watching snake vs mongoose fights in some African island or beat up a bomber in a Pakistani toilet.

In reality our idiots are homegrown idiots. And worst part is more idiots will be created because leaders wont let the events of Gujarat (where both sides beat each other up) disappear or some other grievance will be created.

Indians are a bunch of idiots if they think that by not talking things openly our problems will disappear

Oracle

whats the difference between vigilantism or terrorism, its the same idiocy nothing else, nothing more. in the movies batman decides to find the "bad guys and beat them up. in real life, yahoos with weapons will kill the wrong people and for the wrong reasons.
Look at any riot. How many people who get killed are actually related to the original violence, I wager very few.
Group A attacks Group B. Who gets hammered. Group B gets support. Group A has vanished, Group C shopping for vegetables gets stabbed and dies on the way to hospital.

This is a riot. Indian style.

Take a look at Oracles reply below about "supporting vigilante justice" - still cant even understand what is being said. Typical indian mentality of never discussing "bad topics", anyone mentions the tough reality and people start throwing a h!ssy fit and saying "ooh you said someone may do it so you must support it", no wonder our country has so many problems. We wont think of problems, plan to avoid them or think of the dangers.

Wonderful. Call it by whatever name you wish, terrorism, rioting, vigilantism - the effect is the same, ordinary citizens organizing to become violent and further problems for all of us, who wish to live peaceful, productive and lazy lives.
My response was for this post of yours, post # 47:

"If im/simi keep killing hindus attacking areas which are presumed to be hindu dominated ones then hindus will retaliate. its not about how nice or bad it is, vigilantism always occurs when law/order breaks down. do you understand this or will you mount more personal attacks and impute motives?"

Are you the mouthpiece of the Hindus? I am a Hindu and I got better things to do than take the law into my own hands and wash them with the blood of innocents. You go on further to given an example from the move Batman: The Dark Knight - watch that film again. Batman punishes the bad guys, he is the de-facto authority of Gotham City. It was Harvey Dent who fell in the trap of The Joker and wanted vigilante justice. Batman did not let that happen, instead took the blame & the fall.

And terrorist attacks having been occurring in India atleast for 2 decades now, but how is this the breakdown of law & order? It is an intel failure.

Btw, Yusuf asked you to go to Pakistan to split Pakistan. Problem with comprehension?

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Are you the mouthpiece of the Hindus? I am a Hindu and I got better things to do than take the law into my own hands and wash them with the blood of innocents.
Well are you ?

What Archer said is 100% correct. With each passing bomb blast and the inaction by the authorities in catching them and instead spending their time on chasing the apparitions for obvious political purposes disgusts more and more people -the common man on the street and mood is building up.The distrust grows with each passing incident. Be in denial not to realise it and take appropriate measures to nip it in the bud. Instead of going against the real culprits we equivocate on this very crucial thing turning a blind eye to the home grown elements and laying blame on either the Pakistanis or the Sanghis.

Do you know the story of the boy who cried "wolf" ? Try doing this equivocation for political purposes and always play the victim card instead of waking up and introspecting then one day the wolf will come for real.By that time it will be too late to realise the follies committed.

Unless, as Archer said, we confront the demons openly and not hide behind political niceties like "Terror has no religion" ,"It has no color" this war will not be won. Period.Just because we like to hide our head in the sand it does not mean the world is dark around us.

Last edited:

JayATL

Can you tell me about the prosecutions for the samjhauta express?
The US says LeT. The Congress says Hindus did it.

Now tell me, Mr introspection, whom do you believe. Your country or your hero?

The simple fact is and I wonder why, after all these days of investigations, no formal charges have been brought and all we have are media leaks. Its a farce. Start the trials and get the facts out.
what yusuf said is correct... there is no denial that hindu/ saffron terror exists and it should be dealt with appropriate manner ... BUT what right people like digvijay singh has when he condemns osama killing by US calling him osama ji and using terrorism for cheap political gains, this is same guys who when aligarh(bad lands of UP) to show sympathy for terrorist family who was killed in police action ..

Yusuf /jay do you have any doubt IM and there pakistani aka's was behind 13/7 (you dont need rocket science , common sense is enough )
to whom we are coating DOGvijay singh he will sell his mother to stay in power
There is no doubt who is behind these bombings and my OP is not about specifics of each case. It was this " the man is a devil' loose claim that I'm disputing. I don't see him as an articulate man or particularly having a good sense of timing- BUT I do see him as being courageous in laying it out there that one can't be riding with blinders where eyes are only focused towards Pakistan.

JayATL

I strongly disagree - that's just a game of moral equivalency.

"It could have been anybody - it could have been pygmies from Borneo, it could have been the visiting Swedish soccer team, it could have been aliens from Mars."

No, I'm sorry, but I don't accept that claptrap one bit. There is a jihad problem here, and it's related to state sponsorship by our neighbor. Pakistan doesn't arm Hindu groups, and they never will. I am a rationalist, and I believe strongly in Occam's Razor.

The Congress will always try to invoke Political Correctness to defend its Muslim vote bank, just as they will always invoke class warfare and quota-ism to defend their other ethnic vote banks. The Congress does this not because it likes Muslims, or these other caste groups - it does these things because it feels this is the way to most reliably get the most votes with the least effort. Congress succeeds over other organizations because they are the most zealously devoted to their own self-interest and self-advancement. There is no moral or ethical law that they won't break in order to further themselves.

The Congress does not care about defending India - the Congress only cares about defending the Congress. The Congress is a State Within A State. What ISI is to Pakistan, the Congress Party is to India. The Congress is the ISI of India.

So I would say back to you - let's not be like Pakistan in cultivating the State Within A State. Let's be better than that, and destroy the State Within A State, which seeks to sacrifice us all in the name of its own self-preservation.
how can you be expected to be taken seriously when you spew those same conspiracy theories like the Pakistanis? it's ridiculous to go around saying congress is both anti Indian and the ISI of your country ( conflicting statements, because ISI is much loved by its people)- BUT then too, to claim congress is anti Indian is ridiculous.

I've said this before and I will repeat- some of you sound like the republicans and George bush, whom when challenged on their Iraq wars, WOT,Gitmo trials called the opposition party/ people " un-American". and that's what you are doing here by making excuses to not look inward also, while looking outward.

BTW, economically and on the world stage, despite the scandals ( not making excuses for it)- this congress has achieved the most for the country ( in its reign ). take it for what it is- I'm stating some pertinent facts.

Last edited:

Vyom

Seeker
Unless, as Archer said, we confront the demons openly and not hide behind political niceties like "Terror has no religion" ,"It has no color" this war will not be won. Period.Just because we like to hide our head in the sand it does not mean the world is dark around us.
How do you propose we go about it? And do you mean to imply that since most terrorists belong to a particular religion, then others of the same community are naturally implicit?

Vyom

Seeker
There is no doubt who is behind these bombings and my OP is not about specifics of each case. It was this " the man is a devil' loose claim that I'm disputing. I don't see him as an articulate man or particularly having a good sense of timing- BUT I do see him as being courageous in laying it out there that one can't be riding with blinders where eyes are only focused towards Pakistan.
Courageous? I think you have have formed an image of him like an innocent child.

You Sir have no idea how politics is played in this country.

sanjay

Vyom, the problem is that a particular community is exhibiting a high rate of organized militancy, not just in India but also around the world. That's why there are so many websites that have sprung up around the world dedicated to discussing it. Sorry, but they're not all run by Indians. Look at Jihad Watch

Vyom

Seeker
Vyom, the problem is that a particular community is exhibiting a high rate of organized militancy, not just in India but also around the world. That's why there are so many websites that have sprung up around the world dedicated to discussing it. Sorry, but they're not all run by Indians. Look at Jihad Watch
I know but putting the blame on the entire community is a fatal road to tread, and more so unethical.

Archer

Country flag
My response was for this post of yours, post # 47:

"If im/simi keep killing hindus attacking areas which are presumed to be hindu dominated ones then hindus will retaliate. its not about how nice or bad it is, vigilantism always occurs when law/order breaks down. do you understand this or will you mount more personal attacks and impute motives?"

Are you the mouthpiece of the Hindus? I am a Hindu and I got better things to do than take the law into my own hands and wash them with the blood of innocents. You go on further to given an example from the move Batman: The Dark Knight - watch that film again. Batman punishes the bad guys, he is the de-facto authority of Gotham City. It was Harvey Dent who fell in the trap of The Joker and wanted vigilante justice. Batman did not let that happen, instead took the blame & the fall.

thank you for missing the point by a mile and quarter.

clearly you may be an enlightened person which shows your moral superiority but unfortunately not all your coreligionists are as even tempered. they are angry and human. they riot and do get themselves in a frenzy because they think they are under threat.

i have a feeling i am talking to somebody who has not seen the bloodthirsty rage of a mob in india.

if you had, you would think twice before telling me about not speaking for all hindus. did i state i was? i was referring to those hindus who will be incited to fight and end up in a no win situation.

a few years back, i have had my own vehicle stopped many times by very angry hindus who told me hindus were killed in gujarat and i was daring to drive on such a day of outrage. and even stoned my own vehicle because i had to get some place in a hurry. if i was not able to convince them that i knew nothing of what had happened, i understood their outrage etc but did have to get to point b, and that i would no longer keep driving across their patch of road, i would be attacked. they may have been good guys per se, or even good human beings but they were angry and liable to harm anyone who they thought was disrespecting them or even harm them. the fear, rage, factor all in one.

i am pretty sure, there were muslim ghettos were the same was going on. after the recent ayodhya verdict, the next day was a friday, and my friend and i took a wrong turn into a group of guys milling around a mosque. the mere fact we dared to cross into that road almost got us into trouble. we escaped by the skin of our teeth as two potbellied cops (thank you guys) intervened, held off the crowd and had us reverse. another day, i stared at a guy in that very ghetto and the gent actually came running with a few friends. bottomline, all humans are not as rational as you think.

thus behaves group mentality. its not a slam on your enlightened hindu soul, but do realize not everyone is as you are.

your response typifies everything that is wrong with debating with those who think they themselves are ok and then project that onto everyone else. i am rational, ergo everyone will be. i will not react violently to continued attacks, so others will not.

how exactly do you think riots occur where all sorts of innocent bystanders from both communities were attacked for no fault of theirs?

coming to dark knight, thanks so much for that response into a pop culture movie and missing my point in every sense. i was mocking the movie, about how unrealistic such movies are, which show a masked vigilante dealing with issues way above his grade and how it has little to do with the real world, and here you are quoting incidents from the movie and attempting to justify it. i am sorry that you got offended that batman was called a vigilante, but he is. and his only so called justification to exist is that law and order in his city has broken down so that they need an adult, conveniently a billionaire, jumping around to solve issues. but his noble motives apart - i actually like the character, the truth is its unrealistic. in movies, people jump from buildings and have no broken bones. in real life, a single scratch from a splinter causes a much more physically fit man to lose an eye when fighting real terrorists. the entire movie is hollywood mythos and pop culture. enjoyable, yes, but not reality.

in real life, vigilantism is brutal, ineffective and almost totally devoid of rationality. people robbing homes? the local bunch of youths catch a few strangers, bash them up and result is more violence. in your world, if somebody cites this - you'll respond with "ah but who gave you the right to speak for all vigilantes, thats not how i would do things". wonderful. go read up about the bhagalpur blindings where the law and order itself, in a nod to community vigilante justice did the unconscionable. but be warned, its graphic and it is not meant for light reading. read if you must.

not only do you miss my points that are being made, you conflate them to your image of yourself which is the wrong thing to do. by virtue of access to the internet, ability to type in english, we are already far above most of our fellow citizens in terms of motivations in terms of economic strata and behavior is different. if you speak to others beyond the narrow sliver of a privileged middle class, then see the increasing communal polarization, because the govt is failing in protecting them, things are not good, which brings me to this even more surprising point you claimed..

And terrorist attacks having been occurring in India atleast for 2 decades now, but how is this the breakdown of law & order? It is an intel failure.
and this is your response? intel failure? and you were seeking to snub me on comprehension and what not.

please wake up. it is a complete break down of the system, especially law and order which allows criminals of all kinds to inhabit cities armed with deadly weapons, has them terrorize the local population using their respective religions as an excuse and even a positioner to market their services to various political parties, and then later on, in riots act as the frontline.

do you even know how corrupt the indian law & order system is and how it allows such problems to flourish and actually create them. a local beat station in a city which i lived not so far back, every day took forty rupees from every shop that ran in its area, all of which were illegal constructions and had to pay these guys. three stations shared jurisdiction and all at dfifferent times of the day shared the loot. one of the locals had a son who was mentally affected. they even locked him up one day because his dad, spoke up about not giving that days "rent". other petty criminals also pay a regular duty fee to cop stations. they in turn report to larger touts.

now when a local thug is contacted by the terror element who has been hiding in a larger community which refuses to admit he can exist, he acts as the foot soldier for these groups.

dawood ibrahim was a son of a cop, and gamed the system perfectly. corruption allows these guys to survive. politicians allow criminals of all stripes to exist and the breakdown in law and order is what allows them to flourish.

in bihar, politicians were using maoists to settle scores and the law and order system would look the other way.

all this intel failure stuff is BAKWAAS meant to fool the average citizen that "intel which is so hard to find failed on this one occasion". which is the reason why anna hazares proposals are coming under so much resistance from the establishment. he, ramdev and others have hit upon what is actually the biggest problem. the corruption, the grease which allows the black economy, corruption and widespread breakdown of law and order to flourish (almost everyone can be bought). if the system is uncovered to the light, it will break down. and its in everyones interests to make sure it happens.

there is no way you can ever have complete intel in a country the size of india. especially when we rely extensively on techint (read some books sometime from our so called experts on the sad state of affairs) for our neighbouring countries and hence lack adequate real time intel.

with the multiplicity of agencies, its a game to cover their lapses by coming up with generic claims of xyz terror threat. after a while nobody bothers and its brushed away as an intel failure.

the actual problem is the complete corruption and breakdown of the law and order system, which uses criminals, and allows these guys to operate ok as long as money flows. it is these same criminals then who then act as the footsoldiers for the local elements of units like the IM/SIMI.

that you are asking this question is amazing. are you aware of how the D-gang grew in mumbai, whats its tentacles are all over the country, and the fact that it was deeply complicit in the mumbai attacks of yesteryear? how do you think they got so powerful? till the attacks, when their activities became too prominent, things moved as usual. till date, you will articles bemoaing the fact that the gang continues to thrive in india.

its not intel failure, its a failure of our complete law and order system. if the law was applied fairly and ips reforms had not been stalled by taking the IPS out of the powerful control of local politicians, and in turn you had more chceks and balances on the cops to prevent corruption, you'd see most of these issues fade, at least those of succesful attack after attack.

Btw, Yusuf asked you to go to Pakistan to split Pakistan. Problem with comprehension?
before yusuf tells me to go to pakistan let him try it first and see what happens to him. he is an indian and the guy wont last in any secret efforts to split pak.

before asking somebody to do something so unrealistic, walk a mile on that path yourself. besides which there is the other point, yusuf or you or nobody has the right to tell any indian to go to pakistan. if you rate your chances highly as some sort of uber commando who can split it , give it a shot. here india is not able to even get decent humint within that country, and out come such unrealistic responses. the exact thing i was saying about the james bond sydrome, of a super secret agent going around and fixing things, or a super batman, fixing things. in real life, thats bunkum.

if he wants to makea difference, instead of going to pakistan, let him tell his own community leaders to go and address internal issues because trying to blame the fingers on others only exacerbates the problem. that is achievable, and realistic. every indian muslim who steps up and says to heck with conspiracy theories guys, keep an eye out for im/simi, thats the win right there.

what you are not getting is that its not about the idiots in pakistan per se, who are used as the convenient excuse to disguise the absolute rot in our system, which guys like you are unaware about. because its not their competence hurting us, but our own faultlines being exposed and used.

what you dont understand is that what pakistan is doing, can be done by anyone else with a vested interest in destabilizing india. they are doing it today. and seeing their success, any other idiot can do it tomorrow, seeing how easy it is to outsource terror thanks to the corruption in our system and so called leaders, who instead of calling for fixes and introspection, play a cynical game of blaming the majority in this case, when every piece of evidence points to SIMI and IM.

first realize everyone is not like you and as rational as you are. humans are plagued with fears. when fears go past a tipping point, they fall prey to demagogues who incite them to a response. this is the classic flee or fight response, to the point that fleeing no longer works, and so fight. and if the fight is against the wrong people, the ordinary muslim who may have no relation to these attacks, then it is a further problem.

that is worrisome.

the need of the hour is to stop people from inciting folks because claims hindus did it further feed communal polarization.when the fingers clearly point to simi and im, so that again a decade from now i dont have to witness rioting between communities which lived next to each other.

go talk to somebody who has been in any riot situation, first hand, especially the response authorities and see how fast things develop. i lived next to one of indias famed sensitive areas, and every other friday was a problem because of hotheads coming to blows and a guy like me, who is just passing by with some thoughts in his head about his own challenges being a victim.

if you cant understand what i wrote, and that you think i justified vigilantism as versus pointing out that vigilantism/communal polarization/terrorism is likely to rise thanks to the communal baiting of one prominent leader, who is inciting two groups to a conflict, then nothing more can be said.

guys like you dont want to understand how severe the issue is, attack those who do realize it, and then feel good about how not admitting the problem is somehow a solution. when i was growing up, ages ago, i used to openly move into so called ghettos, celebrate festivals back and forth and rarely if ever felt inconvenienced. after the incessant attacks, back and forth rioting, many of my friends fell out with each other and would talk the most blase stuff with each other and actually the communal angle was very hard to miss, and as i noted earlier there are areas that are no go areas. i hope that as i live further, i dont see things slide further down the scale where this bogey of hindu terror becomes a self fulfilling prophecy because it is used to prevent the effective stoppage of attacks, and let the corrupt indian system get away with everything. cops not effective, oh sorry, we were investigating "all angles" and we dont have manpower.

go figure what i wrote versus responding that you are better and wont attack others. that was never the point. your asking everyone who presents the unvarnished reality to go into pakistan will not stop the reality. the reason the pakistanis are in such sh!t today, is because anyone says anything that is inconvenient, go to indian, you must be indian. when they should have been investigating their taliban, they were busy chasing RAW/MOSSAD and now they are in deep doo doo without a clue of what was going on. the parallels with india are tragicomic. in india our leaders too are picking up on some mythical agency conducting the attacks, ignoring the one in front of their eyes, while deliberately refusing to overhaul a corrupt, broken law and order system. instead of acknowledging it, you want all those who see it for what it is, to go to pakistan and become james bonds. or wherever. kudos! thats likely to to work.

Last edited:

Archer

Country flag
How do you propose we go about it? And do you mean to imply that since most terrorists belong to a particular religion, then others of the same community are naturally implicit?
its not that hard. you pick those guys int the community who are sane, able to introspect and dont have a vested interest in having the problems continue. in india today, we have supported the two worst groups both of which are the problem, not the solution, thats the joke that is indian secularism as versus true secularism. we have supported assorted leaders of jamaats etc who are very obscurantist and take offense at everything - whether it be mumbai showing arvind swamy marrying a muslim girl (there were riots in my town because of that) or the other extreme, the left leaning liberal intelligentsia who will attack the bjp/rss at every turn but will not admit to their own problems bar an occasional case. these are the sahmat, teesta types who manufacture a sense of victimhood that things are bad because the rightwing hindus are responsible for all ills, mobilize, mobilize. both groups are used as convenient foils by the congress.

if you actually see, there are enough muslims out there who are not really into victimhood, or hate hindus and do understood that mocking hindu Gods etc is equally insensitive. they may even sit and talk their issues out with the BJP/RSS and even come to some sort of consensus about mutually accepted behaviour, if not those then even with the shankaracharyas or others or the ramdevs. basically across the spectrum. for those of us who dont adhere to any group, we'll get along with these guys as well.

it is they who can lead the light. but you will never hear about them or see them in a public position and that is the tragedy IMO of muslim leadership in india. the muslims we grew up with, who were fine human beings and deserve to lead will never be given a chance because they are not able to play the communal vote bank game, and are hence useless to the congress. these guys will be mocked as fake muslims by the fanatics, and drowned out by the cynical left leaning kinds. the kinds of kalam are actually many, it speaks volumes that only one of his type has been allowed to come up through the indian system. you know who opposed him tooth and nail, the indian left, the same bleeding heart group which claims to represent indian muslims versus the right. media even ran articles suddenly from nowhere on how he was lousy, drdo was lousy so he didnt deserve to be president. bidwai etc slammed him. this is how truly they care. zakaria of newsweeks dad ran an article, you'll find it on the net, saying how kalam was not a real muslim because he was more hindu than muslim, and this guy was a leading light of the inc. see how things are played out.
btw, you know who coined the term jihadis for j&k, maj gen afsir karim of the paras. no BS, and no fear or inferiority complex either in calling what it was like either. its a tragedy that the indian muslim community has not been allowed to use the kind of people it has, as versus those who have been propped up as its leaders

Global Defence

New threads

Articles