Dhaka streets turns into Blood streams after Eid sacrifices and rain

Bharat Ek Khoj

BTW are these pics photoshopped? someone has uploaded same pictures with normal water on streets. whats the case?
No not Photoshoped pics were real ..if you somehow see Photoshoped image with muddy water just look at the coca cola advertisement board above which also somehow miraculously change to mud color instead of red
( I was just about to post the pics and saw your replies )
Here,

The actual pics and news are from bangladeshi news website itself.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
NO, not unless they change their religion. Until then it is their right to follow their way of life and they will do it.
Laws are for and by people. They can be changed or re-interpreted if there is adequate public pressure. But changing important religious traditions which has become a way of life is not easy and in case of Muslims nearly impossible in normal world. e.g. in this case at the most you can request/demand the sacrifices be at specific designated areas and not in housing society if majority of members of society so demand.
Practicing any religion, including Islam, can be made illegal and punishable by death at the stroke of the President's pen.

All it takes is someone convincing the supreme court that it's not a religion but a mental illness with risk to public safety.

The constitution allows you to practice a religion, but not to have a disease that threatens public safety.

This distinction was already drawn in secular-democratic western nations such as the US and EU member states. There is no qurbani, there is no azaan, there is no female genital mutilation, and there aren't many other things.

Muslim minorities anywhere in the world, will only push back with their ridiculous way of life to the extant that the majority allows them to. If an overwhelming tactical superiority is established by the majority, they mellow down and play by the rules.

rizwan78

Country flag
I'm a Muslim and I wana explain what was the purpose of this qurbani for Muslim's.. According to Qurran During Hujj in makka it was ordered for Hajjies only to bring one cattle with them just only to meet the need of food for all Hajj performers.. But sadly look what we doing is to eating and wasting our 1 year food in one day ..that's how fake molanas are at there best..

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
If hindus had such zombie mind, we would never have eliminated sati-pratha.
Bang on and Hindus have eliminated many such bad practices themselves.Hindus have evolved and evolving as per the need of time.

Reformers like Raja Rammohan Rai risked their own life to bring changes to humanity.That Muslim girl was killed which shows how much respect Muslims had for that woman.Then they claim their "religion" respects women and spreads message of peace.

But here we are talking about bunch of inhumans(rather subhumans) living in 7th century and not some reformers.

Brood Father

Country flag
I'm a Muslim and I wana explain what was the purpose of this qurbani for Muslim's.. According to Qurran During Hujj in makka it was ordered for Hajjies only to bring one cattle with them just only to meet the need of food for all Hajj performers.. But sadly look what we doing is to eating and wasting our 1 year food in one day ..that's how fake molanas are at there best..
Ok got jist of your point , but here are my few question on your qurbani ritual
1. Why it was said to bring cattle only ?if a person can afford a vegetable or a fruit per se why can't vegetarian food (if affordable) fed the poor ?
2. Correct me if I am wrong but it said that in bakrid a person has to sacrifice something very close him as done by Abraham , now how can a cattle bought a day before just to be sacrificed becomes of that much importance to a person , got the irony

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
This is the state of these "Believers" who spread "Peace" and "Respect women".

Resisting Change.jpg

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
Practicing any religion, including Islam, can be made illegal and punishable by death at the stroke of the President's pen.

All it takes is someone convincing the supreme court that it's not a religion but a mental illness with risk to public safety.

The constitution allows you to practice a religion, but not to have a disease that threatens public safety.

This distinction was already drawn in secular-democratic western nations such as the US and EU member states. There is no qurbani, there is no azaan, there is no female genital mutilation, and there aren't many other things.

Muslim minorities anywhere in the world, will only push back with their ridiculous way of life to the extant that the majority allows them to. If an overwhelming tactical superiority is established by the majority, they mellow down and play by the rules.
I will continue here as my reply is going tangential and is related to that thread.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
No not Photoshoped pics were real ..if you somehow see Photoshoped image with muddy water just look at the coca cola advertisement board above which also somehow miraculously change to mud color instead of red
Nice catch, Coca cola board also has changed from red to mud color due to color replace.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
--------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------
You people need to make up your mind. Who is confused here?
well, I think these are some of those who are confused - benazir suraiya, irfan khan, anna solaiman, tarek fateh, tufail ahmad, aziz khan helal...
rest is 5 pages of already made-up jingo minds' outpourings!

Chinmoy

Country flag
Hats off to you and your thinking......... :yo:

See this link below to learn about how Hindus slaughter thousands of buffaloes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sacrifice-thousands-animals-Hindu-ritual.html

Hindus have violent rituals like the above, also violent sports like jalli kattu. But Hindus will defend these things using some excuse. For jalli kattu, they will say it's culture, it's been going on for many centuries. Wouldn't the same logic apply to other religions?

Point is, Hindus are a hypocritical bunch. Attack other religions for so-called barbarity but defend barbarity in one's religion. Eid killing is barbaric, but man chasing bull with spectators watching is NOT barbaric, it is culture. Amazing! Hindus are world no. 1 in hypocrisy.
Although I am not interested in saying anything that pertains to any religious belief. But its mandatory for me to say a few words here. You are true to say that pointing out ones fault by overlooking your own is height of hypocrisy. But just tell me few things here. In how many hindu states of India Jallikuttu is observed? When you talk about Jallikuttu and its ban, then you should know that it was banned not because bulls are getting killed in this ritual, its human who were in danger. Below is excerpt from Wiki..

Animal activists, the FIAPO (Federation of India Animal Protection Agencies)[13] and PETA India have protested against the practice over the years.[5] The Animal Welfare Board of India filed a case in the Supreme Court of India for an outright ban on Jallikattu because of the cruelty to animals and the threat to public safety involved. Protestors claims that Jallikattu is promoted as bull taming, but there is no 'taming' involved at all. Also it is claimed that Jallikattu exploits the bulls' natural nervousness as prey animals by deliberately placing them in a terrifying situation in which they are forced to run away from those they perceive as predators and the practice effectively involves catching a terrified animal, not taming it.[14]

As for sacrifice in Hindusim is concerned, it is very much true that Buffalo are being getting sacrificed during Durga Astami, Kali Puja or any such other Puja which are held specifically in the month of October and November. But you must know Hinduism for that and who gives the sacrifices and where exactly. Basically it is a Kshatriya culture to give sacrifice to please goddess Durga or Kali to attain strength for war. Not whole of Hindu population get involve in it. Some tribes do carry out this too basically in Eastern part of India. But they generally prefer goats for this. That too not each and every household gives these sort of sacrifices. These are arranged on community or village level and whole of community or village gives sacrifice of one animal and later the meat is distributed as Prasad.

All these does takes place basically in Shakti Peeths, but here too there is an interesting twist. In Hinduism sacrifice to any god or goddess doesn't mean blood shed. People generally donate animals to temples in the name of sacrifice instead of slaughtering them. Another interesting part is, if you have to really slaughter or cut any animal, you could choose some specific vegetable like Gaurd or something and could cut them in Bali Bedi. In Hinduism, its not a hard and fast rule to slaughter animals in name of sacrifice and the practice of slaughtering in name of Bali is slowly loosing ground. Now I am not against any sort of sacrifice which is offered in the name of god nor I would preach for celebrating a vegan festival as I myself is a hardcore non-vegan. But the thing here is number of animals you do slaughter in name of sacrifice. Look at the pictures. Those are blood mixed with rain water. For so much of water to attain that blood red colour you need to mix thousand of litre of blood in it. It seems each and every household had performed a Qurbani in this case.

And the link you have given referenced too, from UK. I would say that if you take stock of hypocrisy, they would be on top of the ladder. Slaughtering thousand of Buffalo? Whom they are taking feedback and report from? Their Great-Great-Great Grandfather or forefathers who were the torch bearers of east India Company in India? Or had they taken into count the number of Buffalo's which get slaughtered to supply meat to Army and meet export order?

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Although I am not interested in saying anything that pertains to any religious belief. But its mandatory for me to say a few words here. You are true to say that pointing out ones fault by overlooking your own is height of hypocrisy. But just tell me few things here. In how many hindu states of India Jallikuttu is observed? When you talk about Jallikuttu and its ban, then you should know that it was banned not because bulls are getting killed in this ritual, its human who were in danger. Below is excerpt from Wiki..

As for sacrifice in Hindusim is concerned, it is very much true that Buffalo are being getting sacrificed during Durga Astami, Kali Puja or any such other Puja which are held specifically in the month of October and November. But you must know Hinduism for that and who gives the sacrifices and where exactly. Basically it is a Kshatriya culture to give sacrifice to please goddess Durga or Kali to attain strength for war. Not whole of Hindu population get involve in it. Some tribes do carry out this too basically in Eastern part of India. But they generally prefer goats for this. That too not each and every household gives these sort of sacrifices. These are arranged on community or village level and whole of community or village gives sacrifice of one animal and later the meat is distributed as Prasad.

All these does takes place basically in Shakti Peeths, but here too there is an interesting twist. In Hinduism sacrifice to any god or goddess doesn't mean blood shed. People generally donate animals to temples in the name of sacrifice instead of slaughtering them. Another interesting part is, if you have to really slaughter or cut any animal, you could choose some specific vegetable like Gaurd or something and could cut them in Bali Bedi. In Hinduism, its not a hard and fast rule to slaughter animals in name of sacrifice and the practice of slaughtering in name of Bali is slowly loosing ground. Now I am not against any sort of sacrifice which is offered in the name of god nor I would preach for celebrating a vegan festival as I myself is a hardcore non-vegan. But the thing here is number of animals you do slaughter in name of sacrifice. Look at the pictures. Those are blood mixed with rain water. For so much of water to attain that blood red colour you need to mix thousand of litre of blood in it. It seems each and every household had performed a Qurbani in this case.

And the link you have given referenced too, from UK. I would say that if you take stock of hypocrisy, they would be on top of the ladder. Slaughtering thousand of Buffalo? Whom they are taking feedback and report from? Their Great-Great-Great Grandfather or forefathers who were the torch bearers of east India Company in India? Or had they taken into count the number of Buffalo's which get slaughtered to supply meat to Army and meet export order?
some months back, the K'taka govt. was to investigate a case of animal sacrifice (a rumour) in a ritual homam under their 'anti-superstition bill', & it was said that animal sacrifice is banned under it (AFAIK). guess what?! yes, you guessed it right!! :wink:

I am otm shank

A Muslim Guy who happens to be my Dad's colleague was from Gaya district of Bihar... He used to tell us that they will make it a practice for all boys from early stage to be present during the Qurbani of the animal... They wanted their kids to see blood to be mentally strong ... that is their thinking...
This is why Gurkha originated and Nepali are such fierce warriors. they know to strengthen their resolve. alot of "orthodox" Hindus can't even smell eggs cooking. they act like little children when they do and act offended. ( of course there are exceptions)

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
alot of "orthodox" Hindus can't even smell eggs cooking. they act like little children when they do and act offended. ( of course there are exceptions)
Thats funny because most Gujaratis over here that are supposed to be "orthodox" hindus eat egg and then pretend that they are still vegetarian because apparently the egg has not developed to a stage where it can be considered meat.

I am otm shank

Thats funny because most Gujaratis over here that are supposed to be "orthodox" hindus eat egg and then pretend that they are still vegetarian because apparently the egg has not developed to a stage where it can be considered meat.
I live in toronto and I've never met a guji that ate eggs..wərə your experiences with Canadians of guj descent? if you go to stores in Malton or Brampton look at how the classifieds boards advertising apts and jobs say veg only?

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
I live in toronto and I've never met a guji that ate eggs..wərə your experiences with Canadians of guj descent? if you go to stores in Malton or Brampton look at how the classifieds boards advertising apts and jobs say veg only?
They don't serve stuff with eggs in the restaurants here in Brampton but they eat eggs most of the Gujaratis I know eat eggs. I don't know much about the classified boards though.

I am otm shank

They don't serve stuff with eggs in the restaurants here in Brampton but they eat eggs most of the Gujaratis I know eat eggs. I don't know much about the classified boards though.
I meant are they born in Gujarat or were Canadians born here of Gujaratis parentts?
btw there's some awesome south infian restaurants now serving meat.

I love waraich. they have amazingly clean goat, lamb and quail for sale as meat and in prepared dishes

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
I meant are they born in Gujarat or were Canadians born here of Gujaratis parentts?
btw there's some awesome south infian restaurants now serving meat.

I love waraich. they have amazingly clean goat, lamb and quail for sale as meat and in prepared dishes
Born of Gujarati parents but they probably wouldn't eat egg if their parents didn't now would they.

I don't know of any great "south indian restaurants that serve waraich" around here the only south indian restaurant I know of around here is this vegetarian Tamil restaurant that serves idli sambar.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles