DFI - AV/Hi-Fi & Allied Gear Discussion Thread

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Hi Guys ...glad to see a thread ... I'm a techie fan for both AV and Gaming

I'm planning to buy a Gaming laptop, well I was amazed by the VR, But after seeing the price I can't afford

The MSI laptop with VR comes more than a Lakh, while the VR device also costs some 70,000 for Oculus Rift

damn If the VR gear price comes down by less than 20,000 i can able to buy

anyway my question is 3D is enough for me, or should i go uber costly VR laptop and Gear
Tried Samsung Gear VR - Virtual Reality Headset? Costs Rs 6895 on Amazon.

Here...(Page 3) http://www.amazon.in/s/ref=sr_pg_3?rh=i:aps,kculus+rift+vr+headset&page=3&keywords=oculus+rift+vr+headset&ie=UTF8&qid=1499605705&spIA=B01K523FJK,B01JLAQGNY,B01GCMTGLI,B01FQY1DNC

A chauhan

Country flag

A chauhan

Country flag
Any of you niggas use DACs or Amplifiers? There are whole forums dedicated to audophiles. Any audiophile gamer out here? I never got any expensive audio setup, I had a jugad system. I got an Asus Xonar for 2.3k and got 3 wires and plugged it in the existing 5.1 channel home theater. Well worth the money. The difference in quality is night and day. The 2.1 stereo speakers and headphones can only deliver a limited range of depth. Listening to bass on a 5.1 is pure bliss.

@Krusty There's a Korean brand that makes dual purpose IPS monitors called Wasabi Mango. They have big monitor ports and normal TV ports. It a 4k monitor which does 4k at 60Hz and supports 1080p at 120Hz with 10 bit data, as opposed to 8 bit in normal IPS, that puts it closer to an AMOLED quality. Price, just around 700$. What a time to be a live in.

Well, I cannot be called an audiophile but I have two sets of amplifiers 60watt RMS each and I have two speakers, one is cheap and second one which I made after lots of simulations in MJK's worksheets(MLTL). Both the speakers are 10" woofers and together they can shake any wooden surface. Apart from them I have 2 more 10" speakers (not woofers, 80watt each) which I used to hook as RL and RR for my dvd player which had pro logic 2. Center channel was tv speaker. So basically I had a hybrid setup mixing hifi and home theatre together and it was fantastic... :)

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
Just brought Asus gtx 1050 ti from courier office, since they were not interested in delivering it, they were showing "customer was not available at home" in their tracking id. fukcing dotzot service...

Can't upload pics...

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Just brought Asus gtx 1050 ti from courier office, since they were not interested in delivering it, they were showing "customer was not available at home" in their tracking id. fukcing dotzot service...

Can't upload pics...
Welcome to the GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE COMRADE

===================================================

A chauhan

Country flag
Crisis 2 1080p 60+ fps hardcore gamer mode.
The Forest 1080p highest settings 42 to 48 fps.
Will test just cause 2 which I have after installation... Downloading the hunter...I don't think that I'll have to overclock it for the games I have since 42 fps in the forest was quite playable.

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
Just cause 2 highest possible settings 56 fps average with built in benchmark test...:)

A chauhan

Country flag
Just cause 2 highest possible settings 56 fps average with built in benchmark test...:)
It's weird but today Just Cause 2 in built benchmark is showing 163.11 fps as average frame rate ... Edit - ok v sync was of.

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
Today I checked "Dying Light" in ultra settings, GPU OC preset, 1080p, 45 fps avg, but the thing I noticed is that GPU temperature was continuously at 70c ? I know that 97c is highest which 1050ti can reach and I am not worried but 70c too is a bit high, should I use two more cabinet fans and/or one fan directly pointing towards the GPU ?

Btw viewing distance was at default 50%, which was more than the need since in such games you have to deal with the surroundings. I felt while playing "Dying Light" as if I am playing Assassins Creed with lots of zombies and somewhat "mirrors edge" climbing skills...

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
Is Circle a Chinese company ?

An Angry Potato

Today I checked "Dying Light" in ultra settings, GPU OC preset, 1080p, 45 fps avg, but the thing I noticed is that GPU temperature was continuously at 70c ? I know that 97c is highest which 1050ti can reach and I am not worried but 70c too is a bit high, should I use two more cabinet fans and/or one fan directly pointing towards the GPU ?

Btw viewing distance was at default 50%, which was more than the need since in such games you have to deal with the surroundings. I felt while playing "Dying Light" as if I am playing Assassins Creed with lots of zombies and somewhat "mirrors edge" climbing skills...
(Not sure if you need help anymore but anyway) I would advise against using external fans. In my experience they blow in too much dust. You should use something like msi afterburner to set a fan curve for your gpu if you are worried about temps. 70 is a fairly average and should be nothing to worry about. Here is the fan curve i use for my 1070, with the average temperature being 65c.
[
Fan Curve.png

A chauhan

Country flag
(Not sure if you need help anymore but anyway) I would advise against using external fans. In my experience they blow in too much dust. You should use something like msi afterburner to set a fan curve for your gpu if you are worried about temps. 70 is a fairly average and should be nothing to worry about. Here is the fan curve i use for my 1070, with the average temperature being 65c.
[View attachment 18027
Thanks for your reply,
My cabinet has filters but still you are right the intake fans are taking much dust.

Asus GPU Tweak II also has options to set fan curve so I will try it first with copying your curve, but I have heard that MSI Afterburner is better.

Actually only after installing a GPU I realized that my PC is throwing warm air through exhaust fan. To check it I played Dying Light in highest settings for half an hour without lifting the cpu cover, and when I lifted it, it was full with warm air, so today I bought a Circle cabinet fan (Ru. 350/-) but with no speed control, for additional air intake.

Edit :- One more thing to note my 1050 ti Asus model has no ability to stop its fan, so its fan is always running with 30% rpm. :(

An Angry Potato

Thanks for your reply,
My cabinet has filters but still you are right the intake fans are taking much dust.

Asus GPU Tweak II also has options to set fan curve so I will try it first with copying your curve, but I have heard that MSI Afterburner is better.

Actually only after installing a GPU I realized that my PC is throwing warm air through exhaust fan. To check it I played Dying Light in highest settings for half an hour without lifting the cpu cover, and when I lifted it, it was full with warm air, so today I bought a Circle cabinet fan (Ru. 350/-) but with no speed control, for additional air intake.

Edit :- One more thing to note my 1050 ti Asus model has no ability to stop its fan, so its fan is always running with 30% rpm. :(
Glad to help :). Under most circumstances gpu fans do not turn off. Mine operates at 27% when idle. You can try to change this by using the adaptive power mode in nvidia control panel (right click>nvidia control panel). As for the warm air blowing through the exhaust, you might be using blower style fans where the card sucks in air from the front and chucks it out the back. As for gaming i would stay at high settings instead of ultra. Much better to play at high settings with a consistent framerate rather than a slightly better looking game with a unstable framerate.

A chauhan

Country flag
Glad to help :). Under most circumstances gpu fans do not turn off. Mine operates at 27% when idle. You can try to change this by using the adaptive power mode in nvidia control panel (right click>nvidia control panel). As for the warm air blowing through the exhaust, you might be using blower style fans where the card sucks in air from the front and chucks it out the back. As for gaming i would stay at high settings instead of ultra. Much better to play at high settings with a consistent framerate rather than a slightly better looking game with a unstable framerate.
Actually I also play at reasonable high settings, but since my GPU is new I am testing it :biggrin2:

gekko

No replies ? @aditya10r @OneGrimPilgrim

Have you guys seen "Peltier" thermoelectric device ? I just came across...
Yheahh..it doesn't work, leave it.

Get this, it is a generic water cooling block.

It's cheap at 9$. Just connect it to any tubing that fits it, and add a water pump (these are available for 200rs at decoration stores and fish tank stores). Good quality liquid cooling in under 1k. The same exact shit, if you buy it from a branded 'gaming' parts provider, it costs 10k.

After wasting 6k on air cooled heat sinks (CM 212 + 2 high pressure fans +3 case fans), I realized that this was much cheaper, much more cooling efficient, less noisy and no dust issues.

This is the EVGA CLC 280 (10krs). Not worth the price. You could put that money in a better GPU.

A chauhan

Country flag
Yheahh..it doesn't work, leave it.

Get this, it is a generic water cooling block.

It's cheap at 9$. Just connect it to any tubing that fits it, and add a water pump (these are available for 200rs at decoration stores and fish tank stores). Good quality liquid cooling in under 1k. The same exact shit, if you buy it from a branded 'gaming' parts provider, it costs 10k.

After wasting 6k on air cooled heat sinks (CM 212 + 2 high pressure fans +3 case fans), I realized that this was much cheaper, much more cooling efficient, less noisy and no dust issues.

This is the EVGA CLC 280 (10krs). Not worth the price. You could put that money in a better GPU.

Yes you are right, Peltier is good only for projects not for serious cpu cooling, any liquid cooler with good reputation is better than it.

Will surely consider your diy block.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles