Cars & Bikes - Automotive Discussion Thread

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
@aditya10r how is the RE continental GT ? One of my Friend is looking to put his money down for one and the main usage is about 40km city ride Everyday to/from work and weekend 200-300km highway drive for fun(one to two times a month). he likes effortless cruising (read torque). Have you tried it? What's your thought?

Either that or the TNT 300 is the other one yes looking at..
He can squeeze out and reach for the ninja 300 but that's the last option..
I wont recommend RE continental,the bike looks pure beauty but the throttle response,the weight distribution(very difficult to park) and most of all lack of bite in brakes(though she runs on pirellis and has brembo rear) is a total turn down.

Better buy dominar 400 or the duke 390.
The dominar is an amazing bike(i just did 150km ride) and i am satisfied,the brakes are good,riding position is sporty yet very comfortable,the tank is Okay(13l but okay,gives you a range of 300-350km).And there is ABS.

Better settle down for these two or if he is into long range touring an stuff then there is mojo(20 Liters of tank).

armyofhind

Country flag
This thing is an outright fun once off-road.

I mean i cannot ride this thing on road,i would go off road.
I dunno.. perhaps you're too used to the aggressive rider stance on sports bikes.

I like the upright stance better.

The bike itself runs pretty good.. The tyres feel great. I don't have to worry about the surface or loose gravel and such before lowering the bike into a ditch at speed.
It's the most refined Enfield yet.. corners great too. The weight IS on the higher side but they've designed the CG to be low and that helps.

And of course, taking it offroad is a dream.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I dunno.. perhaps you're too used to the aggressive rider stance on sports bikes.

I like the upright stance better.

The bike itself runs pretty good.. The tyres feel great. I don't have to worry about the surface or loose gravel and such before lowering the bike into a ditch at speed.
It's the most refined Enfield yet.. corners great too. The weight IS on the higher side but they've designed the CG to be low and that helps.

And of course, taking it offroad is a dream.
Yeah,it is very nible on and off the road.

Changed my view toward RE bikes(but vibes needs to be ironed out)

Krusty

Country flag
Not sure if you guys already seen this. Pretty old, damn awesome nonetheless.

Ironically , the engine in this car started its life within two ford Mondeos :shock:

Krusty

Country flag
I wont recommend RE continental,the bike looks pure beauty but the throttle response,the weight distribution(very difficult to park) and most of all lack of bite in brakes(though she runs on pirellis and has brembo rear) is a total turn down.

Better buy dominar 400 or the duke 390.
The dominar is an amazing bike(i just did 150km ride) and i am satisfied,the brakes are good,riding position is sporty yet very comfortable,the tank is Okay(13l but okay,gives you a range of 300-350km).And there is ABS.

Better settle down for these two or if he is into long range touring an stuff then there is mojo(20 Liters of tank).
Thank you for the input. I let him know. He will make a decision in a week to ten days.

Krusty

Country flag
@Project Dharma @Razor @captscooby81 @aditya10r

I know some of you don't follow Le Mans, but just wanted to gloat anyway :boink:

Lemans (widely considered the ultimate test for car engineering) 2017 results (ahem)

LMP1 class - Porsche beat Toyota (Toyota came 9th overall even behind LMP2 cars)

LMP2 class - Oreca (French) absolutely dominated taking TOP 3 Beating Toyota LMP1 contender (first time in history where an LMP2 beat LMP1) coming second and third overall behind Porsche

GTE pro class: Aston Martin beat Ford GT and Chevy Corvette

GTE am class - Ferrari 488 took TOP 3

:cowboy:

What are the Americans and Japs doing wrong? Rofl.. They just ... can't.. they should just stick to mounting huge superchargers and driving in straight lines for a few seconds or trucks that spew out tonnes of smoke :pound:

Let the Europeans take care of creme de la creme of automotive engineering...

IMG_3864.JPG

Last edited:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
@Krusty
Do you know anyone who can make a quick shifter??

For both up and down shifts,the Duke doesn't have one and I am quite used to it.just bang and change the gears no clutch ridiculously fun

Krusty

Country flag
@Krusty
Do you know anyone who can make a quick shifter??

For both up and down shifts,the Duke doesn't have one and I am quite used to it.just bang and change the gears no clutch ridiculously fun
Let me check with my Friend.. will update you sometime tomorrow. Aren't there aftermarket bolt ons for the duke?

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
How is the stability? That is the main question. Highway speeds, sudden deceleration and so on... quality remains to be seen. I hope it is an improvement over the pulsar range..

Btw Is that you?? Chappals and all..
Error,yeah that's me.forgot to put gear on.

The bike feels planted and stable in the corners and in the straights,very few vibes,did high speed cornering and stuff,hard core braking too.
The brakes are great,did not disappoint at all.

The clutch is quite heavy but it's okay.

It's a big thumbs up from my side.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Let me check with my Friend.. will update you sometime tomorrow. Aren't there aftermarket bolt ons for the duke?
I am getting a few but all of them are one way upshift.

I want the one which can do upshift as well as downshift,prefer a pressure type quickshifter

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
No need to worry buddy.

Found one
Nextup guys can make me one for 400usd

Krusty

Country flag
Error,yeah that's me.forgot to put gear on.

The bike feels planted and stable in the corners and in the straights,very few vibes,did high speed cornering and stuff,hard core braking too.
The brakes are great,did not disappoint at all.

The clutch is quite heavy but it's okay.

It's a big thumbs up from my side.
I spoke to the Friend (who was planning to buy a bike) and he is planning on putting his money on the dominar. Although he is torn by the more expensive (but smaller) benelli tnt300.. he's dropped the plan for the RE conti GT after taking a test ride in the dominar lol. It fits every thing perfectly, but he says he loves the TNT. Will know next week for sure...

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@Project Dharma @Razor @captscooby81 @aditya10r

I know some of you don't follow Le Mans, but just wanted to gloat anyway :boink:

Lemans (widely considered the ultimate test for car engineering) 2017 results (ahem)

LMP1 class - Porsche beat Toyota (Toyota came 9th overall even behind LMP2 cars)

LMP2 class - Oreca (French) absolutely dominated taking TOP 3 Beating Toyota LMP1 contender (first time in history where an LMP2 beat LMP1) coming second and third overall behind Porsche

GTE pro class: Aston Martin beat Ford GT and Chevy Corvette

GTE am class - Ferrari 488 took TOP 3

:cowboy:

What are the Americans and Japs doing wrong? Rofl.. They just ... can't.. they should just stick to mounting huge superchargers and driving in straight lines for a few seconds or trucks that spew out tonnes of smoke :pound:

Let the Europeans take care of creme de la creme of automotive engineering...

View attachment 16864
You still on about this :yawn:
BTW put that white orangutans pic in spoiler please, it scars the mind.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Automotive thread... what do you expect? :dude:
no no i mean this: "Let the Europeans take care of creme de la creme of automotive engineering."

:pft:

Cream de la creme?? euros? lulzzz

Japan :fyeah:

Last edited:

Krusty

Country flag
@Project Dharma @aditya10r

Check this out. Latest offering from dodge runs the quarter mile in 9.6 seconds! Even the lifer class bikes (+busa and 14r) will do Low 9s that too with a perfect start. It's so fast, dodge will sell it only after customers sign a 15 point disclaimer so they can't sue dodge when they crash inevitably.

Hemi V8.... Dharma ji, maybe this is the Hemi V8 you should buy...

Coming to the problem. You guys see it don't you? 900+ bhp V8 or a litre class Super bike will do it in Low to mid 9s. Whereas a tesla saloon capable of carrying 5 people and a boot full of luggage will be just a second slower while being all refined and quiet and comfortable and silent... and they are yet to release their sports model. Which will run rings around Super bikes and HyperCars..

Definitely end times ... :frusty:

I don't think @Razor would mind though.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
@armyofhind

Your Himalayan on a roll

=====================

=====================================================================

armyofhind

Country flag
@armyofhind

Your Himalayan on a roll

=====================

=====================================================================
:biggrin2::biggrin2:

It's like the chhota beta of the Tiger.
But still offers many of the capabilities.. in 1/10th the price.

I've added a slip on free flow exhaust and other customizations to mine.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles