Cars & Bikes - Automotive Discussion Thread

captscooby81

Country flag
well there is a certain level of data available for the number of european cars getting burned to dust well not sure whats the reason never troubled to find out with my deutsche counter parts .. Well i did seen some crazy accidents with these European cars ..Bentley continental going turtle top in highway at 200kmh and the person inside walked out with just minor bruises well it just rolled like a box coming down the hill ..Porsche 911 went aquaplaning again at 250kmh+ and caught fire still the occupant walked away with minor fire burns ..but i saw an Honda city collision with VW vento and man the front of honda was totaly jammed upto the A pillar where as the Vento had just bumper damage in the rear ...

Apparently the car hit a speed breaker then swerved out of control, then hit a tree and caught fire almost immediately. :hmm:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...ed-in-accident-in-chennai/article17526381.ece

These bmw sure have a thing for fire.

Fucked up, man.

Krusty

Country flag
Wow, yep exactly what I'm talking about. They also have a history of spontaneously combusting while parked.

If they can cheat on emissions, they can pay money to hush up the accident specially in India.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/bmw-mystery-fires-abc-news-investigation/story?id=47335778
Saaar I saw this one. I can bet you any money that 'pro' driver was drunk as fuck. I use to commute in that same road Everyday. There is no way I would crash a car there. Let alone at a time when no one is using the road. Check the photo, it's available online. The 'pro' managed to wedge the car between a wall and a tree. Even if the car wasn't totalled, you won't be able to open the doors from such a position. I bet the parents of the kid also paid hush money for the FIR being made out as the occupants not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Krusty

Country flag
I concede that ever since European high end manufacturers (especially Porsche/Ferrari/Lamborghini) started producing fake 'high end' supercars for poor people (For the sake of 'volume'), their products started to have small issues like.... um... the cars spontaneously combusting and ending up as a pile of ash :pokerface:

It was an issue with the previous 911GT2, the 458 and Gallardo

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I concede that ever since European high end manufacturers (especially Porsche/Ferrari/Lamborghini) started producing fake 'high end' supercars for poor people, their products started to have small issues like.... um... the cars spontaneously combusting and ending up as a pile of ash :pokerface:
I also freely concede that I'm too poor to have any knowledge let alone hands on experience with supercars in the league of Ferrari/Lamborghini etc. I am talking about cars that the average Joe like me can buy or hope to buy one day like the 3 series, 5 series, A4, A6, C class, E class etc

Krusty

Country flag
I also freely concede that I'm too poor to have any knowledge let alone hands on experience with supercars in the league of Ferrari/Lamborghini etc. I am talking about cars that the average Joe like me can buy or hope to buy one day like the 3 series, 5 series, A4, A6, C class, E class etc
If you are talking about fires, you might as well include the likes of Chevy and ford. The ecoboost series especially is notorious. Just google ford engine fire..

One thing I have noticed among my friends circle. The guys who have 'regular' cars (myself with my humble i10 included) take care of them like the Apple of their eye. My i10 is 6years old and I keep it in pristine condition not missing a single service. But my friends who own Mercs and BMWs and Audis inevitably have multiple cars and treat them like disposable tissues. For them, it's a matter of throwing it away and buying a new one when something cool is released. They are maintained far worse than my i10. Ofcourse from the outside they are clean, but it's taken to construction sites and driven around places where I have seen lorries carrying sand get stuck.

@Razor you must have seen the movie Vellailla pattathari. That construction site is owned by my Friend. He was paid to stop construction for a month to facilitate the shooting. Imagine mercs and BMWs pulling on it Everyday. And the movie doesn't even show the worst of the patches. I'll try to find a pic. I wouldn't even imagine taking my car there.

Krusty

Country flag

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
I heard it somewhere that 90% of all jaguar's land Rover ever built are still running. Having said that, Murka has this habbit of thinking that its cars and trucks are one of the best and they are living in some sort of lalaland, while choosing Drumf as a President. Let me tell you something about Murican's cars , they are piece of garbage. Even Honda's and Hyundai's cars are better than bloody Ford's. Atleast Honda's roll.
And if you can't understand simplest difference between European engineering and Murican engineering. You actually deserve that piece of shit Ford you own.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
In don't think you will like this....

Tesla Beats down tuned ICE cars. The end is nigh!! Check out the last race carefully and the events that follow
And EV tech is in very initial stage when compared to IC engines. As there will be progress in battery technology you will see much more faster and efficient vehicles.
IC engines have their own thrill but its tech has already come to it's age.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Sir ji, I understand your love for Subaru. But isn't it time to be fair and compare cars from the same segments from American and European cars? Bring out the big chevys and Fords. There are small 12k$ hatchbacks which scored brilliantly, but it isn't a fair comparison is it?
I was being facetious, here is a fair comparison with the 5 series.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/lexus/gs-4-door-sedan

upload_2017-5-17_19-29-39.png

vs

upload_2017-5-17_19-30-34.png

Superior resale value according to kbb:

The GS 350’s likely European competitors, the Audi A6, BMW 5 Series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class, tend to have starting prices above that of the GS and are fairly close to each other in resale values, but the GS 350 is expected to maintain both 3-year and 5-year residuals that are higher, thus paying benefits in the long term.

As for American cars, the Cadillac isn't bad at the crash test

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/cadillac/cts-4-door-sedan

But I freely admit I'd rather have the 5 series over it.

American forte is in building muscle cars that give German sporty sedans a run for their money at a fraction of the cost and in building trucks like the Ford F150 at which no German can touch them presently.

Krusty

Country flag
And EV tech is in very initial stage when compared to IC engines. As there will be progress in battery technology you will see much more faster and efficient vehicles.
IC engines have their own thrill but its tech has already come to it's age.
I should say I'm strictly on team ICE. Although I do see your point. Most big manufactures have already announced they would go electric. My biggest heartbreak was when AMG boss said we would leave behind ICE and plan to go purely electric for the future. I don't like the way things are headed. I even tried formula E. it was beyond boring though.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles