Denmark: Friday prayers held at Scandinavia's first Female-led Mosque

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Denmark: Friday prayers held at Scandinavia's first Female-led Mosque

The first female-led mosque in Scandinavia yesterday held its first Friday prayers.

The historic occasion was attended by more than 60 women,the Guardian reported. There are very few women-led mosques in the world, and none in Scandinavia apart from the Mariam mosque in Copenhagen.

Sherin Khankan (R) said the mosque hopes to "challenge patriarchal structures within religious institutions".

The mosque opened in February, but until now had not been able to hold Friday prayers, an important part of the Muslim calendar. The service was led by two female imams, Sherin Khankan and Saliha Marie Fetteh, and the call to prayer was sung by a woman.

Fetteh gave a sermon on the issue of "women and Islam in a modern world". Khankan told the Guardian the mosque hopes to "challenge patriarchal structures within religious institutions".

"Islam has been male-dominated, women are still not equal in Catholicism and Judaism, and were only ordained in the Protestant faith [in Denmark] in 1948," she said."It is possible to change patriarchal structures but it's a long journey and we have met opposition."

However, the women have also had a "very positive reaction" from people around the world, especially in Arab countries, Khankan added. There is "no valid religious criticism of us," she said. "We are on safe theological ground."

"We represent a modernist, spiritual approach to Islam. We are seeking to create an alternative voice, without delegitimising others. We want the Mariam mosque to be a place where everyone can come, and we can flourish together. What happens in a mosque goes way beyond the mosque itself – it affects society."

Last year, the first all-female mosque in the US was opened. The Women's Mosque of America in downtown LA seeks to "empower Muslim women and girls and better the Muslim and American communities at large."

Founders Hasna Maznavi and Sana Muttalib said they wanted to encourage women to participate in all areas of life at the place of worship, including the call to prayer and the sermon."I want every woman to experience what it feels like to learn from a female religious authority in the mosque," Maznavi said.

The mosque also wanted to challenge “patriarchal interpretations” of the Quran, confront growing Islamophobia and promote Islamic progressive values. “It is possible to change patriarchal structures but it’s a long journey and we have met opposition. But we decided not to focus on the opposition and instead speak about all the people who support us. We’ve had very positive reactions to the mosque – from Pakistan, Iran, Europe, Turkey, Arab countries,” Khankan said.

=================================================================================
@Abhijat @A chauhan @Alien @alphacentury @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @Bharat Ek Khoj @blueblood @brational @Bangalorean @Blackwater @Bornubus @bose @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @ersakthivel @fooLIam @gpawar @guru-dutt @hit&run @HariPrasad-1 @Indx TechStyle @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @maomao @Mad Indian @OneGrimPilgrim @Peter @piKacHHu @pmaitra @porky_kicker @Razor @raja696 @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @saty @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @Screambowl @sorcerer @Simple_Guy @Sylex21 @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @thethinker @vayuu1 @VIP @Vishwarupa @VIP @Varahamihira @roma @Navnit Kundu

@Gabriel92 : Any comments? Is France and all EU going to open such Mosques?

raja696

I really love to see if those woman leading mosques are ultra real feminists... and start nailing oppression of women prescribed by mr peaceful.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I really love to see if those woman leading mosques are ultra real feminists... and start nailing oppression of women prescribed by mr peaceful.
Good catch and I was just checking her background since I smelled something fishy after her comment "Challenge patriarchal structures within religious institutions". A little research about this Female-Mullah is interesting. She is a mixed blood of some Muslim Syrian dad and Finn mother.

Her FB profile has pics of her parents Also her husband might be a Paki based on his name,face and specially dress.Can anyone please check if he is from Pakistan?
https://www.facebook.com/sherin.khankan/

Sherin husbnd .jpg

https://translate.google.co.in/tran...wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherin_Khankan&prev=search
Sherin Khankan (born 13. October 1974 ) [1] a writer, speaker and social commentator. Previously a regular writer on Dagbladet Information, Jyllands Posten and the Christian-Dagblad. She has a Syrian Muslim father and a Finnish Christian mother. She holds a master. mag. in the sociology of religion and philosophy at Copenhagen University specializing in Islamic activism and Sufism in Syria. She has dealt with Islam in Europe over the last 12 years. She is founder and spokeswoman for the Forum for Critical Muslims and has been a member of and parliamentary candidate for the Social Liberal Party . She is the author of "Islam and Reconciliation - a public matter" (2006, Lindhardt & Ringhof), Muslim Islam- Religion-Culture Society (2010, Pantheon) and Paradise lies under the mother's feet (2011, Haase & Son). Moreover contributor to several anthologies including books "The Red Shoes-Feminism Now" (2002), "Words of Conscience" (2004) and "Syrians Damascus" (2005). Sherin is also one of the 12 contributors to the interview "Born in an intersection" of the book "Out of Love" (2007) by Anna Bridgewater, which deals with motherhood. [2] Sherin Khankan founded in January 2013 "Syrian Opposition in Denmark", a Danish Syrian resistance movement in support of the democratic opposition inside and outside Syria. She married Imran Sarwar [3] in 2003 and together they have children, Aisha Dunya (b. 2004) and Salaheddin Yusuf (b. 2007). Sherin participated in the debate program "debate" on DR2 d. March 26, 2009 heavily pregnant with her third child, Gabriel Hamza. [4]

Old pic of her Syrian dad and Finn mom from FB profile.

Sherin parents.jpg

Her Syrian dad and Finn mom from FB profile.

Sherin parents 2.jpg

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@Gabriel92 : So you want to fight Islam with Feminism and liberalization? :pound:

The above two are major reasons why europe is where it is now.
Islam is a convenient thing to blame, but the rot of europe comes from within, and spreads across the world.

Gay pride event, somewhere in the western empire... in South korea :facepalm:
Look at this ******ry, courtesy Western Empire.

Last edited:

Gabriel92

Country flag
@Gabriel92 : So you want to fight Islam with Feminism and liberalization? :pound:

Islam is a convenient thing to blame, but the rot of europe comes from within, and spreads across the world.

The gay pride is a disgrace,only reinforces the stereotypes aginst LGBT people and doesn't help fight homophobia at all. I agree on this. But LGBT people represent a very small percentage of the population.

Don't act as if there were no LGBT people in india,russia or in the muslim world. But how many would dare to come out of the closet when homosexuality is punished by years in jail or even by death penalty ?

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@Gabriel92 : What are you trying to prove posting pics of West inspired indian ******s, high on the freedoom bug??

******ry and some similar western nonsense is banned in india.

What i was trying to say is that it is exactly because of those fictional things like gay pride and what not that what ever little culture you guys had, has been degraded to filth. This is why you are having crises in your european peninsula.
I'm telling you this and you are posting pics of western sponsored events in india. :lol:

Gabriel92

Country flag
@Gabriel92 : What are you trying to prove posting pics of West inspired indian ******s, high on the freedoom bug??

******ry and some similar western nonsense is banned in india.

What i was trying to say is that it is exactly because of those fictional things like gay pride and what not that what ever little culture you guys had, has been degraded to filth. This is why you are having crises in your european peninsula.
I'm telling you this and you are posting pics of western sponsored events in india. :lol:
Sure,every problems in India is because of western sponsored NGOs and what else. :lol:
What are you doing in ****** west then ? Why do you have a NL flag ?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Sure,every problems in India is because of western sponsored NGOs and what else. :lol:
:lol:

I m not saying all problems are, of course not. When did I say that? Are you delusional??
Some specific problems which have to do with the liberalization and globalization agenda of the west, that is the west inspired disease im referring to.

I don't live in west dear gabby. I live in India. (Check the location space on the left.)
Have you heard of proxies?? I use hide.me
Sometimes I use ninjaproxy at those times I have a US flag.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Not only our government should push for women to lead prayers,but also to LGBT imams to preach in mosques. Islam should be more open and tolerant.
That's gonna be hilarious if EU can manage to do it.All LGBT can start going to Mosque and do Friday prayers.They can wear Rainbow Burqa as well and confirm that Islam is tolerant and peaceful.

They can even raise a rainbow flag over Mosque which would mean LGBT/Feminist friendly Mosque and it would increase the Friday attendance for sure. :pound:

:rofl: :rofl:

This LGBT/Feminism and Islam are extreme spectrum of "rainbow". Too much of everything is bad so either its Liberalism or Autocracy.Far Left or Far Right.

Check the rainbow version below... not sure whats written in camel font! :pound:

Gabriel92

Country flag
That's gonna be hilarious if EU can manage to do it.All LGBT can start going to Mosque and do Friday prayers.They can wear Rainbow Burqa as well and confirm that Islam is tolerant and peaceful.

They can even raise a rainbow flag over Mosque which would mean LGBT/Feminist friendly Mosque and it would increase the Friday attendance for sure. :pound:

:rofl: :rofl:

This LGBT/Feminism and Islam are extreme spectrum of "rainbow". Too much of everything is bad so either its Liberalism or Autocracy.Far Left or Far Right.

Check the rainbow version below... not sure whats written in camel font! :pound:

In the most conservative muslim countries,they are closing their eyes and are allowing gay parties.
Whatever you might say,the nightlife in saudi arabia is so "ou la la". Allowing this in the most saint place of islam ?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
In the most conservative muslim countries,they are closing their eyes and are allowing gay parties.
Whatever you might say,the nightlife in saudi arabia is so "ou la la". Allowing this in the most saint place of islam ?
You mean Royal/Elite family OR it's happening in common homes and hotels in open?

Gabriel92

Country flag
You mean Royal/Elite family OR it's happening in common homes and hotels in open?
I heard it's forbidden but somewhat "tolerated." Gay parties are organized in private and of course many are organized by the elites or princes however you want to call them.
This happening in the most saint place of islam is just hilarious. The debauchery has reached such level there but muslims are blind.

airtel

Country flag
Why don't they go to saudi arabia or iran ? They fear nothing,so why don't they preach there ? :D
they will be Killed , even Muslims in India started rioting and destroyed " Amar jawan jyoti " because somebody posted cartoons of mohamad in denmark .

Indian muslims & sickular are also opposing burkini ban in France .

Last edited:

airtel

Country flag
this is true most of the feminists anti national NgO's are sponsored & by western money .ok i am posting new thread about funding of feminist NGO's in India .

:lol:

I m not saying all problems are, of course not. When did I say that? Are you delusional??
Some specific problems which have to do with the liberalization and globalization agenda of the west, that is the west inspired disease im referring to.

I don't live in west dear gabby. I live in India. (Check the location space on the left.)
Have you heard of proxies?? I use hide.me
Sometimes I use ninjaproxy at those times I have a US flag.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles