Democratic Senator thinks Russia is an ally

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Chuck Schumer Goes On Furious Tirade At Vladimir Putin For Allowing Edward Snowden To Land In Russia - Houston Chronicle

U.S. Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) blasted Russian President Vladimir Putin Sunday, saying he stuck "a finger in the eye of the United States" by allowing NSA leaker Edward Snowden to land in Moscow.

"What's infuriating here is Prime Minister Putin of Russia aiding and abetting Snowden's escape. The bottom line is very simple," Schumer said on CNN's "State of the Union."

"Allies are supposed to treat each other in decent ways, and Putin always seems almost eager to put a finger in the eye of the United States, whether it is Syria, Iran, and now, of course, with Snowden. That's not how allies should treat one another, and I think it will have serious consequences for the United States-Russia relationship."

amoy

And he thinks Putin is "Prime Minister"?

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...rketing-complex-coming-soon-computer-near-you
Why scary? Because the "we" in this case is Silicon Valley and the American intelligence community. As James Risen and Nick Wingfield reported yesterday in the New York Times, the interests of tech companies and the NSA have been converging over the past decade in two ways. The first way is fairly prosaic: Lots of Silicon Valley companies are in the business of selling stuff to the NSA: storage hardware, sophisticated communications equipment, data analytics software, and more. But while this may have increased recently, it's not fundamentally new. It's just the latest high-tech twist on the good old military-industrial complex.

But there's a second way that the interests of Fort Meade and Santa Clara County have converged: These days, they're fundamentally in the same business. The NSA calls it surveillance, and all the rest of us just call it spying. Silicon Valley, conversely, wouldn't be caught dead calling it that. They call it "targeted advertising" or "monetizing the social network." But it's pretty much the same thing.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Cant blame the poor soul, putin will look like an ally only infront of al-qaida oh i mean syrian rebels.

t_co

Cant blame the poor soul, putin will look like an ally only infront of al-qaida oh i mean syrian rebels.
The hyperventilating over Snowden by the entire US political class is pretty strange. Why would the US be throwing such an extended temper tantrum for one guy and four laptops?

IBSA

Country flag
"Allies are supposed to treat each other in decent ways, and Putin always seems almost eager to put a finger in the eye of the United States, whether it is Syria, Iran, and now, of course, with Snowden"
Obama: Hey, Putin, give me back this guy

Putin: :finger:

Obama: :facepalm:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles