Defexpo India 2016

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
The Kestral is going to be very useful for amphibious ops and the North/NE. The tracked FICV will be more suited for the Western sector.

Look around the world, all modern armies have a mix of wheeled and tracked IFVs, the IA is lagging behind badly in this regard.

+ I heard something rather interesting regarding the Kestral; apparently the IA had looked very hard at the US army's "Stryker Brigade combat team: concept (remember all that news of India getting the Stryker 6-7 years back?) and perhaps this is a concept the IA are looking to apply with the Kestral. Note, TATA have already stated there are over a dozen configurations for the Kestral (mortar carrier, C&C, ambulance, recovery vehicle etc etc). Again, the main use for this concept would be in the North and NE.
First pics of Kestral at DefExpo :

@Superdefender Yup, Parrikar has personally given a statement that DPP will be unveiled tomorrow.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!

Seriously, stop this $hit Parikar "I don't set timelines"?? Really???
This is the smartest Defense minister India's ever had, but he doesn't have the gift of glib. Many a times I've seen him say things in moments of indiscretion. The first statement that he gave after being appointed Def Min was "Congress had removed deep assets from Pakistan, we are in the process of planting them now" :doh:

I was like, thanks sir, can you also tell us the nuclear launch codes?

abingdonboy

Country flag
This is the smartest Defense minister India's ever had, but he doesn't have the gift of glib. Many a times I've seen him say things in moments of indiscretion. The first statement that he gave after being appointed Def Min was "Congress had removed deep assets from Pakistan, we are in the process of planting them now" :doh:

I was like, thanks sir, can you also tell us the nuclear launch codes?
Every time he opens his mouth I am expecting another epic fail. I don't know if it is intentional or not but he seems unable to contain himself from saying silly things and he also is very very inconsistent, his public statements almost never align with one another. One day he will say X then the next day say X is not true. It's so stupid.

A few weeks back he said the money was there for the Rafale, now he is saying money is an issue. On moment he says the Paki JIT won't be allowed onto military bases, then he says that it is the NIA's crime scene and they can allow whomever they want to into the base.

Excellent news, but any information about TATA Light Recon vehicle and Helina
Are you talking about the LAMV?

Superdefender

Maximum projects are from US, than Russia, then UK. What is the no. of India?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Every time he opens his mouth I am expecting another epic fail. I don't know if it is intentional or not but he seems unable to contain himself from saying silly things and he also is very very inconsistent, his public statements almost never align with one another. One day he will say X then the next day say X is not true. It's so stupid.

A few weeks back he said the money was there for the Rafale, now he is saying money is an issue. On moment he says the Paki JIT won't be allowed onto military bases, then he says that it is the NIA's crime scene and they can allow whomever they want to into the base.

Are you talking about the LAMV?
When you get a technocrat, there will be pros and cons...

I'd bet on Parrikar any day than the previous three RMs.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Largest delegation from US (93 companies), Russia (71), Great Britain (46), Germany (39), France (28), Israel (28).
Indian companies=540
Foreign companies=490
Funny, answering my own question.
What's funny is that Israel does more defence buisness with India than Germany, the Uk and France.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles