Dassault bosses in India to seal 'mother of all defence deals'

Srinivas_K

Country flag
The deal is also about ToT so that Indian aerospace can absorb the advanced tech. And also develop to the level of European aerospace agencies.

India is impressed by French avionics when French demonstrated their tech against Su 30 MKI.

@rohit b3

Think about it this way. If you are given enough money to buy a BMW and then you go out and buy something lesser and then return the rest of the money, who is the one winning here?

IAF wanted 120-200 aircraft and they were given practically an unlimited budget. They chose the BMW. A wise decision and IAF did not waste money here. They bought something that they sorely need and something that aircraft like LCA Mk2 or others don't provide at all.

Thinking about money is fine during peace time, but when a war happens and you are lacking a certain capability that LCA doesn't provide then that will hit us hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

halloweene

Sir, i may not be in the armed forces, or a science student to understand each and every tech experts talk about on here. But being a commerce student, i wouldn pay 150mil$/aircraft , even for a 5th generation aircraft today, let alone a 4.5th gen. A 4th gen Tejas costs 26mil$, a 4.5th gen Tejas MKll would cost about 50mil$ max? and a 5th gen FGFA costs 100mil$ which will escalate to 150mil$ in 2020.
You are comparing apples and oranges (total acquisition cost and fly away cost) and forgetting the price of industrialization process. Rafale fly away cost is documented from french senate, see here (there is a link to official senate page and a google translate button) le portail des passionnés de l'aviation: Le véritable prix du Rafale, par version

57.5 million euros for the C variant.

About F35 / Rafale comparison, Refer to Dutch study giving an overall 3% difference in capabilities, and that is before several characteristics were downgraded on F35.

suny6611

Country flag
i would go with the performance even if it costs a bit. Tejas is a new fighter, but rafales have been proven in battlefield and is an excellent multirole aircraft. Also tejas i believe will be produced in 10-20 aircrafts per year. So it will take a long time to fill up the gap of mig 21. So induction of 126 rafale fighters is a good way to maintain the parity with our chinese and paki neighbours.......
& what will be the assemble rate of rafale............same!!!!

the performance of these a/cs is the main difference. just because 1 cost less does not mean that more of those can substructure the other.

what 1 SU30 can do as a single a/c 3 tejas can not.

if price is the main point, for induction of an a/c in any air force then just go for more of MIG 21:lol::confused:

Immanuel

Country flag
You are comparing apples and oranges (total acquisition cost and fly away cost) and forgetting the price of industrialization process. Rafale fly away cost is documented from french senate, see here (there is a link to official senate page and a google translate button) le portail des passionnés de l'aviation: Le véritable prix du Rafale, par version

57.5 million euros for the C variant.

About F35 / Rafale comparison, Refer to Dutch study giving an overall 3% difference in capabilities, and that is before several characteristics were downgraded on F35.
Actually the price you quote is the one for French AF perhaps, India is going to be paying between between 750-850 crores i.e 120-140 million per bird, big difference.

Global Defence

Articles