Comparative detail of cost factor of the 6 MMRCA contenders

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
not possible to search the entire MRCA thread....

can you put it here....
I am really not going to dig through all that again, but this should quench your thirst to the validity of my statement.

General Patrick Dufour, director of the Rafale program at the Délégation Générale de l'Armement, France's defense procurement agency... put the average cost of a Rafale at €50 million, or $64 million, and the Typhoon - a collaboration grouping Italy, Germany, Spain and Britain - at about £65 million, or $120 million

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/16/business/worldbusiness/16iht-rairfight.2213287.html
Tack on 4 years of inflation and the current price is in the $70-80 million range not accounting for a weak Euro.

luckyy

I am really not going to dig through all that again, but this should quench your thirst to the validity of my statement.

Tack on 4 years of inflation and the current price is in the $70-80 million range not accounting for a weak Euro.
the report itself is speculative in nature , at one dise it clam rafale average cost is $64 million and eurofighter 120ml$...then it also said both aircraft had been offered to Singapore and South Korea at about $95 million each, ...

i think we should take the price at which they are offered...

$95ml for rafale , now you add a 4 year inflation to it...

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
the report itself in speculative in nature , at one dise it clam rafale average cost is $64 million and eurofighter 120ml$...then it also said both aircraft had been offered to Singapore and South Korea at about $95 million each, ...

i think we should take the price at which they are offered...

$95ml for rafale , now you add a 4 year inflation to it...
The statement is given from the Director of the Rafale Programme, there is nothing speculative about that. What Kemp says is speculative, he has nothing to do with our offer. The price is what DGA states. No argument about it when you get it from the source.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Total cost of a contract that India will sign up will include lifetime maintenance costs. Now that will include engines. Approx cost of the GE 414 about $8million i think. India has paid $6mill for the 404. Cost of a couple of these engines on the SH is equal to the entire cost of the JF17!!

Avionics is a major cost factor too. Just imagine India is paying so much for the Mirage upgrade.

Weapons on offer and the quality of the weapons. Each of those have to be analysed.

How long the airframe will last and will be upgradeable after that to suck out even the last drop from it like most countries do like India did with the MiG 21s.

Lucky sighting contracts of each country cannot give us the price India is going to pay as the RFQ of individual countries varies.

luckyy

The statement is given from the Director of the Rafale Programme, there is nothing speculative about that. What Kemp says is speculative, he has nothing to do with our offer. The price is what DGA states. No argument about it when you get it from the source.
The statement is given from the Director of the Rafale Programme also states that Rafale was offered to Singapore and South Korea at about $95 million , ...

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The statement is given from the Director of the Rafale Programme also states that Rafale was offered to Singapore and South Korea at about $95 million , ...
Read it again, that was said by Kemp. Dufour is head of Rafale.

Welcome

Country flag
i think Rafael price is B/W $60-$70 mn. however only 3 aircraft can win the the MRCA. Eurofighter,f-18 and rafael. 20% chance for Rafael,40%-40% chance for Eurofighter and f-18 to win the mrca. 20% chance for Rafael bcoz Rafael already failed in technical evaluation.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Welcome, an MRCA thread exists. Please post anything on the fighters over there. This thread was opened to only discuss cost.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
that's why the report is totally speculative....

nobady know what he is saying...one person says 60ml$ other says 95...
I am not going to waste time arguing over what the head of the Rafale programme knows. He is the damn head of the programme, end of story.

Bye

luckyy

Total cost of a contract that India will sign up will include lifetime maintenance costs. Now that will include engines. Approx cost of the GE 414 about $8million i think. India has paid $6mill for the 404. Cost of a couple of these engines on the SH is equal to the entire cost of the JF17!!

Avionics is a major cost factor too. Just imagine India is paying so much for the Mirage upgrade.

Weapons on offer and the quality of the weapons. Each of those have to be analysed.

How long the airframe will last and will be upgradeable after that to suck out even the last drop from it like most countries do like India did with the MiG 21s.

Lucky sighting contracts of each country cannot give us the price India is going to pay as the RFQ of individual countries varies.
correct , amarican or europian fighter jet engines did cost expansive between 6-8ml$...in contrast russian engine cost oly 3ml$.....but then these expansive engine last much longer...

upgrade is another big deal...and amaricans and europians did cost very very expansive..

pakistan just paid about 35ml$/plane for the upgrade of their old F-16s ...
french are demanding near to 40ml$ from us to upgrade the mirages..
on other side russians doing the mig-29 upgrade at 15ml$/plane...

RFQ of individual countries varies but do we thing IAF requartements be anything less or more then the
Singapore and South Korea air force ..?

Welcome

Country flag
that's why the report is totally speculative....

nobady know what he is saying...one person says 60ml$ other says 95...
i think it cost is B/W $60-70 mn. however the life time cost is lower than other mrca aircraft. we have experience France Mirage 2000. IAF recently gave $43 per aircraft to upgrade it. however can any body tell me what is the cost of Rafael engine bcoz one aircraft require at least 2 engine replacement...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India never considered the life cycle cost before. It anyways had just one supplier and it just went with it.

A Russian engine may be cheaper, but will it be as maintenance free and last longer as the western? If the overhaul time for Russian engine is 1500-2000 hours, the western ones are at about 4000 hours. The SH is designed for a service life of about 8000 hours. USN is considering a $25mil per sample to extend it to 10,000 hours. How long will the competition last? In 8000 hours there will be one engine change for the SH. In 8000 hours of flight a Russian engine will be changed 3 or four times.

India is going to work out complete package. Say 8000 hours of service life and how much will each cost per plane under normal circumstances. Then talk about the armaments. Which performs better and how much does it cost. The thing with Russain or European systems is that we can integrate other systems on it. With the US, with the end user agreement we are not sure we can say get the R-73s or R-77s integrated with it or even our own Astras.

luckyy

i think it cost is B/W $60-70 mn. however the life time cost is lower than other mrca aircraft. we have experience France Mirage 2000. IAF recently gave $43 per aircraft to upgrade it. however can any body tell me what is the cost of Rafael engine bcoz one aircraft require at least 2 engine replacement...
way back in 2005 ,IAF wish to buy Qutar's mirage but deal didn't happened because quater demanding 66ml$/plane...
http://www.defesanet.com.br/fx/catar.htm
what makes you think that in 2010 , Rafale will be costing 60-70ml...

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Euro is quite a bit cheaper than it was 4 years ago.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Commodities prices go up and down. Steel prices 2 or 3 years ago was much higher than what it is today. So were some other metals notably aluminum and copper.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles