Chinese daily calls for 'small-scale war' against Philippines

jatkshatriya

It is time for India to start developing relationships with Chinas neighbours, this is the moment India should cash right on the go, Indian Foreign Minister should personally carry copies of this article to all the Chinas neighbours, the intentikons are clear, if the samll neighbours dont take a stand right now , Chinese will become more bold, and if the pwerful Asian nations (India and Japan) including Russia should strongly back phillipines in case of military action, even if that leads to war, it is better to crush fascism as early as possible. China has to be delivered this message - It simply cannot bully others to submit to its unjust demands.

Kiyoshi

No, ASEAN should start a NATO like military alliance. Attack one, its an attack on all. Over time, the US, India and Japan will get involved but ASEAN has to man up first.

I think that's impossible at the moment since most of our neighbors are silent about the issue, our country even asked the ASEAN members to support our claim but they were either neutral or scared what might happen to their economy if they try to offend china. only INDONESIA that supports the philippines, it is a test on how ASEAN will work in the future.

Last edited:
Country flag
ASEAN needs to strengthen it's position as a group or China will
pick each nation apart and pillage your resources.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In the last ASEAN meeting, just to ensure that other issues were not derailed, Kampuchea prevailed on the others not to take up the South China Sea issue showing China in bad light!

s002wjh

Country flag
I think that's impossible at the moment since most of our neighbors are silent about the issue, our country even asked the ASEAN members to support our claim but they were either neutral or scared what might happen to their economy if they try to offend china. only INDONESIA that supports the philippines, it is a test on how ASEAN will work in the future.
of course they are silent.
1. philippine claim has overlap with vietnam/malasia claim.
2. no one really want to go up against china for others claim.

as long the ASEAN has internal difference, it wont bond together. you guys need to solve the claim between vietnam, malaysia and others first.

trackwhack

China wont do squat, their lifeline runs through SCS. CCP wont last a month if the sea lanes are shut and war effectively means that. However a unified front obviously would scare them off for good. Maybe the way to go is bilateral treaties and then later on a broader ASEAN alliance.

btw, welcome to the forums Kiyoshi.

William of Tyre

I wish the Chinese would just do it and don't talk too much.... perhaps they want to avenge the Chinese massacre in the Philippines. In 1603, at least 30,000 Chinese merchants were slaughtered and in Luzon Chinese officials and civilians were killed. They weren't even able to avenge it. Hope they haven't forgotten that.

Country flag
ASEAN needs to get US more involved the Chinese are ready to use force to
loot your resources most ASEAN members are US allies. why weren't the Japanese
and Americans invited as guests at the ASEAN meeting??

s002wjh

Country flag
China wont do squat, their lifeline runs through SCS. CCP wont last a month if the sea lanes are shut and war effectively means that. However a unified front obviously would scare them off for good. Maybe the way to go is bilateral treaties and then later on a broader ASEAN alliance.

its only shut if US start a conflict with china in that reigion. i doubt any asean has the ability to blockade china.

Country flag
I wish the Chinese would just do it and don't talk too much.... perhaps they want to avenge the Chinese massacre in the Philippines. In 1603, at least 30,000 Chinese merchants were slaughtered and in Luzon Chinese officials and civilians were killed. They weren't even able to avenge it. Hope they haven't forgotten that.
The Chinese fear any embarrassment would make people wonder about their
BS peaceful rise and if they really are a P5 nation?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
for starter the article is from NON-important person. its the same stuff that many NON-important US reporter/official said past few year about attack N.korea. Unless there is a high level offical said the same thing i doubt it will every happen. china is pursing diplomatic action to keep others from asking help from US, play against the difference between ASEAN. last thing they wanted is start a war.
Yeah well US is a democracy:nod:. They allow publication of whatever shit there is :nod:. IT cant be taken as a US govt stand:nono:

But Chinese on the other hand are a BIT differant- if you know what i mean- :heh:...Chinese are nothing more than Slaves to their govt. Hence the person who wrote this article must be a 50 center like "professional" who just gave a Chicom view on it to see the response from the outside world:nod:- True Story.

s002wjh

Country flag
ASEAN needs to get US more involved the Chinese are ready to use force to
loot your resources most ASEAN members are US allies. why weren't the Japanese
and Americans invited as guests at the ASEAN meeting??
because most ASEAN are not US ally other than philipine. most asean are suspicious about US. japan has no rule in SCS, it doesn't want to invole in a china conflict. the only reason some ASEAN move closer to US was because past few years china has been assertive in that region, but they learn that lesson and start backing down a bit.

Country flag
because most ASEAN are not US ally other than philipine. most asean are suspicious about US. japan has no rule in SCS, it doesn't want to invole in a china conflict. the only reason some ASEAN move closer to US was because past few years china has been assertive in that region, but they learn that lesson and start backing down a bit.
Singapore,Phillipines,Japan are all US allies if Chinese are right in their claim then
go to war.

Country flag
as i said china has no interest to attack. and make ASEAN more closer to US. cost vs benefit.
US will be involved no matter what China does. US will make sure chinese
don't get past their shoreline.

s002wjh

Country flag
Singapore,Phillipines,Japan are all US allies if Chinese are right in their claim then
go to war.
yes, did you ever heard any opinion from singapore/japan on SCS?? or they gonna involve in it? no. singapore even warn US not to antagonizing. whats the great beneift and cost for singapore/Japan to get involve??? they don't just follow US or help philippin blindly. if you can find a good reason/article for japan/singapore to start a conflict with china regarding SCS, let me know.

Kiyoshi

True, the saying "United we stand, divided we fall" applies to ASEAN.

I think ASEAN is more of an economic bloc rather than a military one.

Thank you for the warm welcome.:)

Country flag
yes, did you ever heard any opinion from singapore/japan on SCS?? or they gonna involve in it? no. singapore even warn US not to antagonizing. whats the great beneift and cost for singapore/Japan to get involve??? they don't just follow US or help philippin blindly. if you can find a good reason/article for japan/singapore to start a conflict with china regarding SCS, let me know.
They don't have to say anything US bases are there to keep china in check.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles