China's yearly report on US human rights record: 2011

pmaitra

If several Western countries can issue lists of "most corrupt countries," "least democratic countries," yada yada; then why not PRC?

Also, what's up the these banking cartels issuing ratings, like those by S&P or HSBC?

If I had things in my hand, I'd definitely have a few countries in the top of the list of the most corrupt:

Yes, one of them would be Germany. Why? Because, their law encourages German companies to offer graft to foreign customers and get a tax relief on that graft as 'commission.' This is legalized corruption.

Make no mistake, I am a great admirer of Germany otherwise.

If I had to make the list of countries that "shelter bandits and international criminals," UK would be one of the top in the list. UK has given shelter to Qatada, and not only that, Russian fugitives, Yevgeny Chichvarkin, and Boris Berezovsky. another fugitive and traitor who was given shelter by UK, Litvinenko, was allegedly eliminated by Russia.

I have absolutely nothing to criticize PRC on this. Sure, they are hypocrites, but then, who else is not?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
If several Western countries can issue lists of "most corrupt countries," "least democratic countries," yada yada; then why not PRC?
The US State Department is full of bed-wetting liberals who are compelled to judge other countries on human rights.

mylegend

How funny, the Communist Party has such a humor by reporting on US human right when it disregard human right. It is just like killer yelling you shall not kill.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What is the correlation between concealed weapons and crime rate?

If you have to carry arms to feel safe, then it is a pretty dangerous place.

And I doubt the chinese care one way or another how civilians arm themselves. the point is about lax firearm possesion control.
I don't subscribe to arms sale over the counter.

But then that is better a risk to take than having my door knocked at midnight by the Police, hauled away and disappear as a citizen and that I ever existed! ;)

At least, in the US I can shoot back! ;)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
And I can post links to several incidents ranging from bombing in shopping mall to school shootings.,

I am not sure what a single incident is gonna prove?

Is Norway unsafe because of that?
If ONE person on the island where the massacre took place was armed, it could have been prevented.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Oh please china giving lectures on human rights.with supression going on in Xinjiang and tibet.Atleast Uighurs can protect their human rights by paying hans by same voilent coin but poor non-voilent tibetians are burning themselves.Its better if Uighurs take up heir struggle as well and protect tibetians.

ejazr

Ambassador
What's more is that Malaysian Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal led by public prosecutor Professor Gurdial Singh Nahar recently declared Bush and Co. as War Criminals and have sent the case to the ICC

Shades of Nuremberg

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
It is not like being a democracy would result in a clean chit human rights record but in a democracy one can raise the issue of suppression right from the general public level, rest depends upon the citizen of the state itself to determine what they want and expect from their chosen representative,humanity is lesser a definition to bound itself within the term of human rights, man in his evolution of life learn and apply his learning to lead a better life, democracy itself is an evolution of society, take the example of a group of kids, an action is a result of an unity of consensus even in the play ground. Their will be exception and limitation in any political system but in a democratic political structure, you are authorised to raise a voice to fight against injustice, as justice do not literally dictates man but man dictates justice. Government forms are evolutionary too.

But an authority with no authority to set up an independent human right monitoring agency to check upon any possible violation of rights should not point a finger upon others who does have a liberal policy. Critics like independent press and media actually helps to figure where their is an failure, for a nation with controlled mass media is natural not to exhibit their short comings but that does not defines that no real issue had ever arise, neither pointing human right violation issues of liberal nations does indicates that the government is not taking corrective steps. Reporting human right violation is half the work done,later half is to rectify and implement corrective measures.

But ice berg, I think bombing and high school gun rampage are issue of different strata the former is terrorism and the later is law enforcement issue.

ice berg

the point is that a single incident( Breivik incident) dont prove whether a society in whole is safe or not.

The exemples were merely to illustrate that.

ice berg

If ONE person on the island where the massacre took place was armed, it could have been prevented.
Against someone armed with rifle and bulletproof vest and who has trained for years for this? I highly doubt that.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
the point is that a single incident( Breivik incident) dont prove whether a society in whole is safe or not.

The exemples were merely to illustrate that.
A perfect state is an imaginary state, you cannot predict a definite conclusion when factors around are dynamic in nature.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles