IMG_20180117_155945.jpg

Type 051B destroyer...
What's next to it? Type 051C?

These are Type 05 and Type97 (ZBD)
armoured vehicles

I can't identify the chopper

shiphone

Country flag
ZTD-05 amphibious assault vehicle(105mm gun)

and ZBD-05 amphibious fighting vehicle(30mm gun),

so called ZBD-97 actually is the ZBD-04 IFV

---------------------
Z-8J Transportation(PLAN also owns Z-8JH SAR/ Z-8S SAR)

this screen shot about the same News is more convincing

and Z-18F ASW and all varients

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
the only Type 051B - PLAN DDG 167 has been in service for almost 20 years, she just returned into active service after 2 years overhaul and MLU with 32 cells of VLS and YJ-12 supersonic AShM etc.

before the refit and after.

----------------
so called 'next to it' is a Type 071 LPD

Hari Sud

Country flag
India does not need reverse engineered large navy like china. They face US 7th fleet, Japan, and all other small nations of South China Sea. In addition they began occupying South China Sea two years back, hence they need a large fleet of worthless vessels.

India on the other hand need not worry too much about china in Indian Ocean. Only Indian media cooks stories of Chinese naval might, as if all of it is coming to Indian Ocean and leaving their own backyard empty.

No, it is not going to happen.

India has to build a very efficient but smaller navy, which it is already doing and watch out what Pakistan is doing to save Karachi commercial port. The latter will be first target if Pakistani wish to resume funny stuff like they did in 1999, occupying Kargil heights. Karachi port destruction is to be hundred percent certain. Any Chinese Naval Armada coming for a rescue is to be dealt a severe blow by sinking one or two of their submarines or a few destroyers. That will send Chinese back to their home base.

nimo_cn

Country flag
India does not need reverse engineered large navy like china. They face US 7th fleet, Japan, and all other small nations of South China Sea. In addition they began occupying South China Sea two years back, hence they need a large fleet of worthless vessels.

India on the other hand need not worry too much about china in Indian Ocean. Only Indian media cooks stories of Chinese naval might, as if all of it is coming to Indian Ocean and leaving their own backyard empty.

No, it is not going to happen.

India has to build a very efficient but smaller navy, which it is already doing and watch out what Pakistan is doing to save Karachi commercial port. The latter will be first target if Pakistani wish to resume funny stuff like they did in 1999, occupying Kargil heights. Karachi port destruction is to be hundred percent certain. Any Chinese Naval Armada coming for a rescue is to be dealt a severe blow by sinking one or two of their submarines or a few destroyers. That will send Chinese back to their home base.
I agree, Chinese military building is not targeting India, Indian media's untruthful reports is an act of warmongering and totally unnecessary.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
I agree, Chinese military building is not targeting India, Indian media's untruthful reports is an act of warmongering and totally unnecessary.
Lol ...China attacked India in 1962 and 1967 ....started Water War by attempting to divert natural pathways of Brahmaputra River , supporting terrorists and you say our media report is an act of warmongering ?

Whatever, we don't need to discuss it here as it's unnecessary... Here we will discuss only about the strength and achievements by PLAN and their strategies . I started this thread with positive appreciation for Chinese Navy please don't spoil it.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
Is it Chinese rail gun?
IMG_20180131_204557.jpg
IMG_20180131_204611.jpg
One expert says so...
If they did really make it, then it's a big achievement for them.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
That's a twin 37mm gun. I have seen and followed the exact twitter thread you got it from.
Later they said Rail Gun...
I checked sinodefenceforum, Cao (who first said 37 mm but later said rail gun) and oedo soldier....so ultimately I assumed rail gun...now can't say, I believe here our two Chinese friends can help

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles