China ready to protect Sri Lanka: President Xi Jinping

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
pls let me know where in constitution is written that force will not take role in relationship .

our force never make a voice in favor of nation they just worked for govt .

dont you think our officer are running there duty ( to protect nation from all danger internal or external)
:yawn:

Foreign policy is Union Govt subject. Forces provides input. Ministries take the call because they are democratically elected.

arya

Country flag
:yawn:

Foreign policy is Union Govt subject. Forces provides input. Ministries take the call because they are democratically elected.
a daku win the election and became minister then force will say oh he is elected we cant make voice , let him do whatever he want ??

nation security responsible is our force then govt

satish007

as I know, China try her best to avoid Indian concern.
China is not North Korea, yelling nuke the world but can not do anything is not our culture,
this topic does not tell the full story.
Sri lanka told Xi they support China national sovereignty first and xi replied we also support you within our power reach which also means Sri Lanka please don't do anything now.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
a daku win the election and became minister then force will say oh he is elected we cant make voice , let him do whatever he want ??

nation security responsible is our force then govt
We are talking about diplomacy and Foreign Policy which is civilian govt's area of work.

Country flag
When China does not respect their neighbors sovereignty they could do very little for Sri
Lanka's sovereignty. 4 decades of Tamil tiger militancy proves China already failed and
this is just feel good rhetoric for the small potatoes in Asia.

vram

Country flag
LOL so the Lankans want to get into bed with China..Let them. We can make further friends with Vietnam,Phillipines, Korea , Japan...is there any niegbouring country that China has not managed to tick off in the past year?? :rofl:
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
BY the time China is done sucking out of Lanka ..there will be nothing left there. India just needs to sit back.
EVEN thier taller than mountain friends the pakis have realized how much trade imbalance they with the Chinese and how little they have got off the relation. Heck even in kargil the Chinese did not bother even after mushy went for a begging trip there.

arya

Country flag
We are talking about diplomacy and Foreign Policy which is civilian govt's area of work.
sir why are not understanding diplomacy and foreign polciy will not work if you make you force as like security gaurd on gate

you have to give them importance and force has to understand one thing they are working for the constitution of India not for Indian govt .
they have to show red line to govt or babus .

Country flag
LOL so the Lankans want to get into bed with China..Let them. We can make further friends with Vietnam,Phillipines, Korea , Japan...is there any niegbouring country that China has not managed to tick off in the past year?? :rofl:
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
BY the time China is done sucking out of Lanka ..there will be nothing left there. India just needs to sit back.
EVEN thier taller than mountain friends the pakis have realized how much trade imbalance they with the Chinese and how little they have got off the relation. Heck even in kargil the Chinese did not bother even after mushy went for a begging trip there.
China can do almost nothing in the South China sea and they can do even less
thousands of miles away.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
sir why are not understanding diplomacy and foreign polciy will not work if you make you force as like security gaurd on gate

you have to give them importance and force has to understand one thing they are working for the constitution of India not for Indian govt .
they have to show red line to govt or babus .
:facepalm:

Read my posts again.

Country flag
This is just the small puppies in Asia playing India and China of each other to extract
small gains.

tramp

i just marked your word, then we all will know who is proliferating nuclear technology for free when ASEAN countries are developing nuclear weapons.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2
Hey, China has been the biggest proliferator through Pakistan which gave North Korea and Iran the tech!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
we are merely there to provide protections just in case someone big would bully the neighborhood, what is the fuss all about?

given the overreactions from Indians, i would like to say China's protections are coming timely.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2
I see an analogy with the USSR "protection" of East European nations for decades, until they became free of the Warsaw Pact in 1991. Chinese motives are transparent here.

What "overreactions from Indians" are you talking about?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Oooops

50% of Sri Lanka for China
50% of Sri Lanka (Tamil Eelem) for India
It will become bigger headache.

We don't want LTTE either. Eelem minus LTTE is impossible at the moment.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
It will become bigger headache.

We don't want LTTE either. Eelem minus LTTE is impossible at the moment.
Correct If there is Tamil Eelem LTTE become the National Army of that state

Country flag
I see an analogy with the USSR "protection" of East European nations for decades, until they became free of the Warsaw Pact in 1991. Chinese motives are transparent here.

What "overreactions from Indians" are you talking about?
China does not have the resources for a warsaw type pact. Russia at the time of
Warsaw pact was spending 35% of their GDP on defense and allies and their
economy did not depend on exports. If Chinese decide on a warsaw pact against
the west(iran,pakistan,north korea) walmart stops buying Chinese products -75%
of their exports and China is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles